Official 2017 Knicks Offseason thread, Phil Jackson gone

thinking of copping some tickets for the thunder game... prices are pretty decent i guess ill wait until closer to game time to get a better price

Last edited:
Melo is a lifer for sure

Unless he forces himself out, Dolan gonna give him the Kobe deal

Just another Knick great to never win a ring

I don't know about a "Knick" great, at least Ewing had us consistently in the playoffs and we were competitive pretty much his whole time here.

this thread always hilarious after 1 bad loss.
Melo trade talk? the only guy who can score consistently on this team? lol

our defense sucks. thats it.

itll be a long time before we reach .500 :x
we could steal the portland game. theyre pretty much like us, all offense, no defense.

EDIT:
dont disrespect MeloGawd now.
it aint his fault hes been playing with bums

Last edited:
Sooo with our long history all you have to do is be a great scorer for a few years to be an all time knick great?

Last edited:
you guys are really dreaming when thinking of a melo trade... yes it would make sense for the franchise but its melo call because of the no trade clause... he has no desire to leave here like it or not... he either wants to win a chip here or wants to build his brand here either way melo wants to stay and you just have to accept it

Last edited:
Sooo with our long history all you have to do is be a great scorer for a few years to be an all time knick great?
I mean, Melo is a better all around player I think then Bernard King ever was by just a little bit and he's widely considered a Knick great even though he only played 4 years with the team sooooooo yeah 

My thing is how can you be considered an all time knick great when you're not a winner. You're not even 500. You have 1 playoff series win and we forgot what the playoffs even look like. That's not a great to me and wouldn't hang his jersey in the rafters. What has he done for the NY Knicks? He was supposed to be a great recruiter for big names, didn't happen, he was supposed to lead us deep into the playoffs, didn't happen. He forced us to gut a team. I mean what has he done for us?

Last edited:
My thing is how can you be considered an all time knick great when you're not a winner. You're not even 500. You have 1 playoff series win and we forgot what the playoffs even look like. That's not a great to me and wouldn't hang his jersey in the rafters. What has he done for the NY Knicks? He was supposed to be a great recruiter for big names, didn't happen, he was supposed to lead us deep into the playoffs, didn't happen. He forced us to gut a team. I mean what has he done for us?
Averaging 25 on 45% 7 rebounds and 3 assists as a Knick

I don't know what much more you want from him

He's not the one hiring bad coaches, signing bad players, being a trash PG, missing all the open shots he's given teammates, playing all of the bad D. It's not a team of Melos.

Carmelo stays recruiting but he can't help it if players don't wanna come here because the franchise is dysfunctional 

Melo is a Knick great lets stop it.

Warriors are smart enough to keep Klay

Especially on a Melo trade

That's just nonsense lol

And Melo is one of my fav players

This is why the Knicks suck right now

We should have won against the wizards

Made it 3 wins in a row

But for some me weird reason the Knicks don't take advantage against subpar teams

1 - What has he done for the NY Knicks? He was supposed to be a great recruiter for big names, didn't happen,
2 - he was supposed to lead us deep into the playoffs, didn't happen.
3 - He forced us to gut a team.
4 - I mean what has he done for us?

1 - yup. his role as a recruiter was clearly defined AND emphasized. his fault big names dont wanna play in NY. who wouldnt wanna play here, where we got a kazoo playing owner?

2 - 2010/11 - yup. his fault Stat / Chauncey got hurt in Round 1 vs Boston. he shouldve EASILY lead a team of Fields, Toney Douglas, Shawne Williams, Turiaf, Roger Mason, AC, Billy Walker past KG, Pierce, Ray, Rondo. thats lightwork.
- 2011/12 - his fault we lost to the eventual champions, the Miami Heat. not like they did anything special. lebron who?
- 2012/13 - his fault JR was immature & the Pacers got away with fouls for being a reputable 'defensive team'
- 2013 - 2016 - his fault the teams were in the lottery

3 - word. the Knicks front office had absolutely NO choice

4 -
View media item 2233878

But for some me weird reason the Knicks don't take advantage against subpar teams

we have a knack for players coming back from injury to play us in their 1st game back.
Hayward - 28pts
Beal -16pts

+ Wizards just lost to Philly the night before. they might suck, but theyre still a professional team with John Wall. no way they were going to look past us @ home

should we have come out on top on winnable games? yes.
but our defense sucks. & our offense is subpar. thats it.

Before y'all continue to hate just think for once who has Melo had in his career not just as a knick as a great teamate? He had Chauncey who was in the finals years of his prime and same thing with Iverson back in Denver. No he can't carry his team like Iverson, Dirk or even Lebron to take his team to the finals. Melo is not that type of player because he is a scorer. But please put a legit #2 option with him before passing judgment. And rose is damaged goods so it's still to early to tell with him and KP is a second year player. And Ewing is an all time great who carried his team with nobodies. I love melo but he's not on Ewing's level

Last edited:
That's what I'm saying Melo is the type of player that needs at least 2 other All stars on his team to succeed If he would've been on the Celtics team instead of Paul Pierce with KG and Ray Allen, that's more of a situation he needs to be in.

Cats on this what has Melo done for us like he was the proclaimed best player in the world and came here and aint did **** :lol:

This heel turn on Melo aint surprising. He's another year older on a bum *** squad. Couple years he'll be gone, we'll still be lousy, and then dudes will begin to start picking a part KP.

My thing is how can you be considered an all time knick great when you're not a winner.
If thats really how it is the only Knick greats are on the championship team.

That's it.

Last edited:
The thing I like least about Melo is that he slows the game down. You got ppl who can thrive on the fast break like Rose, Jennings, KP but when he gets the ball first instead of pushing the ball he'll turn it into a half court possession.

I mean, Melo is a better all around player I think then Bernard King ever was by just a little bit and he's widely considered a Knick great even though he only played 4 years with the team sooooooo yeah 
I'm gonna disagree because in addition to a wet jumper and post moves B'nard was able to score in transition. I don't think either has any tangibles outside of scoring that would be considered great.

You think Melo is down?

:lol: You think GSW is down?
Man, y'all just not getting it. In GS, Klay is the odd man out with the pieces they have now. They have a gaping hole (paws) at the center spot, so it would make sense for them to consider options. Even in last year's finals (can't remember if and when Bogut got injured), they were losing on the boards and paint defense. So, you get a third team involved, with a big man to send to GS.

And it's not like I'm bagging on Melo, but his best chances of winning a 'chip while still at the tail end of his prime is elsewhere. I get it, if you ship off Melo, without anyone in return, you lose someone who can carry the offense when KP struggles. He's getting to the point of being the man, but not there yet. Klay would be an ideal running mate with KP, much better than Melo, who seems to be scared of getting lost in the offense so when he gets the ball it's chuck time.

I look at this team, and imagine the possibilities of a different 1-2 punch with more cohesion. Midas well try to trade Melo while he still has value.

But I seriously doubt he'll consent to any such noise, so I'm just talking for the sake of being heard.

Edit:

Anyone know how to embed Insta videos.

I guess this is the Washington broadcast, and these bums just went silent after the ball got turned over :x :lol:.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom