Official 2017 Knicks Offseason thread, Phil Jackson gone

The front office has the right idea of getting young guys to grow together, but they're doing it the wrong way.

Can we afford Jonathan Simmons with Melo and Lee gone?

The front office has the right idea of getting young guys to grow together, but they're doing it the wrong way.

Can we afford Jonathan Simmons with Melo and Lee gone?
Probably but dude isn't young at all so I don't want him

Much rather get Alan Williams away from Phoenix. He would definitely be cheaper than Simmons too

We go as far as KP takes us. Adding Frank automatically makes us better defensively. Plus having that ball stopping SF gone helps too.

We're not bad enough for a top 3 pick though.

Last edited:
We got Timmy so I'm assuming playoffs. We only have the mid level to offer rondo hopefully he takes it. If rondo comes here and we get rid of Lee I like the team even with melo. Like I said I see no point in letting him go. We got finessed by trading for him and let him go for peanuts nah famb that's weak

Last edited:
Still can't believe that ridiculous contract THJR got.

I was listening to espn radio earlier and someone called in and said being a Knicks fan is like trying to get back together with that ex over and over again hoping things will be different next time around. [emoji]128514[/emoji]

cleanthony-early-tim-hardaway-and-shane-larkin-of-the-new-york-knicks-picture-id456021870

THE REAL BIG 3

Some of y'all really don't understand how the NBA works and just write on here based on emotion and ignorance. I'm not sure if 70% of dudes on here even watch games, and not just check box scores.

Our fan base has a lower sense of direction than our FO.

Dudes really out here hoping we get 35 wins and draft a role player.

We've had 1 top 5 pick in the last 30 years and he has the potential to be the cornerstone of our franchise. What's so hard about understanding that we need to do that a few more times? Or at the bare minimum at least 1 more.

Last edited:
Maybe this franchise is content with always gunning for the 8th seed because our fan base seems to be ok with it every offseason.

Last edited:
I don't think our owner would sign off on a full tank. GMs usually get all the blame but there is still a voice above them.

Last edited:
I look at the teams that are currently competitive and don't see any that got there tanking. The best team in the history of the league, record wise, had one effing lottery pick. LA, Charlotte and Philly have done it and they are still competing against the Knicks for the next lottery pick :lol: I think we'll lose just fine without trying :rofl:

how are we tanking when we just paid hardaway a lot of money? tanking would of been to just keep the cap space and not sign anyone

I look at the teams that are currently competitive and don't see any that got there tanking. The best team in the history of the league, record wise, had one effing lottery pick. LA, Charlotte and Philly have done it and they are still competing against the Knicks for the next lottery pick :lol: I think we'll lose just fine without trying :rofl:

Idk how current you mean, but the Thunder were bad for consecutive seasons and it got them Durant, Westbrook and Harden. And do you mean Warriors only had one lottery pick? Weren't Harrison Barnes n Klay Thompson also lottery picks? So I'd say it's possible. But you gotta hit on your draft picks.

Look at other teams that are in the lottery every year and draft busts or rotation players. Warriors and Thunder are outliers. Just look at this....

Thunder 2007: Durant
Thunder 2008: Westbrook
Thunder 2009: Harden

Warriors 2009: Curry
Warriors 2010: Ekpe Udoh (bust)
Warriors 2011: Klay Thompson
Warriors 2012: Harrison Barnes, Draymond Green

We're gonna be in the lottery for 3 more years. We just need to hit on those lottery picks.

Last edited:
^

Green was drafted in the second round

I get your point

The problem is that Knicks players aren't going to tank at all :lol:

We have talented players

EDIT: Our biggest issue for rebuilding mode is that we aren't that great in developing players

Last edited:
we should get a top 5-6 pick this year... i dont see us being better than last year without a starting pg... handing the keys to frank gives us 25 maybe 30 wins if we are lucky.... so currently we are in good shape for the tank

Idk how current you mean, but the Thunder were bad for consecutive seasons and it got them Durant, Westbrook and Harden. And do you mean Warriors only had one lottery pick? Weren't Harrison Barnes n Klay Thompson also lottery picks? So I'd say it's possible. But you gotta hit on your draft picks.
I thought Klay was outside the top ten but I could be wrong. Harrison was so good for GS I forgot about him after 1 season but they did a great job with player development. OKC def benefited from their lottery picks and enjoyed success and appear to be the exception to the rule compared to the other teams I named. I'm not hating on lottery picks but to base your season on next years draft is just ****** basketball. Chemistry is so underrated these days. Like I always say, meh :lol:

Back
Top Bottom