Official 2017 Knicks Offseason thread, Phil Jackson gone

Now y'all I'm here speculating. Sounding like the media
Gotta acknowledge the elephant in the room eventually. Melo, Rose and others constantly say they want to run more P and R. Lee says all we do is practice against the Triangle. Sometimes you gotta call it what it is. It isn't helping but fortunately it is still early. But that grace period gets taken for granted often with this team.

why do you keep talking about moving melo? you act like this team has that option but we dont... the ball is in melo court and he said before he will not waive his no trade clause to go somewhere else... hence why he put the no trade clause in his contract to begin with... we have to ride this contract out... and melo isnt the problem... the team as a whole sucks on defense and just looks lost on offense... its everyone really to blame not just melo

Last edited:
CwXAU6XXcAABJUP.jpg:large

Now y'all I'm here speculating. Sounding like the media

This isn't speculation at all really it's an actual fact that Horny has to run the triangle. He's can "modify" it to a certain extent but he doesn't have the power or authority to totally run what he wants to run. He alluded to this on the Michael Kay show

Last edited:
LMAO @ us only defending against the triangle in practice, when we're the only team in the league still running it.

Amazing.

We'd probably be beast on defense if we played ourselves every game tho.

:rofl:

this is so stupid

and thats why the Knicks are doing it :smh:

I'm telling you guys this dude knows he won't even see the ECF ever and just cares about deflecting blame, playing the victim card, and making it look like he tries.

You see so many younger players miles ahead of him and more mature. This dude can barely finish at the rim anymore, and that's been for like 3 seasons now. Regardless of the calls he doesn't get.

You dudes called it, Melo can't play SF anymore. And Kristaps isn't ready to be a full time starting center yet. So basically we have 2 of our 3 best players in redundant positions. And both untradable for different reasons.

Last edited:
Not saying we would've signed him but imagine if we prioritized Nic Batum this summer instead of Noah?

Rose
Lee
Batum
Melo
Porzingis

:x :x

Last edited:
You dudes called it, Melo can't play SF anymore. And Kristaps isn't ready to be a full time starting center yet. So basically we have 2 of our 3 best players in redundant positions. And both untradable for different reasons.

This this and this.

Already feeling like signing Noah was a mistake

We'll go on a win streak and you dudes will say Noah was a great signing

It always happens in this thread

Always!

:lol:

It's only three games with a new team...let's wait it out a bit before we judge

Last edited:
Batum wouldn't have made a difference with this team. KD if he came here wouldn't have made a difference with this team. I'm convinced now it's Phil and his stubborn ways.

No winning streak is going to fix the fact Melo has no foot speed, our only rim protector plays away from the rim and Joakim only plays bench minutes and has been our best facilitator. Gotta make the shift sooner than later.

Can we soften the blow? Sure. The problem is often times the issues end up being season long issues. Its an all too familiar chain of events when it comes to this teams flaws. And the way things playing out already with complaints of what we're running, guys not showing effort, Phil going on tutoring crusades. Its not a good look.

I don't think it's signing Noah that's the mistake. I actually **** with having him around KP. It's that it's difficult to envision Noah, KP, and Melo working out unless the team is really committed.

Another thing to add is as much as we want to run n gun, this roster isn't even built to do that.

Back
Top Bottom