OFFICIAL 2017 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD - Spring Game schedule on first page

Who is going to win the Pac 12 this season?

• USC

Votes: 13 38.2%
  • Stanford

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Washington

Votes: 9 26.5%
  • Oregon

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • UCLA

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • Wazzu

• Utah

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Colorado

• Oregon St

• Cal

• Arizona St

• Arizona

Votes: 1 2.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Heard that Lingard kid looked terrible at the opening, granted it's not really a RB friendly type of camp. But they said he had absolutely no shake.
I haven't read anything that said he looked terrible. Literally all the RBs do is the cat and mouse game anyways to judge them off of.

Wiltfong said that it wasn't his type of setting. He's not a guy with a crazy amount of shake, anyways. He's a speed and power guy. He looked good catching the ball out of the backfield from what I saw too. 

Need Odds on favorite to be tennesssee new head coach next year?

Jim Bob Cooter or Tee Martin
Would UTk hire a black coach, even if he was a NC winning alum?

I don't see Coochie Mane's arrest history playing well on a college campus in today's climate.  Holgo seems like he could fit there. 

Last edited:

Remember when Durant had those shoes that had the high sock attached to it? Would that have been better executed on football cleats?

Need Odds on favorite to be tennesssee new head coach next year?

Jim Bob Cooter or Tee Martin
Thought y'all didn't want Tee as your HC at this point in his career? Are you certain he can coach? I do like him as the CEO manager type of HC though.

That said, stay the **** away. I hope UTk wins the SEC East.

Where's Chip going to end up?
Would he consider Tenn?
I don't see why he wouldn't.  

The other significant jobs that could open this off season are ND, UCLA, and A&M.  Like Tennessee neither of those jobs are slam dunks, and all come with their fair share of issues. 

Chip's also still pretty tight with Uncle Phil supposedly, which could push him to a Nike school like Tennessee. 

Would he consider Tenn?
He's a guy that feels comfortable on the west coast and northeast. He has openly said he hates the pomp and circumstance of the SEC and the kissing up to boosters. He could have had a southern job already if he really wanted it. That said, he could have had several west coast and north east jobs too 
laugh.gif

Would he consider Tenn?
He's a guy that feels comfortable on the west coast and northeast. He has openly said he hates the pomp and circumstance of the SEC and the kissing up to boosters. He could have had a southern job already if he really wanted it. That said, he could have had several west coast and north east jobs too 
laugh.gif
LSU and UT were already filled by the time he got fired from SF. 

Last one Dre, if you don't mind. Rusty Mansell is solid

georgia.247sports.com/Bolt/Mansell-What-I-am-hearing-on-Justin-Fields-53451504

He thinks:

uga
FSU
the barn/florida

I imagine when you hit a big lottery ticket you hear from people you have not heard from in a long time.

(Photo: Rusty Mansell, 247Sports)

Five-Star quarterback Justin Fields of Kennesaw, Ga. is going to be a daily discussion among several fan bases. (Photo: Rusty Mansell, 247Sports)
It is starting to kind of feel that way for me.

Now, I haven’t won anything recently but I am hearing from people I have not heard from in a long time. The reason: Justin Fields.

I made a Crystal Ball on the 5-star quarterback to UGA back on June 22. That day there was nothing that told me he was committed to Georgia. I based that CB off of bits and pieces of information I had to put together to say that, in the end, I thought he would end up at UGA.

As of July 5, I am still leaning that way. BUT, in no way, do I think this is over.

I have talked to a lot of people about him over the last few weeks and not just people in the state of Georgia. Obviously, there are multiple schools involved including Auburn, Alabama, Florida, Florida State and, yes, even Penn State, a school he was once committed to.

I feel like multiple staffs feel good about their chances with him. He is going to do his due diligence. He is going to make this next decision and I believe it will be over. I don’t see him going back through this late unless something crazy happens.

What I believe as of today, based off multiple conversations, is that this is shaping up to be a Florida State and Georgia battle down the stretch. I spoke with a source that is very connected in the South in the last 24 hours that has been very good to me on others, and those were the two teams he had heard as well behind the scenes.

Before Auburn and Florida fans fly off at me, I do not think they are out of it by any means. I just keep hearing the most about two teams from people close to his circle and it is FSU and UGA.

Auburn has recruited him hard and they have a great opportunity with an overnight visit coming up next week. He will then visit UGA and it sounds like it will most likely be an overnight visit as well.

Will he visit UF for Friday Night Lights? He very well could.

Again, this is going to be tough to cover. There is going to be a lot of information out there. I am just collecting as much as I can from different circles.

Final Ranking of the Elite 11 Quarterbacks
START SLIDESHOW
Right now these are my thoughts on this elite five-star QB, and my Crystal Ball still says he’ll end up at Georgia as of right now.

Thought y'all didn't want Tee as your HC at this point in his career? Are you certain he can coach? I do like him as the CEO manager type of HC though.

I second this. Lets go Vols and Butch.

I second this. Lets go Vols and Butch.

[emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128557[/emoji]

I'm not a supporter of Tee getting the gig but...

His name will come up once Butch chokes this season away, and yes, he will find a way to do it.

Gotta believe Peyton Manning would get the 1st phone call from the AD.

No clue. he comes back to help QBs over the summer. Those guys probably miss the game but don't want to live it any more.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom