Official 2017 NBA Offseason Thread: Media Days begin

Status
Not open for further replies.
man somebody move melo and kyrie already

both these ****** gonna finish the season on their same damn teams as last year

****, yea that's another 6 mil, forgot about the dude i'm trying to keep

Which brings me to my point. If the cap is 70M (which it was) Lebrons Salary of $23M + Kyries of $17M + Wiggins of $6M + 10M in cap holds (required for empty roster spots) = 14M in salary cap space. That is saying they got rid of everyone on their team other than Lebron, Kyrie, and Wiggins which likely wasnt possible. Hence them not having cap to sign Kevin Love to a max contract without trading for him.

In free agency I cant go over the cap to sign a player unless I have their bird rights, they take the MLE, LLE, or league minimum. If I trade for a player and get his bird rights in the trade, then I can go over the cap to re-sign him. Hence why they made the trade because it wasn't feasibly possible to give him a max contract in free agency.

Which brings me to my point. If the cap is 70M (which it was) Lebrons Salary of $23M + Kyries of $17M + Wiggins of $6M + 10M in cap holds (required for empty roster spots) = 14M in salary cap space. That is saying they got rid of everyone on their team other than Lebron, Kyrie, and Wiggins which likely wasnt possible. Hence them not having cap to sign Kevin Love to a max contract without trading for him.

In free agency I cant go over the cap to sign a player unless I have their bird rights, they take the MLE, LLE, or league minimum. If I trade for a player and get his bird rights in the trade, then I can go over the cap to re-sign him. Hence why they made the trade because it wasn't feasibly possible to give him a max contract in free agency.
There's too much logic here.

Tristan Thompson's contract is right in line with what other players of his caliber are getting.

583c1b8dce7e7a5875c20949b38388dd.gif

RESPECT stayed on topic, explained it to me, and conversation was civil

Jungle low key works for a front office of some team.

If I worked for a FO I wouldnt be trying to scrape together the $50 buck you owe me:lol:

I get it though, the soft cap in the NBA is ridiculous with the amount of exceptions they have that allow you to go over the cap to either sign or re-sign players. I wont fault people for not knowing all they rules because they are ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom