Official 2017 NBA Offseason Thread: Media Days begin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wavy, is Dwight still a elite big man?
patrice.png

Not better than either of those teams or Heat, Charlotte and if everything goes right for them could be battling with Detroit and Indy for an 8th

1) i specifically listed those teams for a reason

2) i have no clue what to expert from the other 4 teams you named

3) i simply expect the 6ers to be better than the 28 games they won last year, no clue how much better.. but to be better and win more games

4) given the state of the east, i could very easily see the 76ers making the playoffs.. which was my point

Dwight will make them a better team. Not sure why anyone would think otherwise.

We are able to say he will help without claiming he will be back to his Elite days

1) i specifically listed those teams for a reason

2) i have no clue what to expert from the other 4 teams you named

3) i simply expect the 6ers to be better than the 28 games they won last year, no clue how much better.. but to be better and win more games

4) given the state of the east, i could very easily see the 76ers making the playoffs.. which was my point

East isn't in a whole nother state, not much worse than it's always been. Besides Hawks, East hasn't lost any good squads worth mentioning. 6ers making the Playoffs would likely make them the youngest Playoff team ever (Younger than the 13' Rockets), nothing should be easy about it

Embiid has appeared in 31 out of his last 246 games.

Had surgery to repair a torn meniscus and wasn't cleared to play 5 on 5 as of two weeks ago

I don't know how anyone can project them for the playoffs. If he's not playing, you have two rookies JJ Redick and a one dimensional sixth man
its a vibe

Charlotte was knicked up all season and they didn't defend or rebound. Dwight should help.

Indiana should be the worst team in the league

Indy has decent bench/depth

Collison- C.Joseph
Dippo-Lance- 50 cent Stuckey
Bogdonavic- GRIII
Young Thaddy- Leaf- Sabonis
Turner-Jefferson- Lavoy- Anigbogu

If 6ers have a shot then they can fight for 8th-10th seed

East isn't in a whole nother state, not much worse than it's always been. Besides Hawks, East hasn't lost any good squads worth mentioning. 6ers making the Playoffs would likely make them the youngest Playoff team ever (Younger than the 13' Rockets), nothing should be easy about it

i dont think the bulls or pacers will be better than they were last season.. just my opinion

and what was the age of OKC's team in 2010?

Expectations vs. Probabilities

Folks have to learn the difference.

I don't think anyone in their RIGHT mind EXPECTS 76ers to win 40.

Could it happen, sure it could.

i dont think the bulls or pacers will be better than they were last season.. just my opinion

and what was the age of OKC's team in 2010?

25.17, 13' Rockets 24.3. You can thank Kevin Ollie and Thomas

I think a healthier Heat and Charlotte can make up that difference and if Reggie Jackson can round back to form then nothing in the lower seeds should come easily

Yeah the Bulls, Pacers, and Hawks are obviously 3 playoff teams that won't be returning. Somebody has to fill those slots.

Expectations vs. Probabilities

Folks have to learn the difference.

I don't think anyone in their RIGHT mind EXPECTS 76ers to win 40.

Could it happen, sure it could.

exactly.

They absolutely COULD win 42 games. To EXPECT it though, is crazy to me.

To Expect them to win 42 games is basically saying that if they win 37 or 38 that they had a bad season, and that the season was a dissapointment, which is ludicrous.

Cp3 thread: Shooting

This is Chris's greatest asset and probably his biggest weakness.

He will hardly ever take a bad shot. He never goes into games thinking he has to get x amount of points or shoot x amount of times. He just takes what the defense gives him. A prime example is this past playoff series against Utah. Utah's coverage of pick and roll allow for midrange jumpers and he's the best in the league at it, so of course he averaged like 25 a game against them. He takes whatever the defense gives him, never forcing the issue.

But that's probably his biggest weakness. When you shoot that well, and are that good of a player, you have to at times force the issue and take 'bad' shots. It's an inherent quality in almost all great players.

P C H P C H

Well said about CP3 and his shooting breakdown.

I player lock with him in my 2K17 Franchise and I consciously play that way with him as well. I never take bad shots with him but when I used Dame in the ASG, I noticed I was much more reckless.

Embiid has appeared in 31 out of his last 246 games.

Had surgery to repair a torn meniscus and wasn't cleared to play 5 on 5 as of two weeks ago

I don't know how anyone can project them for the playoffs. If he's not playing, you have two rookies JJ Redick and a one dimensional sixth man

If Dario Saric is the "one dimensional sixth man" you speak of then please don't ever act like you've actually seen him play before again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom