OFFICIAL 2017 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD - Spring Game schedule on first page

Who is going to win the Pac 12 this season?

• USC

Votes: 13 38.2%
  • Stanford

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Washington

Votes: 9 26.5%
  • Oregon

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • UCLA

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • Wazzu

• Utah

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Colorado

• Oregon St

• Cal

• Arizona St

• Arizona

Votes: 1 2.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
When you do stuff like that its not because you can't get buns.  Dude's a predator if the story ends up being true, 

IU's uniforms against Nebraska. 

Last edited:
Quincy Wilson was gift wrapped to Miami and Al Golden refused to offer him. How crazy is that? He's going to be a first rounder as an early entrant.

What a clown.

Last edited:
Chris Leak :smh: thought he was one of the good dudes.

Think he is married and has a daughter, one of my favorite former Gators.

Quincy Wilson was gift wrapped to Miami and Al Golden refused to offer him. How crazy is that? He's going to be a first rounder as an early entrant.

What a clown.

I was getting used to the Miami Volunteers that we're starting to roll up too

Good ol' Golden gets canned

The NCAA is on the verge of resolving two long-running controversies in college football related to satellite camps and an early signing date for recruits.

The NCAA Division I Council submitted a proposal Wednesday to introduce two 72-hour periods — one in June and one in mid-December — where football recruits can sign National Letters of Intent. The December date correlates to the ability of junior college players to sign scholarship papers.

Assuming the proposal is adopted by the NCAA Board of Directors, it would go into effect for the 2017-18 recruiting cycle. It represents a significant change for both schools and recruits, whose only opportunity to sign previously was in early February.

Northwestern athletics director Jim Phillips, who chairs the council, said the proposal is part of a comprehensive package of recruiting reforms that was requested by the board. The Football Oversight Committee, a group that includes Big 12 Commissioner Bob Bowlsby, Mississippi State football coach Dan Mullen and several athletics directors, came up with the framework for the proposals after a year of discussion.

Phillips said the council, which has a representative from every FBS and FCS conference, discussed the proposals over three days in Indianapolis this week and passed the football package unanimously. It will now be up for discussion among the NCAA membership from now until the NCAA convention in January, at which point the final drafts will be presented. The Board of Directors will then vote on the proposals in April.

One potential issue with an early signing period is what happens if a player signs a National Letter of Intent only to see the coach fired or leave for another job. Phillips said it’s a factor that “has to be addressed” in the final version of the proposal but pointed to college basketball, where the same issue comes up annually thanks to the November signing period in that sport.

Typically, schools release recruits from their letters if there’s a coaching change.

“We’ve seen it, we’ve handled it and I think we’ve been pretty fair to the student-athletes in how those situations have been dealt with,” Phillips said.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...ng-periods-satellite-camps-recruits/91627604/

^ it should be pretty simple, if the coach is fired or leaves, students should be able to go anywhere else and play immediately the upcoming school year. If a coach is fired during the season, then they have to stay for that year, but would be free to go wherever they choose the next year. Anything else (and the current setup) is ridiculous.

This week USC faces its 6th straight undefeated opponent.

5 of those 6 have been ranked in the top 25 when they faced USC.

Nobody in Boulder outside of the student body (and even that can be lacking) gives two hoots about football. And you are correct - that is sad because they are playing great football.

And I saw someone in the thread ask about KU football and the last time we were revelant. It was 2009. We started out 5-0 and then, oddly enough lost to CU in Boulder which started a 7 game losing streak. In that losing streak Mangino got canned because players alleged that he was to 'tough' on them and we hired Turner Gill the next year.

Nobody in Boulder outside of the student body (and even that can be lacking) gives two hoots about football. And you are correct - that is sad because they are playing great football.

And I saw someone in the thread ask about KU football and the last time we were revelant. It was 2009. We started out 5-0 and then, oddly enough lost to CU in Boulder which started a 7 game losing streak. In that losing streak Mangino got canned because players alleged that he was to 'tough' on them and we hired Turner Gill the next year.

Not true. I live in Denver and literally they have been the talk of the city the last week since they beat Oregon.

^ agreed, I'm up in Boulder, and people are excited. The size of the crowd at the Oregon state game was quite large. Last Friday, down in downtown boulder, the band was playing, the football team was down there, and it was packed. It was pretty cool to see.

^what if it's an assistant coach?
Nah, HC only. 

Allowing guys to transfer after HC change makes sense because guys are committing to "programs", which a HC is ultimately responsible for establishing and maintaining.  Once he is gone, these guys are essentially playing for a different program than the ones they committed to, which is why they should be allowed to leave and go wherever they want. 

Not going to happen though.  At least not anytime soon. 

Last edited:
I'm on the opposite side of letting kids leave because a coach isn't there anymore and not having to sit out. .

^ agreed, I'm up in Boulder, and people are excited. The size of the crowd at the Oregon state game was quite large. Last Friday, down in downtown boulder, the band was playing, the football team was down there, and it was packed. It was pretty cool to see.

Didn't know you were out here. Good **** :pimp: but yeah I was out in Boulder too this weekend and it was pretty damn lit man. First fall out here so to witness that was pretty cool

Last edited:
Bruce Feldman reported on his podcast that he's confirmed, Strong won't be fired during the season, but if he's fired at the end, Tom Herman to Texas is a done-deal.

Back
Top Bottom