Official 2017 Knicks Offseason thread, Phil Jackson gone

Y'all can't be pleased. Here's to another five years of lottery picks and seeing KP leave in free agency to join the warriors or lakers.

Here's to mediocrity at best

giphy.gif

Regardless we're not getting Kyrie. Either the package was way too much to give up or Melo is strictly set on the Rockets. Most likely the latter.

Yea Kyrie at the 2 would be much better. Similar to how AI was in his career. But that can only happen if we keep Frank at the 1.

That's the thing though.. Kyrie doesn't really create for people. If he did, this trade would be a no-brainer.

If this were the case nobody would have a problem. Be real you know Kyrie trying to get his.

My point exactly. Dude wants to be the star. That's why he wants out of Cleveland. You think he wants to leave to average 10apg? Y'all are wild. He wants out, bc he wants to take more shots. No one leaves a team that's a Finals lock, because they want to pass more. Also, some of y'all don't read well. Who said TT was better than KP? Effectiveness does not equal being a superior player.

So what's next?

One day it's tank
Keep our picks
Next it's DSJR is gonna be a star
The day after it's "his knees won't hold"
Trade Melo
Let Melo play out the season
Trade everyone for Kyrie
**** draft picks

I swear people watch one segment on ESPN and act like they're an expert and can predict the future. "You're not drafting anyone better than Kyrie". Knick mentality at its finest: trade picks, the whole house, and the dog for any all star that mentions the Knicks.

How about being patient and building a team? It's always panic panic panic now now now

Every season the Knicks need to try to get every player who's interested in them no matter how they fit or what it takes to get them because they must be a tiny bit better now now now

2-3 seasons of lottery picks would actually be really good for the team.

How about being patient and building a team? It's always panic panic panic now now now

Every season the Knicks need to try to get every player who's interested in them no matter how they fit or what it takes to get them because they must be a tiny bit better now now now

Co-sign. If we so happen to win games with Frank, THJR, KP, and Willy then cool. If not, at least we have our picks to build on those 4 guys. Some have mentioned that they can see Frank being a Giannis type. I would much prefer that than Kyrie tbh.

I can understand both sides of the argument. Getting Kyrie speeds up the rebuilding process and at the same time might cause you to skip a step or two.
You would be harder pressed to field a competitive team faster, probably leading to hurried player signings. Kyrie is also somewhat one dimensional.

On the other hand, you have a 25 year old certified offensive force. Still managed to average 6 assists a game as a secondary playmaker and still has some room for improvement. Hornacek has experienced dealing with PGs so there's a possibility he can find a way to utilize Kyrie effectively even with his shortcomings.

It just baffles me to sit here and think about how the Melo trade played itself out over 7 years and yet after non stop ripping of that very trade people are eager as hell to make that exact type of trade again :lol:

Personally after sleeping on it I would just stand pat and let the young guys already here just play the season out and get the highest pick possible. A Kyrie/KP combo has a lot of potential, it would be a pick and roll nightmare but I'm not feeling too convinced at the moment it'll get you beyond a low level seed and short playoff run.

Do you know who was on the Cavs roster during those years? There was a reason they got Kyrie at number 1. The core of KP, Kyrie and THjr would theoretically already be light years ahead of any of those teams. Wtf was Kyrie supposed to get out of Jamario Moon, Anthony Parker and Daniel Gibson?

the same thing or at least soemthing similar to what A.I got out of eric snow,theo ratliff,matt geiger, tyrone hill, george lynch, aaron mckie. Stop making excuses for kyrie. he had the keys for 3 years and couldnt even win 30 games....STOP IT.

Nobody wants to trade Frank KP WHG and picks for Kyrie, no one in this thread has proposed a Melo type trade.

RT

Stop. Kyrie was young AF. Same reason why Love on the Twolves couldnt do ****, KAT on the twolves, Wiggins, Cousins, the list goes on. It takes a TEAM to win. There's only so much 1 player surrounded by bums can do.

A.I wasnt young in 2001? Tmac wasnt young with the magic? Vince carter wasnt young in toronto? Lebron wasnt young in 2005? Carmelo wasnt young in 2004? STOP MAKING EXCUSES FOR KYRIE. He just isnt that good of a player,he is a glorified drew league player. He isnt going to make anybody better.

There's been a few people in this thread who've said they'd give up Frank and/or 1st round picks in a heartbeat for Kyrie
That's not a Melo trade tho. Frank NT is a gamble as we, or maybe its just me, dont know what he brings at all. A protected pick isn't the same as unprotected picks so that differs as well. No one wants another Melo trade...

Stop. Kyrie was young AF. Same reason why Love on the Twolves couldnt do ****, KAT on the twolves, Wiggins, Cousins, the list goes on. It takes a TEAM to win. There's only so much 1 player surrounded by bums can do.

AI was 25 when he won MVP and single handedly took the Sixers to the Finals and even stole a game from LA. The Sixers also made the playoffs in his 3rd year with Matt Geiger averaging the second most points on the team. What in the ******* **** is Kyrie's excuse?

Orlando and Toronto didn't do **** with TMac and Carter :lol: LeBron is the second best player of all time and Melo is one of the greatest scorers ever. Y'all on that molly water right now.

Back
Top Bottom