OFFICIAL 2017 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD - Spring Game schedule on first page

Who is going to win the Pac 12 this season?

• USC

Votes: 13 38.2%
  • Stanford

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Washington

Votes: 9 26.5%
  • Oregon

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • UCLA

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • Wazzu

• Utah

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Colorado

• Oregon St

• Cal

• Arizona St

• Arizona

Votes: 1 2.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BTW, in re: Adoree

He was going to come back but factors -- he received a top 20-45 draft grade, is 21+ years old (so he'd be 23 as a rookie), and had familial pressures -- ended up pushing him to declare. Also a feel that unless he showed out as a stud receiver he really had nothing left to show and could only risk injury.

Juju was the same deal but the family leaned on him more.

Both are projected 1st round picks which is surprising. Mama got a surprising (read somewhere 3rd-4th round grade) too apparently and was advised that coming back wouldn't improve his stock at all since physically he's basically what he will be.
Who has Jackson has a 1st round grade?
http://walterfootball.com/draft2017_1.php

I feel like you only surface to slander USC?

[h1]  [/h1]
[h1]USC’s Adoree’ Jackson is still going to class after declaring for the NFL draft[/h1]
0 New, 2 comments
[h2]This is pretty cool.[/h2]
by Morgan Moriarty Jan 25, 2017, 9:54am EST

USC’s do-everything cornerback and special teams returner Adoree’ Jackson declared for the 2017 NFL draft earlier this month, after an impressive three years in a Trojans uniform. Although Jackson is preparing for his next steps before entering the league, he hasn’t left USC entirely just yet — in fact, he’s still taking classes on campus. After someone asked him on Twitter why he was still attending classes, Jackson said Tuesday that he’s trying to earn his degree.
Trying to get this degree boss! Trying to make major moves. https://t.co/ba2rSVhlWN
— Adoree' Jackson (@AdoreeKnows) January 25, 2017
Jackson staying in school for the spring semester and getting his degree isn’t too much of a surprise. Since his before his freshman year in 2013, he mentioned a couple times on Twitter about how getting his degree was one of his goals while at USC.

What’s a bit interesting, though, is the timing in which Jackson is choosing to continue to pursue his degree. We’ve seen various NFL players go back to school after their careers began — quarterback Cam Newton earned his degree in 2015, two years after his Auburn career ended. Former Alabama cornerback Ha Ha Clinton-Dix is continuing to pursue his criminal justice degree. Jackson’s case is a bit rare, given that he’s still in school in the months leading up to the NFL draft. The spring leading up to the draft typically features the NFL combine, various meetings with teams, and everything else that goes along with the process.

It also helps that Jackson is based in Los Angeles, one of the major cities in the United States that a lot of prospects go to train prior to the draft.

cont'd. http://www.sbnation.com/college-foo...-adoree-jackson-going-to-class-2017-nfl-draft

Kai-Leon Herbert about to cancel his visit and UF can't even get Chris Henderson on the phone. Well well well...

As long as they don't land Marvin Wilson then idc lol
Unless something major changes in the next week, he's going to LSU... brother and momma want him there.

Sumlin offered Grant Gunnell's brother a preferred walk-on role... and he took it.

View media item 2311987Looks like he'd get murdered taking a hit in practice. :lol:

Last edited:
Sumlin so damn desperate these days. I even seen Rich Moore bout to leave the team.

I keep seeing Marvin FSU bound tho? :nerd:

Had a discussion abt this and this question was asked. How many stars would this kid have if he was black?? Or would that not change a thing??

Sumlin so damn desperate these days. I even seen Rich Moore bout to leave the team.
Is he? If he felt desperation why didn't he offer Stidham and go all-in on 2017?

That whole situation was so odd to me. If he felt like his job was on the line, why would he decide not to offer after Stidham spent so much time on campus discreetly in the fall?

I thought Moore had decided to stay? Is that bubbling up again?

Had a discussion abt this and this question was asked. How many stars would this kid have if he was black?? Or would that not change a thing??

The color of his skin wouldn't change the fact that he is a kid who is probably like 5'10 190 and projects to be a guy who will make the vast majority of his plays inside the box.  Little guys with his kind of game almost never get any love from recruiting services. 

I like his game tho, and hope he accepts the PWO offer from Michigan.  The staff seems serious about making the WO program a priority, and giving these guys every opportunity to play.  

Is he? If he felt desperation why didn't he offer Stidham and go all-in on 2017?

That whole situation was so odd to me. If he felt like his job was on the line, why would he decide not to offer after Stidham spent so much time on campus discreetly in the fall?

I thought Moore had decided to stay? Is that bubbling up again?

I don't think he's coming off as a coach that's mailing it in either. Overpaying Chavis &
Mazzone comes to mind. Now those guys look like they're doing it just for the check. :lol:

The color of his skin wouldn't change the fact that he is a kid who is probably like 5'10 190 and projects to be a guy who will make the vast majority of his plays inside the box.  Little guys with his kind of game almost never get any love from recruiting services. 

I like his game tho, and hope he accepts the PWO offer from Michigan.  The staff seems serious about making the WO program a priority, and giving these guys every opportunity to play.  
You don't think being a white skill player deep in sec country has an effect on rankings?? And if you watch his full tape the kid is making plays all over the field on both sides of the ball and even has a few nice KR's. Playing against good comp too like Hoover. He's abt 5'11 185 officially.

Last edited:

You don't think being a white skill player deep in sec country has an effect on rankings?? And if you watch his full tape the kid is making plays all over the field on both sides of the ball and even has a few nice KR's. Playing against good comp too like Hoover. He's abt 5'11 185 officially.
I do to a point, but I can understand why a kid with his kind of game is an unranked type. 

I watched both his tapes. 

Elijah Blades
nerd.gif

He's tiny and slow. A video of him laying out defenseless receivers doesn't change that.

He has some transcript issues which had him on the outs with a few schools but he's been in talks with sc and others for a while. He canceled his SC official yesterday and was gonna stick with UF then today decommitted from UF and seems a bit of a toss up

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom