OFFICIAL 2017 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD - Spring Game schedule on first page

Who is going to win the Pac 12 this season?

• USC

Votes: 13 38.2%
  • Stanford

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Washington

Votes: 9 26.5%
  • Oregon

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • UCLA

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • Wazzu

• Utah

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Colorado

• Oregon St

• Cal

• Arizona St

• Arizona

Votes: 1 2.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Haha... Just saw he changed his twitter handle to Fruce Beldman now... I got got
Lol it happens.

I'm sure majority coaches feel the exact same way that Dabo, Harbough etc feel just decide not to say anything. How many you think truly care abt their players? Not just the good ones??

Hope one days the players stop going to those fraud *** coaches and the schools with terrible histories and some present

They wanna talk bout student athletes but the players not supposed to take stands and care bout issues that their classmates are into :smh: ...n Dabo just horrible all around , I need him to take an L ASAP :lol:

Last edited:
Lol it happens.

I'm sure majority coaches feel the exact same way that Dabo, Harbough etc feel just decide not to say anything. How many you think truly care abt their players? Not just the good ones??
Does not agreeing with a particular method of protest mean you don't really care about your players? 
grin.gif

Harbaugh's comments and Dabo's long ignorant diatribe weren't really all that similar either. 

Does not agreeing with a particular method of protest mean you don't really care about your players? >D  

Harbaugh's comments and Dabo's long ignorant diatribe weren't really all that similar either. 

Yes it does because what does Jim Harbough and Dabo Sweeney, rich middle aged white men, know about the black experience in 2016?

Considering most of the players he is coaching are young black men and considering he makes 10's of millions of dollars off their backs, he shouldn't have damn thing to say except unequivocal support and so should every other coach.

Yet they care more about them standing for a song created by a racist that symbolizes a country where their lives aren't valued the same way as soon as they step off the field.

We know the real reasons, Jim Harbough and Dabo Sweeney live in a world of white privledge and feel they can tell these young men what to do and how to react to their own experience.

You can't tell the oppressed how to protest their oppression in a non violent way and say you still support them.

It seems so easy to understand yet and still you see the same ignorant takes every time this topic comes up.

Last edited:
Does not agreeing with a particular method of protest mean you don't really care about your players? >D  

Yes it does because what does Jim Harbough and Dabo Sweeney, rich middle aged white men, know about the black experience in 2016?

Considering most of the players he is coaching are young black black men and considering he makes 10's of millions of dollars off their backs, he shouldn't have damn thing to say except unequivocal support and so should every other coach.

Yet they care more about them standing for a song created by a racist that symbolizes a country where their lives aren't valued the same way as soon as they step off the field.

We know the real reasons, Jim Harbough and Dabo Sweeney live in a world of white privledge and feel they can tell these young men what to do and how to react to their own experience.

You can tell the oppressed how to protest their oppression in a non violent way and say you still support them.

It seems so easy to understand yet and still you see the same ignorant takes every time this topic comes up.
Every time ppl don't get it mane ...like do y'all luv y'all coaches/teams THAT much ? :lol:

Does not agreeing with a particular method of protest mean you don't really care about your players? 
grin.gif

There's a lack of empathy for the players and its strictly business with them when it comes to these kids.

There's a lack of empathy for the players and its strictly business with them when it comes to these kids.

Unfortunately, as long as the Univ and coaches are the only ones getting paid, thats the way they HAVE to treat it or else they lose their jobs

Considering most of the players he is coaching are young black black men and considering he makes 10's of millions of dollars off their backs, he shouldn't have damn thing to say except unequivocal support and so should every other coach.

You can tell the oppressed how to protest their oppression in a non violent way and say you still support them.

Close to nothing

But does disagreeing with a particular method of protest mean that you don't have empathy for your players and the plight they and the communities they come from are and have been going through?

It's one thing to disagree with a particular form of protest, and completely another to dictate to a group how, when, and under what circumstances they should protest.  Harbaugh isn't guilty of the latter IMO. 

No, I agree that these kids are simply slabs of meat to most of these guys and vessels to further their own careers. 

But I haven't seen that be the case with Harbaugh yet, and although I'd admit that I'm biased, I'd venture to believe that it's probably different with him based on his experience as both a collegiate and pro player. 

IMO statements about disagreeing with the method of protest have really become a giant red herring and a deflection tactic. Most of the people using that argument can't seem to come up with a better way to protest when protest by its definition is disruptive and designed to be uncomfortable. What most of these people mean is that they don't want people to protest at all because the protest makes them uncomfortable and makes them have to see and address things they don't want to see or address. They would rather these players "shut up" and play football without recognizing the fact that for most of these players and their families this is literally a life or death issue.

Close to nothing

But does disagreeing with a particular method of protest mean that you don't have empathy for your players and the plight they and the communities they come from are and have been going through?

It's one thing to disagree with a particular form of protest, and completely another to dictate to a group how, when, and under what circumstances they should protest.  Harbaugh isn't guilty of the latter IMO. 

No, I agree that these kids are simply slabs of meat to most of these guys and vessels to further their own careers. 

But I haven't seen that be the case with Harbaugh yet, and although I'd admit that I'm biased, I'd venture to believe that it's probably different with him based on his experience as both a collegiate and pro player. 
Well in this case you are wrong...he said he doesn't believe in motivation behind the protest (which is injustice for black ppl ) then quickly apologized when he knew he goofed ...that might be your coach but he's no different than the rest n he lookin funny for them protest comments , some things are bigger than a coach/team

https://www.google.com/amp/ftw.usat...gh-colin-kaepernick-protest/amp?client=safari

Well in this case you are wrong...he said he doesn't believe in motivation behind the protest (which is injustice for black ppl ) then quickly apologized when he knew he goofed ...that might be your coach but he's no different than the rest n he lookin funny for them protest comments , some things are bigger than a coach/team

https://www.google.com/amp/ftw.usat...gh-colin-kaepernick-protest/amp?client=safari
That comment was on the fly in the middle of a press conference, and wasn't unprompted. 

He further clarified that he misspoke and let known his true intentions, and based on the fact there is no evidence he's been flippant in that past on these type of issues, I think we should take the man at his word. 

That comment was on the fly in the middle of a press conference, and wasn't unprompted. 

He further clarified that he misspoke and let known his true intentions, and based on the fact there is no evidence he's been flippant in that past on these type of issues, I think we should take the man at his word. 
N I am talking his word, the original one ...not after somebody wrote up a nice apology for him :lol: :smh:

He the one that said it so he gets no pass

Forgot to post this, but Gunna was right, the Ridley block was not a penalty but the rule has been adjusted a bit so that now you can no longer cut guys from the side in the open field. 
  Except as in paragraph 3 (below), players not covered in paragraph 1 (above)
while the ball is still in the tackle box, and all players after the ball has left the
tackle box, are allowed to block below the waist only if the force of the initial
contact is directed from the front. “From the front” is understood to mean within
the clock-face region between “10 o’clock and 2 o’clock” forward of the player being
blocked.
https://www1.arbitersports.com/Grou...es/2016 NCAA Football Rules Changes Final.pdf

Jeeeeeez @ that hit on Speedy Noil

That screen pass on the goal line to Ridley
smokin.gif
Now that should have definitely been a penalty 
laugh.gif

mean.gif

Mack reminds me of a young Reuben.  Hopefully he learns to stop leading with his head so he doesn't knock his own self out like Reuben has on occasion. 

Considering most of the players he is coaching are young black men and considering he makes 10's of millions of dollars off their backs, he shouldn't have damn thing to say except unequivocal support and so should every other coach.

You can't tell the oppressed how to protest their oppression in a non violent way and say you still support them.

Say it louder for the people in the back.

As the great Mya Angelou said, when someone shows you who they are believe them. I really wish the coaches would just shut up, cause they really don't care for the most part on the WHY of the demonstrations, but on the other hand 2016 is the year of the exposure.

What really makes me angry about idiots like Dumbo Sweeney is that he'd rather "relate" to his players by dancing like an idiot rather than trying to relate to them by educating himself on the issues of police brutality and how that brutality is often directed at communities of color.

View media item 2209816

Back
Top Bottom