OFFICIAL 2017 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD - Spring Game schedule on first page

Who is going to win the Pac 12 this season?

• USC

Votes: 13 38.2%
  • Stanford

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Washington

Votes: 9 26.5%
  • Oregon

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • UCLA

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • Wazzu

• Utah

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Colorado

• Oregon St

• Cal

• Arizona St

• Arizona

Votes: 1 2.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Wait, this Daniels kid isn't even a '18 kid? He's c/o 2019?

_lPiUZ.gif

:lol:

TBH I only talk about him as s troll on Stan fan and his boasting. He's gonna stick wherever he commits though.

Last edited:
Mike Leach is great to listen to. I always make it a point to sit at his area when Pac-12 media day is here. Dude isn't even talking about football. Just talked about having a pirate ship and being on it the two months prior to media day.

Cliffs
  • Josh Allen threw the most impressive ball there. 
  • There's some internal debate about Darnold's mechanics among the scouting community unsurprisingly.
  • Mason Rudolph looked good, reshaped his body a bit and added some good weight. 
  • Jake Browning is a right handed Kellen Moore. 
  • Archie thought this was the best group of college QB's the camp has had. 
  • Peyton took a liking to Hurts and kind of took him under his wing there. 
Unrelated to the camp but I guess NFLN Total access is going to be on site at the opening on Monday.  They're also picking up that mini-doc series that ESPN was doing on the Elite 11 which should come out sometime in August. 

Last edited:
Sports Illustrated's Top 100 players of 2017.

The ordering on this list is not intended to simply reflect past production nor is it a reflection of the players’ status as potential NFL draft picks. Essentially the idea is if one were to conduct a fantasy draft to build a college football team from scratch, these are the players we’d want most.

Top 10
10. James Washington, WR, Oklahoma State
9. Harold Landry, DE, Boston College
8. Connor Williams, OT, Texas
7. Arden Key, LB, LSU
6. Minkah Fitzpatrick, CB, Alabama
5. Saquon Barkley, RB, Penn State
4. Ed Oliver, DT, Houston
3. Lamar Jackson, QB, Louisville
2. Baker Mayfield, QB, Oklahoma
1. Derwin James, S, Florida State

It's crazy that Richie James is only gonna be a RS Jr this year... kid is gonna have 4 straight 1,000+ yard receiving years plus he can run it and had to play qb in a game last year.

None of this shocks me anymore but in that S.I. Top 100 list:

Big Ten Conference: 14 players
Bama & FSU: 15 players

Derwin becoming one of the most overrated players, he a good freshman year, was getting cooked on a bad FSU defense then got injured. I'm sure he'll bounce back...

Kinda unfair that AAC teams are gonna have to deal with Ed Oliver for 2 more years. Like what did they do to deserve that punishment?

Last edited:
Derwin Da Gawd 
pimp.gif

Mo Hust is the best draft eligible IDL after Wilkins.  Should be a lot higher on the list. 

Hand is still living off the recruiting hype, the problem with the limited snaps argument is that Allen and Tomilson both flashed as underclassmen before being thrust into prominent roles for Bama.  Haven't really seen it with that dude. 

Maybe they were worried about having too many Bama players on the list but I'm kind of surprised Rashaan Evans got left off the list.  He'll probably get drafted higher than SDH based on tools alone.  Kind of has a Jamie Collins type game. 

Leaving UTEP G Will Hernandez off this is going to look really dumb when dude is drafted in the first two RD's next spring. 

A 14-week football playing season will be examined by the Division I Football Oversight Committee, the NCAA announced on Friday.

Currently, Division I football plays a 13-week season with one weekend off. In years when there are 14 Saturday’s between Labor Day and Thanksgiving, football plays a 14-week schedule with two off weeks.

The last 14-week season was in 2014, and the next is in 2019. After that, the calendar doesn’t allow for a 14-week schedule until the 2024 and 2025 seasons.

A permanent 14-week regular-season schedule would, as previously mentioned, afford each football program two off weeks during the season rather than just one.

A 14-week season on a regular basis could cause problems around college football. Preseason camps may need to start earlier, and playing dates for end-of-season rivalry games and the Army-Navy game could be affected.

Even though the NCAA is just beginning their discussions on the matter, many coaches in the SEC have already expressed their dislike for the 14-week season.

“Our coaches had concern about the notion of going to a 14-week football schedule on a regular basis that causes the start of the regular season to be earlier,” SEC commissioner Greg Sankey told the Montgomery Advertiser last month. “We obviously have 14-week schedules built into the regular season on a regular basis with the Labor Day start and the conference championship game but the question was in years where that’s not the fact, should we start a week earlier.”
http://www.fbschedules.com/2017/06/ncaa-examine-14-week-football-playing-season/

I'd be in favor of it.  Always been in favor of adding another bye to the NFL season as well. 

They are going to have to do something if they expect these kids to play up to 16 games soon. 

Last edited:
 Paul Myerberg‏Verified account @PaulMyerberg  10h10 hours ago
 Sam Darnold won the college counselor QB competition here at The Opening ... with the highest score they've ever recorded in the event.
laugh.gif

ASU under Nike tho >

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom