Official 2017 Knicks Offseason thread, Phil Jackson gone

So how long all y'all plan on "tanking" for? Until we draft the next MJ or Bron? I'd rather watch a playoff team than wait 5 years for the same damn convos about tanking over and over again and then die. Let me watch my squad in the playoffs and build from there, by making smart moves. If we didn't have KP then **** it, sign some dudes from the YMCA for all I care. But we have a guy that can be someone. Let's not waste his time or our potential star is gonna dip out on us and we're back to nothing...again.
just next season is fine 

^

I suppose Mills will take over the team president job

If they hire Griffin, it means Griffin supports the idea of 25 and younger team

Evan Fournier averaged 15pts 3rbs 3asts on 46/40/84 in 33 min and got a 5 year 85 mill contract from the Magic last year.

THJ averaged 15pts 3rbs 2asts on 46/36/77 in 27 min and got a 4 year 71 mill contract.

Everything i'm reading from ATL fans shows that they wanted to match and liked him. Thats a good sign.

Evan Fournier averaged 15pts 3rbs 3asts on 46/40/84 in 33 min and got a 5 year 85 mill contract from the Magic last year.

THJ averaged 15pts 3rbs 2asts on 46/36/77 in 27 min and got a 4 year 71 mill contract.

Everything i'm reading from ATL fans shows that they wanted to match and liked him. Thats a good sign.

Tryna tell ppl that it ain't bad signing.

Fultz sprained his ankle yesterday, why isn't anyone clowning the Sixers or overreacting like they did w/ us and Frank?

Why would u want to win 45 games with Melo? And then what?

Y'all stay thinking short term.
build with the young guys we got and attract actual FA 
grin.gif

I mean taking that out the equation we'd be a 7th or 8th seed, maybe 6th at best and lose in the 1st round anyway.

Doesn't really help us in the long run other than some playoff experience for KP.
Playoff experience for KP is valuable. He balls out in the playoffs other players are gonna wanna play with him. That's how you build a good team not hoping and praying and playing fake gm every off-season.

U guys like the news and transactions more than u like the actual games lol

Meh. Some of the greatest players didnt have playoff experience for years.

KP will be fine without any playoff experience for another couple of years.

Last edited:
We've been trash for years, a strong percentage of our trashy ways comes from taking shortcuts in an attempt to remain competitive. Why not acquire cheap young talents that we can manage?

Ex-Cavs GM David Griffin has pulled his name out of the Knicks' GM and president search after he couldn't come to agreement on the right role with the franchise, a source told The Undefeated.

Back
Top Bottom