OFFICIAL 2017 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD - Spring Game schedule on first page

Who is going to win the Pac 12 this season?

• USC

Votes: 13 38.2%
  • Stanford

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Washington

Votes: 9 26.5%
  • Oregon

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • UCLA

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • Wazzu

• Utah

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Colorado

• Oregon St

• Cal

• Arizona St

• Arizona

Votes: 1 2.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Curtis Samuels legit and he doesn't get near enough touches. Might have to let him straight up play RB and move him around occasionally
But he should be a 25 touch guy including passes and returns... and why doesn't he return kicks?

Who knows dude but Wilson can't catch worth **** back there.

Thank god I didn't have to watch that mess of a game

Heard the O line got blasted like some females

Oh well gotta focus on the next games. Good thing is we could potentially play two more top ten teams (Nebraska and Mich) but we will get washed anyway if JT doesn't pull his head out of his ***

The last possession was atrocious.

Moved like 20 yards in 3 minutes.

JT and the O-Line were gassed at the end.

Threw one deep ball at the end and the ball literally hit the WR in the helmet.

Just awful at the end.

Would rather The Game be an undefeated matchup to end the year, but you'll never hear me complain about them boys catching an L :pimp:

What besides Phil Knight makes Oregon the 2nd best job in the PAC?

Facilities and a commitment to have a nationally relevant program. Does UCLA have the latter?

- UCLA doesn't have Xbox's in every locker cubbies but their athletics facilities aren't that much worse than Oregon's. Sure Oregon has the shine and flash, but UCLA has upgraded their facilities (training center, 100yd practice field, etc.) since Mora got there. Washington's facilities may be as good as Oregon's.

- Oregon may have the worst recruiting base/footprint in the Pac12. Chip had to pay kids to come up to Oregon and even then they struggled to recruit. No one wants to live in Eugene.

- Any coach they hire has to run the HUNH. Same way pro style is part of USC's culture/tradition, a flashy spread is part of Oregon's. They're not hiring any old head pro style coaches.

- there's literally no championship tradition at Oregon to sell. You say they have the commitment to be nationally relevant, but besides the Chip Kelly run, what evidence is there of that? Kelly left and they went out and hired his offensive coordinator. Bellotti left and they went and hired his. I'm not saying they were bad hires but Oregon didn't even try to reach. They cared more about continuity.

- Any coach they hire would have to be ok with not just an AD that tells you what uniforms to wear but an over bearing booster who has more influence within the program than them.

- Oregon recently has a history of sexual assault so they're not hiring Art Briles or any other controversial coach.

- Name one exciting top flight coach you've heard linked to or even showing interest in the Oregon job.

Oregon is not an elite job. They've had great coaches that make it a good job while they are there. In a vacuum it is not that desirable. It's easier to win and get paid doing so at USC, UCLA, and Washington.

Last edited:
- UCLA doesn't have Xbox's in every locker cubbies but their athletics facilities aren't that much worse than Oregon's. Sure Oregon has the shine and flash, but UCLA has upgraded their facilities (training center, 100yd practice field, etc.) since Mora got there. Washington's facilities may be as good as Oregon's.

- Oregon may have the worst recruiting base/footprint in the Pac12. Chip had to pay kids to come up to Oregon and even then they struggled to recruit. No one wants to live in Eugene.

- Any coach they hire has to run the HUNH. Same way pro style is part of USC's culture/tradition, a flashy spread is part of Oregon's. They're not hiring any old head pro style coaches.

- there's literally no championship tradition at Oregon to sell. You say they have the commitment to be nationally relevant, but besides the Chip Kelly run, what evidence is there of that? Kelly left and they went out and hired his offensive coordinator. Bellotti left and they went and hired his. I'm not saying they were bad hires but Oregon didn't even try to reach. They cared more about continuity.

- Any coach they hire would have to be ok with not just an AD that tells you what uniforms to wear but an over bearing booster who has more influence within the program than them.

- Oregon recently has a history of sexual assault so they're not hiring Art Briles or any other controversial coach.

- Name one exciting top flight coach you've heard linked to or even showing interest in the Oregon job.

Oregon is not an elite job. They've had great coaches that make it a good job while they are there. In a vacuum it is not that desirable. It's easier to win and get paid doing so at USC, UCLA, and Washington.

Oregon has been guilty of what USC was guilty of. Hiring based on familiarity. I think that changes with the next coach.

Whatever the coach wants, he gets. Thats a great job to me. Thats all they really care about, football.

UCLA should be a better job. I've always wondered why they never went full blast and went after a big time guy, at least be in the running for top flight guys. Great area to be in, solid fan base. Great recruiting base. Correct me if I'm wrong, but i think they are limited with how much they can pay a head coach because its a state university? UCLA hasn't played in a rose bowl since 1999 and haven't won in 30 years!! Cant put that job ahead of Oregon.

I really don't think UW is the better job. Its been ages since they have played in a meaningful bowl game. 16 years. Kids don't care about how great they were in the 90's. But they are gaining ground, fast.

- Since when is NorCal not part of Oregon's recruiting footprint?  That alone gives it a better recruiting footprint than UW that has a nice base of in-state talent but is bordered by OR, and Idaho. 

- How many "old heads" are there actually left in CFB?  CFB is damn near 95% spread nowadays and even most of the "pro-style" O's lean on the side of being pro-spreads. 

- They've been to two NC's in the last decade.  You think kids nowadays really care or are even aware of Don James' run at UW 
laugh.gif
?  Again see my point with LSU, and wasn't Belotti basically pushed out for Chip?

- Is there any evidence as of yet that Knight has been overbearing with the FB team?  Knight isn't making staff recommendations like T Boone. 

- No one outside of maybe UH is going to hire Briles as a HC this off-season.  Most likely him and his son will be co-OCs or something like that next fall. 

- It's October. 

Bobby Layne Bobby Layne

My point with recruiting was Oregon HAS to go to other states and convince their kids to come up to Oregon.

They're never going to beat USC for any kid they want in California, Deanthony Thomas being the one exception. They're behind even UCLA, Stanford, and in recent years Oklahoma Washington and Nebraska in getting top kids out of CA.

They don't outrecruit Washington in the northwest. It's hard to recruit to Oregon, I don't think any ducks fan would argue that's not the case.

Phil Knight sits in the coaching box with the Oregon coaches and wears a headset. Can you name one other booster you've ever seen do that?

The logical inconsistencies in the polls blow my mind.

A&M loses to the #1 team and Ohio State loses to an unranked team but is ahead of A&M :lol:

Don't mind him, he probably wasn't a fan during the Teevens and Walt Harris eras. 

Yeah you're right I only saw Walt Harris punt on third down in a stadium full off about 6,000 people...
Funny thing is our offense was significantly better then lol and we went 1-11

Back
Top Bottom