OFFICIAL 2017 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD - Spring Game schedule on first page

Who is going to win the Pac 12 this season?

• USC

Votes: 13 38.2%
  • Stanford

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Washington

Votes: 9 26.5%
  • Oregon

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • UCLA

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • Wazzu

• Utah

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Colorado

• Oregon St

• Cal

• Arizona St

• Arizona

Votes: 1 2.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Well at least you're honest about just being rejected and spared all of us of some sob story about how you and your suburbanite parents "just couldn't afford it". 

I'm sure your Sac St degree gets you a lot of hits on apps out there in NorCal tho
I didn't go to Sac St, San Jose State, or any UC/CSU school, went to University of San Francisco and didn't get any help from "my subordinate parents" because my mom died when I was a sophomore in high school. 

Last edited:

ANN ARBOR, Mich. -- The University of Michigan football program announced Monday (Jan. 23) a special educational and football experience for its student-athletes, with a week of learning and spring practice in Rome.

Michigan Football will travel to Rome, Italy, after finals toward the end of winter semester in April for an extraordinary life experience during the spring practice season. The players and staff will use three of the allotted 15 spring football practices in Rome, training at AS Roma, the professional Italian football (soccer) club in the city.

During the trip to Rome, the Wolverines will be immersed in the culture of Italy. The team will visit historic landmarks, spend time with youth at orphanages, and visit

deployed U.S. military in the country amongst other team activities. The experience will culminate with a youth clinic, and the team will play a scrimmage that will be open to the Italian public.
http://www.mgoblue.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/012317aaa.html

laugh.gif
 Probably a more enriching experience than most football players will get 

Harbaugh pulling out all the stops.

Scrimmage in italy :lol:

They're gonna have a spring practice on the Great Wall of China next year

Harbaugh pulling out all the stops.

Scrimmage in italy :lol:

They're gonna have a spring practice on the Great Wall of China next year

Love that he is doing all this stuff but I hope late game management and play calling improves this offseason... OL development as well

*Schedules Spring scrimmage against the Baggio brothers*

*Still loses to Urban Meyer*

Last edited:
http://washington.247sports.com/Bolt/Tuipulotu-Decommits-Going-to-USC-50765768
[h1]Tuipulotu Decommits, Going to USC[/h1][h2]The mystery is solved and the Husky coaches can go on with their lives now. Marlon Tuipulotu surfaced today to say he has decommitted from Washington.[/h2]
Tuipulotu has been committed to Washington for nearly a year, but in a last minute, 12th hour move he visited USC over the weekend and the whole Washington thing disintegrated. 
[h2]  [/h2]
This Ruth lady is so salty and petty
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Little tidbit from a message board regarding Wilson. Hopefully him and the new QB coach can get JT straightened out

"The Fourth Wiseman has known Kevin Wilson for over two decades--and he chimed with some early reviews, thoughts and observations..

"Coach Wilson really has a unique way of going about his business. His first order of business was to come in and watch as much practice tape as Ohio State had. After he did that he spent the next day watching every single game---from beginning to end. He then wanted to see all the grades for the players for each game. So he kinda does things in reverse. He wanted to have his own opinions and impressions----before he spoke to anyone else and before he got their opinions on the matter.

After he compiled all this data he asked to speak to as many of the departing players as he could--so he could get a good handle from people "leaving" the program--as they tend to shoot the straightest.

He is just now getting around to indepth conversations with all the returning players.

As for his early impressions of the OSU offense?

1) He always thought--when he coached against OSU----that the receiving route concepts were not highly evolved. That impression has been reinforced. The OSU passing game is alarmingly simplistic.

2) The offensive line was solid but not spectacular last season. Lots of good things to build off of, but an over-arching concern of communication breakdowns up and down the line that need to get fixed.

3) Playcalling was pedestrian. Its not enough to call "constraint" plays anymore--you need to be calling "Constraint plays work off of other constraint plays" in combination. OSU needs to be better in this area.

4) Wide receivers need to be better. Sloppy route running--inconsistent effort. Overall the weakest link in the offensive arsental

5) Liked the running backs. Actually thinks we have guys down the depth chart that can help

6) Thought Barrett struggled with indecision that stemmed from several of the factors above---combined with a fear of turning the ball over. Should have just tucked and run a bit more---but lots of time just had no where to go with the ball.

7) All that being said, feels JT Barrett is head and shoulders his best option at QB. And that he will be the QB next year, and that its really not a close call. Feels like the OSU offense can take huge strides in a short period of time with a new, fresh look at the offense.

Coach Wilson is a tough nut to crack, but he is totally excited about the challenge--and feels like he has so much raw material to work with....."

I love washington fans. 
we know
1) He always thought--when he coached against OSU----that the receiving route concepts were not highly evolved. That impression has been reinforced. The OSU passing game is alarmingly simplistic.
That's always been the knock on Meyer's O. 

These are some good reads
 Kyle Jones ‏@Jones  Jan 16
 My first piece of 2017 examines the breadth of Kevin Wilson's experience within 'spread' systems like Ohio State's: http://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-...ohio-state-offensive-coordinator-kevin-wilson
 Kyle Jones ‏@Jones  4h4 hours ago
 My @11W Film Study piece this week examines the way new Ohio State OC Kevin Wilson sequences his play-calls: http://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-...analyzing-kevin-wilsons-style-of-play-calling
I wish Ross Fulton still wrote for 11W.  Sucks Rivals picked him up. 

Bruce Feldman@BruceFeldmanCFB 4h4 hours ago

SOURCE: #Cal expected to hire Tim DeRuyter as defensive coordinator

Good hire.
Still think Cal could have done better, but he's put together a nice staff so far. 

They needed that burner like Devin Smith to take the top off. That kid ran past errbody two years ago

Jay Tufele needs to come through nako xl nako xl

We need to lock him up from going on his Utah visit. Can't imagine him leaving their without committing to them.

I need two stud DT's. Been forever.

Michigan just interviewed Indiana's OL Coach Greg Frey. He might get hired by the end of the week. Plus he was at Michigan as OL coach from 08-10 with Rich Rod.

Back
Top Bottom