Official 2017 Knicks Offseason thread, Phil Jackson gone

He's not really a strength type though. Who is nowadays anyways.

Sports nowadays has gotten away from the basics. Instead of is this kid any good and can we make him better. It's how long are his fingers, how many resistance bands does he use, what's his thigh to calf ratio etc etc. KD was a scoring monster but teams were like nah I'm worried about his bench press. *****. Meanwhile Greg Oden, Olawakandi,Darko and many others: His body is Mature for his age, he's strong and has a long wingspan, we can develop him. If you can play you can play F all that extra ****.

Look at these signings once Phil is fired :lol: :stoneface:

What's crazy is Dolan owns both the Rangers and Knicks but the Rangers are actually good. It makes no sense lmao
Wayne Gretzy didn't get done dirty by the time Dolan owned the team so there's no Gretzy curse.

It's as if Phil leaving didn't change a thing :lol:
That's why I never got dudes focusing on how "toxic" the situation was. Its like it was the first bad manager for the Knicks to them.

As far as I see it these deals are worse than what Phil did.

Ron Baker and THJR? Might as well just say we're going back to the Duhon era.

Last edited:
what team in the league was paying baker 9 mill?

yall rather pay baker 9 mill and not pay holiday the same amount?

knicks franchise is nutty

Last edited:
Guys..I've been patient..so..so..so damn patient with my team after so much losing..saw a ray of light at the end of the tunnel when heard Melo was coming on..we gutted our depth to get him when we coulda had him for free..Stat got hurt ends up leaving..saw more hope when Phil got on board..destroyed the team with horrible decisions (triangle?) and alienates players/coaches notably Melo..saw another chance at glory with the unicorn! Phil fires his trainer and theatened to trade him away now he's most likely gone after his contract..saw YET ANOTHER ray of light when Phil left along with his triangle and heard David Griffin might be our GM, thought maybe Dolan came to his senses and was ready to change management..knicks deny Griffin his staff and final say in managements decision, Griffin walks..Now we have signed THJ to a bad deal and players have very little to NO interests in coming here..its time to accept the reality..the Knicks aren't going anywhere but down and when they reach the bottom they'll SOMEHOW find a way to do deeper..Dolan is the enemy..boycott the Garden..I have lost hope guys..I'm tired [emoji]128550[/emoji]

Last edited:
Legit completely forgot about that. They gave Baker that Hamilton contract :x :smh:

Baker woulda signed for 5 mill/2 yrs easily.

Last edited:
Maybe he had other suitors? Y'all have to give some benefit of the doubt. You forget that we aren't in every conversation, agent negotiation, etc. I think y'all forget that sometimes. I'm not saying giving Burgundy 2 years and 9mil was a good move, but we're obviously not NBA front office personnel, so I'd like to think those guys know a bit more than we do.

Our current guard rotation is Ron Baker, Frank Ntilikina, Courtney Lee, Tim Hardaway, & Xavier Rathan-Mayes.

Gotta be the worst in the league

Maybe he had other suitors? Y'all have to give some benefit of the doubt. You forget that we aren't in every conversation, agent negotiation, etc. I think y'all forget that sometimes. I'm not saying giving Burgundy 2 years and 9mil was a good move, but we're obviously not NBA front office personnel, so I'd like to think those guys know a bit more than we do.
u seriosly think that? think about it...I don't think I'm the only one that agrees they would rather have a casual Knicks fan running things than those clowns

u seriosly think that? think about it...I don't think I'm the only one that agrees they would rather have a casual Knicks fan running things than those clowns

The problem is that you guys think it's THAT easy. First, who knows if anyone even wants to play for us. Maybe we had to offer THJR that contract, bc no one of his caliber wants to play here. The FA crop isn't that good to begin with. Everyone is jumping on super teams. Who really wants to play here? Some of y'all think that guys are begging to play in the blue and orange uniform. Again, soooo many things that we don't know go on. All we see is the players name and contract. There's more to it, but some of y'all don't realize it. I'm not saying these moves have been great, but there is a reason behind everything. And no, I wouldn't rather have a casual fan be our GM. This isn't 2k, but I think some of y'all think it is. Y'all are trippin over Baker's deal, when it's only 4% of our cap. Again, we COULD have given it to Holiday or someone else, but does anyone wanna play here?

The problem is that you guys think it's THAT easy. First, who knows if anyone even wants to play for us. Maybe we had to offer THJR that contract, bc no one of his caliber wants to play here. The FA crop isn't that good to begin with. Everyone is jumping on super teams. Who really wants to play here? Some of y'all think that guys are begging to play in the blue and orange uniform. Again, soooo many things that we don't know go on. All we see is the players name and contract. There's more to it, but some of y'all don't realize it. I'm not saying these moves have been great, but there is a reason behind everything. And no, I wouldn't rather have a casual fan be our GM. This isn't 2k, but I think some of y'all think it is. Y'all are trippin over Baker's deal, when it's only 4% of our cap. Again, we COULD have given it to Holiday or someone else, but does anyone wanna play here?
I'm having a hard time figuring out WHY you're defending Knicks front office. Take a look at how bad they've handled this team for the last 18 yrs. compared to everyone else and then reconsider your thoughts. But the whole point of u saying nobody wants to play here is the reason I would rather have a casual Knicks fan running things. Because the problem is MANAGEMENT, not the city, not the team, not the money MANAGEMENT. Starting with Dolan.

i've been an elite nba 2k gm for yrs now 
Lol u get what I mean, ANY management right now would be better than Dolans management. Don't sleep on us 2K GMs
roll.gif

that game is DEEEP so we could learn a few things at lest the basics.

