OFFICIAL 2017 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD - Spring Game schedule on first page

Who is going to win the Pac 12 this season?

• USC

Votes: 13 38.2%
  • Stanford

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Washington

Votes: 9 26.5%
  • Oregon

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • UCLA

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • Wazzu

• Utah

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Colorado

• Oregon St

• Cal

• Arizona St

• Arizona

Votes: 1 2.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
@casper90403
 Nah b Nako was a Herman guy. 

you guys butted heads because Nako tried to spin the Helton hire, and you rightfully hated it from the jump. 

he may have liked him, but he thought it was more risky than Helton. 100% certain. And thats why he was ok with Haden going that direction.

I literally can quote the exact post where that was said in last years thread.

But its done with. it didnt happen and this is where we're at with the trojans.

100% feel better about Helton than Fuente. I think he's a better coach. I wanted nothing to do with Fuente.

I like Herman more than Helton, but for better or worse, we know what Helton is right now as a coach/teacher/coordinator/recruiter in a P5. We don't know what Herman would look like against actual competition so I understand the hesitance to hire him when you already have a "bright young OC" in house who everyone loves.

Shrug. If it wasn't Harbaugh I'd have taken Herman. But I'm not mad about Helton like I was Sark. He's a good coach who makes half time adjustments and gameplans well. I just don't know that he's a coach who can win a national championship. 

Whatever, I'll give him time to get his staff in place before I light my torch and grab my pitchfork.

Didn't Richt say he doesn't plan on coaching anywhere after Georgia?

I'd take Herman over Helton. But again what do I know? We've seen Herman play (and best) one P5 as a head coach? And it was Vanderbilt.

At this time there's nothing that tells us he's a better head coach than Helton really. Not when your neck as AD is on the line making the hire at least.

Richt is 56 years old, a Miami alum, and just donated $1 million of his own money into building an indoor practice facility.

He's here to stay.

Nah, Bobby it's fine.

@casper90403's obsession with and inaccurate portrayal of what "homer SC fans" thought about Clay Helton is one of the most bizarre and annoying things I've ever encountered on NT. Dude throws sneak disses into literally every one of his posts. The rest of us just ignore them.

Those were the reactions the day Clay was hired. For whatever reason dude loves to paint it some other way. Maybe so he can be like "TOLD YOU SO!" as if that earns some points. No one wanted Helton.

@Ecook0808  told you the night of the UCLA win that Helton was going to be named coach (cuz he works with a booster) and you called him a homer and quoted a bunch of dumb **** about SC having their worst recruiting class in school history (lol) and a bunch of other all time worsts you claimed.

And that's not even what you and I had it out over. I've still got that exchange in my inbox thanks to the warnings Meth gave me.

Last edited:
laugh.gif

Chuck Carlton ‏@ChuckCarltonDMN  18m18 minutes ago

LSU head coach odds (via @BovadaLV): Tom Herman 5/4, Jimbo Fisher 3/1, Larry Fedora 4/1. Also: Gary Patterson 15/1, Art Briles 28/1

Chuck Carlton ‏@ChuckCarltonDMN  2h2 hours ago

Can confirm report, via sources, by @SIPeteThamel that Oklahoma, Boren now negative on Big 12 expansion, a potential game - changer.

They gone :lol: .  The Big XII is a joke. 

They have nowhere to go though

OU can only nuke the conference with cooperation from Texas. None of the other 4 will take Oklahoma without Texas.
I think the B1G would take OU along with KU, as long as OKST doesn't have to tag along.

This a conference that just added Rutgers.  OU's brand >>>>>> w/e "television market" Rutgers brought in. 

Nah, Bobby it's fine.

@casper90403
's obsession with and inaccurate portrayal of what "homer SC fans" thought about Clay Helton is one of the most bizarre and annoying things I've ever encountered on NT. Dude throws sneak disses into literally every one of his posts. The rest of us just ignore them.

View media item 2180133View media item 2180134
View media item 2180137

Those were the reactions the day Clay was hired. For whatever reason dude loves to paint it some other way. Maybe so he can be like "TOLD YOU SO!" as if that earns some points. No one wanted Helton.

@Ecook0808
 told you the night of the UCLA win that Helton was going to be named coach (cuz he works with a booster) and you called him a homer and quoted a bunch of dumb **** about SC having their worst recruiting class in school history (lol) and a bunch of other all time worsts you claimed.

And that's not even what you and I had it out over. I've still got that exchange in my inbox thanks to the warnings Meth gave me.

all i said today was you felt Helton was the safer choice over Herman. Denying that?

And yes, i said we would have a terrible recruiting class with the hire. I was wrong. They came out of nowhere on signing day and made a huge push.

Last edited:
Guess not :lol:.

Who was defending Helton then?

we know the answer. someone may have liked Herman more than Helton but that doesn't mean he didn't defend the hiring of Helton.

Guess I'll have to pull up the old thread and show the receipts.

and come to think of it, i think it was dude who had a gold chain in his pic, or something like that, who liked the hire the most.

Last edited:
Unfortunately (or fortunately if you're a UM fan) for GT, they are going to run into yet another team who has likely been repping their option for the last 3 weeks (a la Clemson). Helping to mitigate the youth that UM has @ LB.

Think they might get washed. But stranger things have happened

Back
Top Bottom