Official 2017 NBA Offseason Thread: Media Days begin

Status
Not open for further replies.
it's the east.. not exactly THAT absurd

outside of cavs (assuming bron is still there), celtics, wizards, bucks and raptors cant feel good about any other team making it
I'm trying to remember the last team led by not 1 but 2 rookies that wasn't 10+ games under .500.

If Embiid could play 75 games I'd have them in too, but I don't see it.

Please tell me all about Dario's defensive prowess. School me.

How about that game saving block on Gasol in the Olympics last summer? Or the back to back blocks against the Raptors in the 4th quarter this past season?

Here's a video of his highlights from last season...where as the video notes he was the first rookie in NBA history with 1000 points, 500 rebounds, 150 assists and 100 threes in one season. Sounds pretty one dimensional.

I'm trying to remember the last team led by not 1 but 2 rookies that wasn't 10+ games under .500.

If Embiid could play 75 games I'd have them in too, but I don't see it.
What if Embiid plays 50-60 games though? They won 42% of their games that he played in and that's with him on a minutes restriction and not much other talent around. The team this year is going to have significantly more talent.

I just don't think it's nearly as farfetched as the majority of you seem to think it is. I think that you could pretty easily project them to be better than at least 5 other teams in the East. And if everything were to click, there are a couple others that they could be better than.

I think 38 is probably the most realistic number for them, but could definitely see them winning 42.

It makes no sense for the Pacers to be competitive though.

It doesn't but they have too many legitimate rotation players to be any worse than 10th with relative health. It's young Myles time and a good team for Dipo to prove he isn't worthless. Jefferson and Lance off the bench could be fun too. They got a decent big man rotation, if they commit to running then they're not going to be any pushovers

Please tell me all about Dario's defensive prowess. School me.
There are more than just two dimensions of basketball. Is he a lockdown defender? No. He's ok though, and depending on opposing lineups, can guard 3-4 positions. He's also a good rebounder and a really good passer.

Calling him a "one dimensional sixth man" is pretty absurd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom