Official 2017 NBA Offseason Thread: Media Days begin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Durant really was the only oversized perimeter guy to make it all work.

Randolph, Jones, Miller, Supercool Beas...all had some type of issue.

What makes Michael Porter Jr. so safe?

Pierre Jackson
Brady Heislip
Quincy Miller
Perry Jones
Corey Jefferson

One of the more disappointing teams in recent history

You down to tank another season? What do you think of Noel? Cause we can get a cheaper healthier version in this years draft

I want this season to play out the same as last except with the young guys getting all the clock.

Noel is cool for 14-16 Million a year at most. He's in his feelings because that's all he's going to get at best.

My perfect 2017-2018 Mavs season is :

35-42 wins, DSJ wins ROY and looks like an all star, Wes plays good enough to opt out and dip, Noel plays 80% of the games, Harrison reproduces last year.

All that happens and we are a Dwight Powell salary dump from having 2 max contract slots, a lottery pick, a decent young core and no state tax.

We've struck out on free agents in the past but honestly outside on a mid 30s Dirk and hope we never really had a ton to offer someone a good enough reason to come here but if most of that happens someone is coming here in FA. Only 8 teams are going to have cap space and everyone can't play for the Lakers

Which makes me appreciate the greats in the game right now. You can have all the talent but it doesn't always work out.

@atransta @itsaboutthattime @datznasty I was listening to RoyceYoung on Al's show yesterday and.....I'm not going to lie it made me a little nervous.
It gave me the same feelings I had when KD was deciding.
WHere he was so confident in KD and in his sources, that KD would sign.

I don't think Russ has any intentions on leaving.
I also don't think Russ has any intentions on signing that new deal before the Season starts.
I just hope this doesn't cause Sam to trade him if he doesn't.
I'm sure they talk or/and have talked about this in depth, things we know nothing about.

There was a caller, another Sports Writer I think that called in shortly after and he made some really good points.
It doesn't benefit Russ to sign now.
I forget the exact ins and outs of the convo but the short version was if Russ signs now, he only has one more Full Contract he can sign after this one and that would leave him going into FA at the age of 32 if he signs this new deal.

If he waits and signs next year, then he will be signing what will likely be his last "MAX/Full" contract at the age of 3o, a much more profitable position considering his age and playing style.

The thing that makes me nervous is last year he signed quick, and he said "if you know where you want to be, why wait...just sign"
Well, maybe he doesn't know where he wants to be anymore?

Anyway.....what's his date to sign? October 16th? Yea I don't think we see anything before then, and maybe not after....we shall see.
Thoughts?

Man...Bill Simmons was crushing on dude so hard omg

I've been telling people about him all year long. There's never been an NBA player with his size and skill set. Ever. He's a looong 6-foot-10, runs like a gazelle, has great hops, and can handle the ball. Love it. As an added bonus, he looks like he's constantly crying or really getting his feelings hurt. He's fascinating. I get genuinely giddy any time the Warriors are on, for him alone.

Bill Simmons said:
He's one of the most breathtaking rookies I've seen in person -- ever -- . There has never been anyone quite like him. He's like a cross between Josh Smith and Lamar Odom, only if you fed him 10 Red Bulls and told him right before the game, "If you can make 10 things happen during the 10 minutes you play tonight, we will quadruple your salary and you will start for the rest of the season" ... and then he does just that, but the coach reneges on the promise so Anthony has a near-crying meltdown on the bench. That's every Anthony Randolph game. I caught him once and, in the span of two hours, he made three "MY GOD!" plays and broke down on the Warriors' bench because Nellie wouldn't put him back in, followed by an assistant consoling him through an entire timeout like Randolph was a third grader who got in trouble for something he didn't do, then had a meltdown and got kicked out of class. It was riveting. The odds of me missing another Clips-Warriors game for the next five years are 10,000-to-1.

One other thing: There hasn't been nearly enough made of how screwed up the Warriors are right now. Their front office and ownership situation is a world-class mess. Their coach has been in "I'm Keith Hernandez" Mode since the 2007 Dallas upset and looks like he's actively trying to get fired. They have two young players everyone loves -- Randolph and Monta Ellis -- only they've been antagonized to the degree that it might affect them long-term. In Randolph's case, how can a lottery team not play a talent like Randolph 35 minutes a game? What the hell is going on here??? For some reason, the only media member who seems to care is Tim Kawakami. I don't get it. If I were a Warriors fan, I would be organizing protests outside the arena complaining about Randolph's playing time. It's insane. Imagine if Chicago was 16-50 and played Derrick Rose 10 minutes a game. Would you think that was weird? You would, right? Welcome to Anthony Randolph's world. This is the single weirdest subplot of the 2008-09 season, narrowly edging Zaza Pachulia's bacne.

loll took shots at ZaZa pimples lmaoooo

@atransta @itsaboutthattime @datznasty I was listening to RoyceYoung on Al's show yesterday and.....I'm not going to lie it made me a little nervous.
It gave me the same feelings I had when KD was deciding.
WHere he was so confident in KD and in his sources, that KD would sign.

I don't think Russ has any intentions on leaving.
I also don't think Russ has any intentions on signing that new deal before the Season starts.
I just hope this doesn't cause Sam to trade him if he doesn't.
I'm sure they talk or/and have talked about this in depth, things we know nothing about.

There was a caller, another Sports Writer I think that called in shortly after and he made some really good points.
It doesn't benefit Russ to sign now.
I forget the exact ins and outs of the convo but the short version was if Russ signs now, he only has one more Full Contract he can sign after this one and that would leave him going into FA at the age of 32 if he signs this new deal.

If he waits and signs next year, then he will be signing what will likely be his last "MAX/Full" contract at the age of 3o, a much more profitable position considering his age and playing style.

The thing that makes me nervous is last year he signed quick, and he said "if you know where you want to be, why wait...just sign"
Well, maybe he doesn't know where he wants to be anymore?

Anyway.....what's his date to sign? October 16th? Yea I don't think we see anything before then, and maybe not after....we shall see.
Thoughts?

I feel you.

I think he wants to stay. But let's see how the season starts off and then I think we will know more about Russ/the Thunder. But yeah, does not benefit him to sign it until offseason.

SneakerProSr. SneakerProSr.

I'm more in favor of landing a top 5 pick at all costs and dealing Wes to a contender. I feel like we've been striking out on free agents for far too long. Let's build through the draft ( like with DSJ) and go from there.

Man anything that gets Wes off the books I'm down for but I don't see what contender is going to want him at his salary even if we gave him away for free based on how he played last year,

Also we wouldn't have to hurt our core and let anyone important to chase free agents like in the past, so if we do strike out we would just flourish with the young core.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom