OFFICIAL 2017 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD - Spring Game schedule on first page

Who is going to win the Pac 12 this season?

• USC

Votes: 13 38.2%
  • Stanford

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Washington

Votes: 9 26.5%
  • Oregon

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • UCLA

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • Wazzu

• Utah

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Colorado

• Oregon St

• Cal

• Arizona St

• Arizona

Votes: 1 2.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
LOL. I'm not saying there's a problem. @dragicon
 said Harbaugh seems like exactly the kind of coach he'd want to play for, presumably cuz of his wacky antics. He's the cool coach that understands and really cares about you because he climbs trees and picks you up in a van.

All I did was comment, sure, until he makes it clear that he doesn't **** with your civil rights protests. He doesn't. He doesn't **** with your protest. He's said so several times.

You make it sound like he's the coach only not protesting with his players.

No he's not. He's reitirating what Harbaugh himself Said.

And in his second statement was definitely a lot more user friendly I applaud Harbaugh for it

Last edited:
No he's not. He's reitirating what Harbaugh himself Said.

And in his second statement was definitely a lot more user friendly I applaud Harbaugh for it

Jim knew he messed up with his initial comments but listen to a lot of his statements and you can find an issue with them... Came out and said Chris Evans getting KO'd ""He got hit, he went out there for a little bit. Some of the experts say that's a good thing when that happens, the brain resets -- I hope I'm saying that right, it's what I hear from the doctors."... Dude doesnt have much of a filter when he is on the spot... Sometimes doesn't move on when he should... He's good by me

said Harbaugh seems like exactly the kind of coach he'd want to play for, presumably cuz of his wacky antics. He's the cool coach that understands and really cares about you because he climbs trees and picks you up in a van.

All I did was comment, sure, until he makes it clear that he doesn't **** with your civil rights protests. He doesn't. He doesn't **** with your protest. He's said so several times.

Keep in mind that Donovan Jeter also said
“I don’t want to play for a mediocre school,” he said. “I don’t want to play for a team that goes like 7-6. I want to go to a school that plays in the big bowl games or plays in the College Football Playoff. I don’t want to go to an average school because I don’t think I’m an average player. I want to make big time plays on a big time stage.”

Presumably, coach Harbaugh's impressive playing/coaching career attracts a lot of these players, in addition to his wacky antics.

And your second statement is ridiculous. Putting words into his mouth.

Bored USC fan with nothing better to do at this point in the season.

Keep in mind that Donovan Jeter also said
“I don’t want to play for a mediocre school,” he said. “I don’t want to play for a team that goes like 7-6. I want to go to a school that plays in the big bowl games or plays in the College Football Playoff. I don’t want to go to an average school because I don’t think I’m an average player. I want to make big time plays on a big time stage.”
Presumably, coach Harbaugh's impressive playing/coaching career attracts a lot of these players, in addition to his wacky antics.

And your second statement is ridiculous. Putting words into his mouth.

Bored USC fan with nothing better to do at this point in the season.
This is the last thing I'm saying on this because you Michigan dudes get super emotional and defensive when anyone utters anything even closely resembling a criticism of your Harbaugh:
"I acknowledge his right to do it. But I don't respect the motivation or the action."

"I apologize for misspeaking my true sentiments. To clarify, I support Colin's motivation. It's his method of action that I take exception to."

“I’ve been thinking a lot about this over the last four, five, six weeks. Because I am the football coach doesn’t mean I can dictate to people what they believe. I support our guys. “I think this is something that, it’s not going away, it’s gonna keep happening.”
Those are literally word for word quotes from Jim Harbaugh. He is LITERALLY saying that he agrees with their right to protest but he disagrees with the way they are protesting. That is LITERALLY what he is saying. He even clarified it for YOU.

He doesn't agree with football players protesting during the national anthem. He isn't stopping them from doing it, but not stopping them does not mean he agrees with them protesting.

Sheesh.

Last edited:

Benjamin Allbright@AllbrightNFL 1h1 hour ago

Big rumor today is that Tom Herman to #Longhorns is "all but offical." Reliable sources saying what has been suspected for awhile now.
2017: PJ Fleck and WMU week 1; Tom Herman and UTexas week 3.

If Helton really wants to prove he's the best young coach, he's gonna have the opportunities.

It is worth noting though, that this same guy claimed Herman was the leader for the SC job last year and that was baloney. But Bruce Feldman reported the same of Herman weeks ago so UT prob has their mind/hearts set.

Last edited:
Those are literally word for word quotes from Jim Harbaugh. He is LITERALLY saying that he agrees with their right to protest but he disagrees with the way they are protesting. That is LITERALLY what he is saying. He even clarified it for YOU.

He doesn't agree with football players protesting during the national anthem. He isn't stopping them from doing it, but not stopping them does not mean he agrees with them protesting.

Sheesh.

Well if this is your last comment on the matter I won't bother taking it apart.

Last edited:
2017: PJ Fleck and WMU week 1; Tom Herman and UTexas week 3.

If Helton really wants to prove he's the best young coach, he's gonna have the opportunities.

It is worth noting though, that this same guy claimed Herman was the leader for the SC job last year and that was baloney. But Bruce Feldman reported the same of Herman weeks ago so UT prob has their mind/hearts set.

man, that Texas game really is next year? Time flies. I felt like that game was done like 8 years ago, and here we are.

PJ Fleck going to be there though? I would like to see him elsewhere by next off season

Nick Corasaniti ‏@NYTnickc  2h2 hours ago
And introducing Trump in Tampa: Bobby Bowden, legendary FSU coach, who enters to the Seminoles chant
Come and get yo mans Dre 
mean.gif

Bobby Bowden has been loudly conservative and Republican for forever, though, no?

Speaking of College Football coaches that said some funny **** about Kaepernick:
We asked Coach Bowden about how he would handle NFL QB Colin Kaepernick sitting down during the national anthem.

“As a football coach at any level, high school, college, pro, the first thing a coach does every year when he starts is to do everything he can to get his team to be on one page,” he said. “Because you’re not going to win if your team is divided.”

Coach Bowden explained, “A coach is going to do everything to draw them together. I used to take them to movies, take them out to supper, feed them watermelon. Do anything to try and draw them closer.”

He felt that Kaepernick’s protest caused a division on the team.

“Right off the bat you’ve got a division,” said Coach Bowden. “You’ve got this group over here, you’ve got this group over here and it’s a coach’s nightmare.”

How would Bowden have handled the protest if Kaepernick played for him?

I don’t know how much the law would allow me to do, but if the law would allow me, I would make him stand,” he said. “Now, they might say, ‘Well, you can’t do that,’ then I’d try to encourage him to not to do it.”

Coach Bowden said, “I would try to get him to protest in a different way. ‘Hey son, why don’t you give them about $10,000 or $50,000 to the association that defends this?’ To really see how interested he was, then you’ll see him drop by the wayside.”
iseeu.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom