Official 2017 NBA Offseason Thread: Media Days begin

Status
Not open for further replies.
It doesn't but they have too many legitimate rotation players to be any worse than 10th with relative health. It's young Myles time and a good team for Dipo to prove he isn't worthless. Jefferson and Lance off the bench could be fun too. They got a decent big man rotation, if they commit to running then they're not going to be any pushovers

I beg to differ. Mediocre squads without a single star on the roster don't usually do well (Hassan Whiteside is giving you star production in Miami). I'd be shocked if they didn't finish worse than 10th. For them to finish 10th or better...Myles Turner and/or Oladipo would have to make serious leaps.

How about that game saving block on Gasol in the Olympics last summer? Or the back to back blocks against the Raptors in the 4th quarter this past season?

Here's a video of his highlights from last season...where as the video notes he was the first rookie in NBA history with 1000 points, 500 rebounds, 150 assists and 100 threes in one season. Sounds pretty one dimensional.

I say school me & you give me 2 possessions :rofl: By that logic Westbrook must be an INCREDIBLE defender.

And then you're giving me a bunch of offensive numbers. I don't think you know what one-dimensional means.

I say school me & you give me 2 possessions :rofl: By that logic Westbrook must be an INCREDIBLE defender.

And then you're giving me a bunch of offensive numbers. I don't think you know what one-dimensional means.

Dario is a serviceable defender who hustles his *** off. By your logic 90% of the league is just "one dimensional players."

I think it's you that doesn't know what one dimensional means.

q6tLrDI.jpg

:smh:

There are more than just two dimensions of basketball. Is he a lockdown defender? No. He's ok though, and depending on opposing lineups, can guard 3-4 positions. He's also a good rebounder and a really good passer.

Calling him a "one dimensional sixth man" is pretty absurd.
You would have him at the 3 for extended periods on a good team? You'd almost certainly get burned more times than not.

He's best at the 4, but they'll have Simmons there for 30+ mins a night.

I don't know how he gets any substantial run without hurting you somewhere.

For him to be so multi-dimensional, I don't see the fit. Never have. Then he shot 31% on 3s, 93% of which were assisted.

I beg to differ. Mediocre squads without a single star on the roster don't usually do well (Hassan Whiteside is giving you star production in Miami). I'd be shocked if they didn't finish worse than 10th. For them to finish 10th or better...Myles Turner and/or Oladipo would have to make serious leaps.

Mediocre but it's not like they have any terrible players in rotation, 10th in the East should be bad. Health permitting I feel like that's a good estimate, Heat was the most injurious team in the league last year and underachieved at 9th

taylor rooks>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

she really is the best right now. Well her and Ros

Taylor, Ros, Cari - the Royal Triumvurant. The Holy Trinity. Destiny's child, but it's just bey and 2 kelly's :smokin.

I don't know how he gets any substantial run without hurting you somewhere.
I mean, you could say this about 95% of the league.

He isn't a perfect fit with Simmons, but he has better all around skills than the majority of players under 25 that play a similar role on their teams. He's a player that every team would love to have. Ultimate utility guy.

Last edited:
I mean, you could say this about 95% of the league.

He isn't a perfect fit with Simmons, but he has better all around skills than the majority of players under 25 that play a similar role on their teams. He's a player that every team would love to have.
I agree with that 1st sentence, which brings me back to my initial post about the cupboard being bare beyond Embiid from the perspective of making a playoff push.

Their best players are 2 rookies and this guy has limitations that make him an awkward fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom