Official 2017 Knicks Offseason thread, Phil Jackson gone

Wolves Interested In Trading For Frontcourt Player

Dec 13, 2016 8:50 PM

Thibodeau_Tom_chi_130731.jpg

The Minnesota Timberwolves are "looking to trade for a frontcourt player," according to Brian Windhorst.

The Wolves added Cole Aldrich and Jordan Hill in the offseason but both have played relatively limited minutes. Minnesota also has Nemanja Bjelica and Adreian Payne on their depth chart at the big positions.

Tom Thibodeau has been committed to playing Karl-Anthony Towns in two-big lineups.

The Wolves have a 6-14 record entering their game on Tuesday against the Bulls.

I had walked away for like a minute when I thought we won.

Came back to see us in OT. I knew we were gonna lose.

Not really expecting blowouts, since they're still meshing.

Remember last year we were 1 of the teams to give GSW 1 of the 10 L's

Did that mean we were champs???? YES

Not phased we lossed to phx, but damn I don't ever want Melo shooting an airball IDC how many go aheads he had

Last edited:
^ what you talking bout bro. We lost by 20 one game to them then 40 the other :lol:

woke up this morning and this loss sucks even more. Playing down to teams in absolutely loser mentality. Coming back to take the lead, go up 6, then relinquish everything in 3 possesions is trash. Silly silly turnovers is trash. And I consider those Melo Isos, dribble left, chandler comes to help contest, pull up fadeaway bricks as turnovers as well. We got work to do.

Last edited:
Rose is such an important part of this team man. We need him bad and this back spasm situation is a issue. Let him sit for a week or so until the tightness is completely gone

Damn man after seeing all the shenanigans that took place last night I really wish we wouldve got that game. Extremely had to win without Rose and Melo not having a good game. KOQ killed by looking at the box score.

Those screens from Melo
nthat.gif

Had to go back to one of the older threads the other day for lulz when Zingas was drafted tho. Dude is straight freak, relish this time Knick fans.

Did Hernangomez really not play at all?

Didn't watch the game and just peeped the box score. All this talk ab Rose going out early which would imply more BJ, and he and Billy have the telepathic connection on pick and rolls at times. You'd expect to see him in.

He proved a lot of us wrong gladly. Including myself.
Looking at Mudiay I was just thinking of a stronger BJ with the euro experience and all. Wasn't anything great, don't know why everyone was hyping him so hard.

KP is like an agile AF Dirk.

For me it was either KP or Mario Hezonja.

Melo's last 10 games: FG: 34.5% 3p: 28.8% on 18.9 attempts per game.

:x

As every game passes by, KP keeps getting better and better. While Melo's game regresses further and further from what it was. I think Melo can still provide a positive contribution and impact to the team, but it has to be in a more controlled and defined role. We'd have to play him as if he was on a championship contending team. If Melo were to be in one, he wouldn't have the ball for the majority of the possession nor would he take so many shots or asked to do as much.

The offense needs to run through KP and we need to find ways to get Melo the ball for easy scoring opportunities. Because when he tries to create offense for himself, the shots just don't fall. When this happens, our fate at the end of games are VERY predictable.

Melo needs to take a hard look at himself and his game and do the right thing. Let the kid shine and give him the keys. It's his time. Besides, he'd be doing his body a great service by taking a step back. His game will age well.

Right now, KP is playing purely off of raw talent. It's scary to see just how good he can be when he really learns how to play the game and uses his body to his advantage. Last night showed me a different side to KP. I saw a kid with fire and passion for the game. A kid not afraid to stand up for himself and willing to get into the face of anyone who gets in his. These were the reservations I've had of him since the last year, up until last night.

He has it all. He can be a top 3 player in this league. We need to start focusing more on KP. I'm sold.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom