Official 2017 Knicks Offseason thread, Phil Jackson gone

If its happening just rip the band-aid off already 
mean.gif

"The Knicks' acquisition of Hardaway Jr., to the staggering deal is expected to trigger a renewed willingness to work with the Houston Rockets on trade scenarios to unload Carmelo Anthony, league sources told ESPN."
Expected to trigger lol.  Until some actual facts are dropped, this is all getting filed under BS.

They been saying this same thing for a month.  "Carmelo is reportedly willing to lift his no-trade clause."

Yeah, well they need to go ahead and prove it.  Tired of hearing all the "speculation"

Last edited:
NYK still wants to deal Melo. They don't imagine a scenario where Hardaway Jr. is sharing the floor w/Melo to start the season, per @wojespn
:rofl: Did Tim have a MVP season last year I missed?

I hate to see Melo go but it has to happen for us to move forward
Move forward where? To what?

I don't see how a **** deal for Melo helps us even if we're just rebuilding. Rather have dude play out his contract or actively try to deal him when he has 1 year left.

Melo will be great in Houston too. He gets to be a strong 2nd/3rd option and with D'antoni time heals all wounds.
After their first losing streak that ball stopping black hole talk will return.

I don't see Melo resigning there. Especially after they lose early in the playoffs again.

Melo will be great in Houston too. He gets to be a strong 2nd/3rd option and with D'antoni time heals all wounds.

I'll be rooting for Houston if Melo is dealt. A Melo and Dantoni championship would be would make me feel good
:x :stoneface:

^ Having Melo on the roster puts us at 33-35 wins which is good enough for the ~9th pick.

Trading him allows us to fully bottom out & add someone like Luka Doncic or Michael Porter.

Nah with Melo and KP taking the next step and management that actually cares about winning no reason we're not a playoff team. Although I'm still not crazy about hornacek

We're not making the playoffs. I've fallen for that one too many times to fall for it again.
After last season, I'll forever hold my tongue on playoff berth predictions.

Kidd, Wallace & Thomas ain't walking through that door.

We're not making the playoffs. I've fallen for that one too many times to fall for it again.
Probably not but it's because of coaching/management not lack of talent
I mean taking that out the equation we'd be a 7th or 8th seed, maybe 6th at best and lose in the 1st round anyway.

Doesn't really help us in the long run other than some playoff experience for KP.

I'd rather this team make 6-8th seed and actually look like a respectable team that a star would want to come play for, than be trash on purpose and intentionally tank. You don't go from trash to contender immediately, so I don't know why it has to be all or nothing. No playoffs in 4 years! How about we get out of that hole and build from there with all the young cats. KP cannot keep playing meaningless seasons. By the time we actually get to the playoffs in this "theoretical future" where we tank repeatedly and build in the draft, we could find out he's a total choke artist and can't handle the pressure. I want him to get experience now.

So how long all y'all plan on "tanking" for? Until we draft the next MJ or Bron? I'd rather watch a playoff team than wait 5 years for the same damn convos about tanking over and over again and then die. Let me watch my squad in the playoffs and build from there, by making smart moves. If we didn't have KP then **** it, sign some dudes from the YMCA for all I care. But we have a guy that can be someone. Let's not waste his time or our potential star is gonna dip out on us and we're back to nothing...again.

Porzingis, Ntilikina, Hernangomez, & THJr are all under 25.

Add someone like Doncic or Porter to that group; then we can start talking about playoffs.

ill take 45 wins and make the playoffs... feels like this team been trash since kidd left which was a minute ago... and how do you know tanking will work? you still have to draft right even if you get a good pick...i will be sick if dennis smith wins rookie of the year while we passed on him... and if this team does tank how do you know KP will stay here as a free agent and not walk like monroe left detroit after his rookie contract

You don't have to wait to draft a Lebron or MJ to be a contender.

So y'all wanna win 45 games a year and be bounced every time like the raptors, Clippers, grizzlies, and 10
other teams. Bunch of pretenders that'll be stuck in mediocracy forever.

I'd rather this team make 6-8th seed and actually look like a respectable team that a star would want to come play for, than be trash on purpose and intentionally tank. You don't go from trash to contender immediately, so I don't know why it has to be all or nothing. No playoffs in 4 years! How about we get out of that hole and build from there with all the young cats. KP cannot keep playing meaningless seasons. By the time we actually get to the playoffs in this "theoretical future" where we tank repeatedly and build in the draft, we could find out he's a total choke artist and can't handle the pressure. I want him to get experience now.
What 6th-8th teams are star players going to so they can win and not just get paid? :nerd:

Back
Top Bottom