Official 2017 Knicks Offseason thread, Phil Jackson gone

Hornacek is a **** for waiting this long to give Baker some tick. Son is probably our second best guard

i think baker was out with a foot injury the last couple games, but from this game forward he better be playing over sasha. hes the only person that actually moves without the ball, cuts, and plays defense besides smokey aka holliday

We can't keep going with this traditional line-up. Melo getting scraped either due to age or effort.

Kristaps been lazy on that side too but we might have to move him to the 5 sooner rather than later.

Small ball iine-up, no triangle, no Melo chasing after perimeter guys. Protect the rim and play the younger guys, they're worth it.

Amelia is strictly a 4 at this point and Kristaps is a 5. Neither has the lateral quickness to guard 3's or stretch 4's. The Noah signing is a tough pill to swallow seeing how these two are completely playing out of position.

why do yall keep calling melo amelia? melo did his thing today offensively but his defense sucked, too many turnovers and didnt get his teammates involved...after watching that 07 knicks team getting blown out against the celtics isiah made a great comment about that team which is very similar to this years team...everyone thinking they will have a good game instead of thinking the team will have a good game... rose has played great so far but he hasnt gotten anyone involved and looks to score for himself instead... i thought he didnt have to do this as much since hes not playing in Chicago and has more weapons? the defense as a whole just sucks and noah and lee wont solve that unless everyone else buys in...the rotations are terrible and horny needs to cut it to 8-9 guys to gain some consistency... jennings is really not that good hes very inefficient and just dribbles more than actually getting everyone involved...

obviously its only game 4 of the season so theres still a long way to go for this team to improve... it will take time since its like 10 new guys on the team and derrick missed most of training camp...obviously if we dont make the playoffs it will be a failure but we got our pick... too early to tell if we garbage but at least we own our pick if we really are terrible

Last edited:
Courtney Lee says the Knicks should "practice against more game-like situations" rather than practicing against the triangle offense. "We run the triangle, we practice against it a lot. I think we need to practice against pick and rolls, practice against other looks and whatnot and get comfortable with that because that's what other teams are running."

Never really thought of this but it's a great point.

**** the triangle

**** Phil

**** these no defense playing jerks

**** Chicago

Lets beat the ******* bulls

KP to the bench and Holiday starts at the 3. Amelia plays the the 4.

Rose/Jennings
Lee/Baker
Holiday/Kuz/Pookie December
Amelia/Porzingis
Noah/O'Quinn/Billy

Last edited:
Y'all are my guys and I understand as Knick fans we expect the worst and usually are the worst but y'all gotta relax. This team has to build chemistry, there's so many new pieces. We gotta new coach. They haven't had much time together and we don't have a bench. This will take some time. Foam, you're my guy. Relax, it's still early as ****.

That Dekker clip made me feel much better.

Y'all are my guys and I understand as Knick fans we expect the worst and usually are the worst but y'all gotta relax. This team has to build chemistry, there's so many new pieces. We gotta new coach. They haven't had much time together and we don't have a bench. This will take some time. Foam, you're my guy. Relax, it's still early as ****.

That Dekker clip made me feel much better.

I'm just extremely disappointed man. The lack of defense and lame duck rotations are killing me. I could understand struggling trying to gel but the effort isn't there at all and the right players are not getting time on the court. Watching Melo "lead" this team is ******* embarrassing. Watching KP looks absolutely lost against everyone defensively is disheartening. Seeing Sasha and Lance on my TV screen pissss me off to no avail. Everything is awful right now

Last edited:
These rotations are jokes. but Its early and we still have a chance to dig ourselves out this "hole".

I fully expect Wade/Butler/Rondo to playmake circles around us. Exploiting mismatches, running the floor, just overall way more fire than us.

This team looks straight up CONFUSED. on Offense and defense.

Again I'll hold out till about 15-20 games but if we're like 6-12 , then it's completely a wash. Im not a fan of this triangle and I believe the whole concept has been lost on the team.

