Official 2017 NBA Offseason Thread: Media Days begin

Status
Not open for further replies.
atransta atransta @itsaboutthattime @datznasty I was listening to RoyceYoung on Al's show yesterday and.....I'm not going to lie it made me a little nervous.
It gave me the same feelings I had when KD was deciding.
WHere he was so confident in KD and in his sources, that KD would sign.

I don't think Russ has any intentions on leaving.
I also don't think Russ has any intentions on signing that new deal before the Season starts.
I just hope this doesn't cause Sam to trade him if he doesn't.
I'm sure they talk or/and have talked about this in depth, things we know nothing about.

There was a caller, another Sports Writer I think that called in shortly after and he made some really good points.
It doesn't benefit Russ to sign now.
I forget the exact ins and outs of the convo but the short version was if Russ signs now, he only has one more Full Contract he can sign after this one and that would leave him going into FA at the age of 32 if he signs this new deal.

If he waits and signs next year, then he will be signing what will likely be his last "MAX/Full" contract at the age of 3o, a much more profitable position considering his age and playing style.

The thing that makes me nervous is last year he signed quick, and he said "if you know where you want to be, why wait...just sign"
Well, maybe he doesn't know where he wants to be anymore?

Anyway.....what's his date to sign? October 16th? Yea I don't think we see anything before then, and maybe not after....we shall see.
Thoughts?

I don't think Russ will leave OKC either (he is pretty much a God there and he probably values that they are going all out now to get PG and what not) but yeah there is no point of him signing now.

Don't take Sam would trade Russ if he doesn't sign it before the season, just go for it all this year with a bang

so if russ leaves, okc fans gon throw a fit too or nah?

Only if he went to the Warriors

TMZ recently caught up with Sheed to talk about Randolph's charges and he says he knows for a fact Randolph is not slinging weed on the side. Wallace simply chalked it up to, "the bigger the paycheck, the bigger the party."

lol Sheed and Zbo probably got the trap boomin from Portland, Detroit and Memphis.

@SneakerProSr.

I'm more in favor of landing a top 5 pick at all costs and dealing Wes to a contender. I feel like we've been striking out on free agents for far too long. Let's build through the draft ( like with DSJ) and go from there.

Thought you were one of those 'fan of the game' type dudes

and KD. So we now have 2 guys, successfully pulling off what randolph should've been. To think, we had never seen anything like it before AR and now we have 2 more of them.

usa-today-9567727.0.jpg

Pop did excellent work with guys like Stephen Jackson and Dennis rodman. That went well. Oh and who could forget lamarcus aldridge. He's always had the ability to completely revitalize a player's attitude and change their dna both on and off the court. I'm glad that doesn't go unappreciated in this thread

I recognize Porter Jr's ceiling...but I'm a bit hesitant to buy him as what he's being sold as. He's got physical tools as a modern combo forward but he's not nearly as explosive as the KD, PG, T-Mac type of giant wings people are trying to put him next to. He's a fluid athlete but not elite and I question his shooting ability from deep on the next level (NBA Line). Excellent mid range tho. No wear near a #1 lock.

KD is the new archetype for tall wings who move and shoot well just like KG was the archetype for every 6'11 athletic big in the 2000s. So many dudes got thrown in that "next KG" box unfairly and now dudes are getting thrown in that KD box.

Last edited:
I don't think Russ will leave OKC either (he is pretty much a God there and he probably values that they are going all out now to get PG and what not) but yeah there is no point of him signing now.

Don't take Sam would trade Russ if he doesn't sign it before the season, just go for it all this year with a bang

Only if he went to the Warriors
you know thats a lie that fanbase would be hurt too and bash him as well

Teacher wants his/her students to grow up a gambling addict & not do any charity work? :smh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom