Official 2017 Knicks Offseason thread, Phil Jackson gone

I want Melo to be a Knick the rest of career but if he leaves I wouldn't give a damn what happens to him :lol:

Its sad cuz melo has been the only superstar to give the Knicks a chance and now after all then fumbles from upper management he won't get what he wanted which was a chip in NYC

Give me two first rounders four years from now and two right to swaps. I'll even take back andersons contract and whatever other garbage they have to u load if they give those picks.

Melo has low value, we will not be getting anyone significant for him. We also won't be winning anything with or without him. I mean if you guys want Melo to play the gatekeeper/mentor role for the rest of his career, then cool. I'd like to see him contend, he deserves it after sticking with this franchise :lol:

I'd rather have Melo retire a Knick or go to the Cavs. If he leaves, I want him to win a ring. I don't think Houston can beat the Warriors.

And you don't seem to understand that you've been a hater so I could care less about your opinion [emoji]128514[/emoji]
I'd rather be a hater than the last delusional fan left.

You truly believe Melo is a superstar sent from on high who sacrificed to save the Knicks but was undone by all the evil people around him 
laugh.gif

Contrary to @100027's sources that no one wants Melo

The Cavs are still pursuing him even though Houston is his referred destination 
No one "Really" wants him.  As in no one wants to give up anything real for him.  Despite him being a star and all, you know.

Last edited:
real talk tho. if melo gets traded is he considered one of the greatest knicks ?
Changed my mind

My Knicks top 5 would be 

1. Ewing

2. Fraizer

3. Reed

4 & 5 are interchangeable to me between Melo & King

Last edited:
No point in holding onto to Melo if we don't plan on winning games. If he wants to go let him go and it's better to get something than nothing at all.

I'd love to see Melo retire a Knick and win a chip here with a competent roster around him, where he can slide into the 2nd/3rd best player role and flourish for years but I think Phil may have poisoned his relationship with the franchise beyond repair.

Kentavious Caldwell-Pope Agrees To One-Year, $18M Deal With Lakers

JUL 12, 2017 12:42 AM

Caldwellpope_Kentavious_det_141122.jpg

Kentavious Caldwell-Pope has agreed to sign a one-year, $18 million deal with the Los Angeles Lakers.

Caldwell-Pope averaged 13.8 points and 3.3 rebounds for the Detroit Pistons last season.

The Pistons rescinded their qualifying offer to Caldwell-Pope last week, making him an unrestricted free agent.

Caldwell-Pope is represented by Rich Paul, who also represents LeBron James and John Wall.
"We signed Tim to $71/4years? Why when we couldve signed KCP to around $45/4years ? "
nerd.gif

Last edited:
He has 2 years left is it that serious to trade him for some contracts we don't need like Ryan Anderson? It's bad enough we overpaid for Noah. And if Paul Pierce and KG can get some first rounders why not melo?

IF we trade Melo to HOU for Ryan Anderson, Ariza & picks, maybe we can just keep the picks and flip the players from Houston for more younger talent or picks.

Back
Top Bottom