I'm having a hard time figuring out WHY you're defending Knicks front office. Take a look at how bad they've handled this team for the last 18 yrs. compared to everyone else and then reconsider your thoughts. But the whole point of u saying nobody wants to play here is the reason I would rather have a casual Knicks fan running things. Because the problem is MANAGEMENT, not the city, not the team, not the money MANAGEMENT. Starting with Dolan.

Casual fan as GM = more free agent signings [emoji]129300[/emoji] makes sense. You sound like one of those guys that doesn't trust a doctor's diagnosis. You realize that regardless of how bad our FO is, they're more qualified than anyone on here, right? You're missing the point, bc you're looking at this in black and white. Our FO might be inept, but ask yourself why Tim got that contract. UNBIASED. These rumors that ATL was only gonna match up to 55mil or whatever could be false. They might have been willing to match even more. Who really knows? Maybe NO ONE wants to play here, so we have to pay. Maybe our scouting sees a lot more potential in Tim than we do. Yeah, I think he got overpaid a bit too, but look at everyone else. Demare Carrol makes 15 mil a year and he's a scrub. Tim is gonna make 2 mil more per year. Mahimi is on a similar contract and barely played. Evan Turner, similar contract, basura. ******* Noah, same contract. You're acting like he's getting paid an absurd amount of money, when he's probably the only one in that salary range that actually comes close to earning that money. You make it seem like Mills pulled a name and salary figure out of a hat and said **** it.

Casual fan as GM = more free agent signings [emoji]129300[/emoji] makes sense. You sound like one of those guys that doesn't trust a doctor's diagnosis. You realize that regardless of how bad our FO is, they're more qualified than anyone on here, right? You're missing the point, bc you're looking at this in black and white. Our FO might be inept, but ask yourself why Tim got that contract. UNBIASED. These rumors that ATL was only gonna match up to 55mil or whatever could be false. They might have been willing to match even more. Who really knows? Maybe NO ONE wants to play here, so we have to pay. Maybe our scouting sees a lot more potential in Tim than we do. Yeah, I think he got overpaid a bit too, but look at everyone else. Demare Carrol makes 15 mil a year and he's a scrub. Tim is gonna make 2 mil more per year. Mahimi is on a similar contract and barely played. Evan Turner, similar contract, basura. ******* Noah, same contract. You're acting like he's getting paid an absurd amount of money, when he's probably the only one in that salary range that actually comes close to earning that money. You make it seem like Mills pulled a name and salary figure out of a hat and said **** it.
I think its fair to say NO ONE here really trusts the Knicks. so yes if the Knicks are the Dr. I don't trust that diagnosis. And you're solely focusing on the THJ signing like everything else has been awesome lol thats not the problem its part of the problem. He was overpaid plain and simple, but even if he wasn't my point still stands management is TOXIC. their only good decision as been Porzingis and the way things are going lately he might not be here much longer. But  like I said my point is the Knicks are incompetent they take one step forward and 3 steps backwards, they can't do anything right they're probably the most dysfunctional franchise in american pro sports. Its hilarious how u defend the front office wow...LOL

The NBA in general is in serious trouble. Between these contracts for mediocre players, terrible gms flooding the league, and super teams, the league is dying and will be in serious trouble in a few years. 5 games a year are legitimately worth watching.

I disagree. In terms of popularity, the league is at the highest its ever been. Plus with the shift of all stars teaming up in the West, the games are much more watchable now. The parity between both conferences will forever be there though.

There were dumb GMs for decades now. In terms of big contracts being thrown, gotta account for inflation and more financial aspects of it as well. Cant see there being a lockout anytime soon.

Last edited:
I think its fair to say NO ONE here really trusts the Knicks. so yes if the Knicks are the Dr. I don't trust that diagnosis. And you're solely focusing on the THJ signing like everything else has been awesome lol thats not the problem its part of the problem. He was overpaid plain and simple, but even if he wasn't my point still stands management is TOXIC. their only good decision as been Porzingis and the way things are going lately he might not be here much longer. But  like I said my point is the Knicks are incompetent they take one step forward and 3 steps backwards, they can't do anything right they're probably the most dysfunctional franchise in american pro sports. Its hilarious how u defend the front office wow...LOL

You seem to not read well, bc nowhere did I say our FO was going a good job. I'm merely pointing that not any Tom, ****, or Harry can run an NBA team. However, casual fans like yourself like to think otherwise. People have their OWN jobs, regardless of how well they do it. A mechanic doesn't know how to perform open heart surgery and a mailman isn't a stock broker. You are not a NBA GM, so don't act as if you know better, when you only know what the press releases. You don't have a clue about contract negotiations or anything behind the curtains. Neither do I, but at least I don't assume I do. These people are qualified for a reason, regardless of whether you agree or not.

Back
Top Bottom