Lance Thomas has turned into a $27 million disappearing act

By Marc Berman November 2, 2016 | 12:50pm

Lance Thomas is back to being Lance Thomas.

And that’s not a good sign for a thin Knicks bench in need of the 6-foot-8 forward being the defensive dynamo and consistent 3-point spark on offense that surprised the NBA the first three months of last season.

When Pistons coach Stan Van Gundy visited the Garden last season, he gave an unsolicited shout-out to Thomas as arguably the league’s most improved player. Thomas’ big season off the pine started to go awry with a knee sprain in late January. He slumped upon his return and finally went down for the season March 8 with more knee issues.

Thomas re-signed this offseason for four years and $27 million, but the Knicks’ hardest-working player — who has grown close with Carmelo Anthony — has been mediocre in the first three games, including his two-point, 1-for-6 showing Tuesday at The Palace. Van Gundy, the most entertaining coaching interview in the NBA, listed seven players on the Knicks roster, doling out praise, but left out Thomas.

Jeff Hornacek sitting with Mindaugas Kuzminskas at a recent Knicks practice.Photo: Charles Wenzelberg
Coach Jeff Hornacek trusts the classy, mild-mannered Thomas so deeply, he benched 7-foot-3 phenom Kristaps Porzingis for Thomas for the first 8:33 of the fourth quarter for defensive purposes. But the Knicks offense disappeared in the 102-89 defeat.

Thomas’ defense hasn’t been stout enough to cover up his poor offensive start. He’s shooting 33.3 percent, averaging 3.3 points in 20.6 minutes a game. He’s a minus-8 – second-worst on the club — and only has attempted one 3-pointer, which he missed.

Hornacek’s banking on Thomas has led to 27-year-old European rookie Mindaugus Kuzminskas getting the short shrift. Kuzminskas has been very effective on offense in his limited action. He runs the floor terrifically and scored in bunches during the preseason.

Kuzminskas, a DNP the past two games, isn’t considered a gritty-enough defender yet by the coaching staff. But if Thomas continues to play down to his former level as a spare part in New Orleans and Oklahoma City, then Kuzminskas could be the bench lift the 1-2 Knicks need.

Last edited:
The fact that Courtney Lee said we only practice against the triangle and not any type of modern offense is the most hilarious thing ever.

Last edited:
oh yeah, and this is gonna be a LOOOOONG season if we can't get this triangle together. Cause it aint going NOWHERE as long as big chief triangle is here.

I understand there's a growing process, but we have to be baptized by fire. We will continue to lose games like this untell there are FUNDAMENTAL changes in the system.

Just very disappointed in how clueless they look out there. The lack of rhythm is astonishing. Players look like theyre running into eachother. The ISOs are bad. Like what the hell yall do in practice?

Triangle is NOT the problem. Stop using it as a scapegoat. The team will gel better w/ time offensively. The defense needs to & can improve immediately.

The fact that Courtney Lee said we only practice against the triangle and not any type of modern offense is the most hilarious thing ever.
THEY DONT HAVE A DEFENSIVE COACH SO THEY JUST RUN OFFENSIVE DRILLS SO NATURALLY YOUR  GONNA ONLY PRACTICE AGAINST THE TRIANGLE...

WATCHING THESE GAMES GOT ME TIGHT, BILLION DOLLAR ORGANIZATION STARTS THE SEASON WITH NO DEFENSIVE COACH.. 

HOW SWAY??

THEY DONT HAVE A DEFENSIVE COACH SO THEY JUST RUN OFFENSIVE DRILLS SO NATURALLY YOUR  GONNA ONLY PRACTICE AGAINST THE TRIANGLE...

WATCHING THESE GAMES GOT ME TIGHT, BILLION DOLLAR ORGANIZATION STARTS THE SEASON WITH NO DEFENSIVE COACH.. 

HOW SWAY??

I heard Horny wanted Cleveland's defensive coordinator (he used to work for us) but Phil blocked it cause of Rambis.

Back
Top Bottom