Official 2017 NBA Offseason Thread: Media Days begin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't worry, Whip said we weren't going to draft Zo. He'll be back to his horrible prediction ways soon. 

Gonna see this when he comes back to LA next season :nerd:

Against the Nets too :lol:

His highest scoring game was against the nets
And now he'll be playing for them

Prepping for the inevitable Randle, Clarkson, #27 and #28 picks trade for George.

Mann if its both Randle and Clarkson Im gonna be extra heated. Gutting the whole damn team basically. Would be left with Lonzo who Im not high on, Ingram who I think is a complete question mark, and PG. Obviously cap space would be there to pursue people but as we've seen recently its not guarantee anyone will come here. Not sure I like the direction we are headed in.

The Lakers now HAVE to trade for PG now and not wait till he hits FA right?
Prepping for the inevitable Randle, Clarkson, #27 and #28 picks trade for George.

You'd be trading both Randle & Clarkson?

Thought it was one or the other
Too lazy to do the salary cap math, but they gotta get close to George's money. Or maybe they wait until July to complete the trade (again too lazy to do the math).

Look I understand dude broke a man code but it was probably best for Nick and Iggy. But then again it's Nick and Iggy so f#%£ their relationship. Now yes dudes will not trust him but he and them are playing for the Nets now so it's not like they have a chance to be against him.

I didn't think highly of him before seeing him play and it was hard with that last Kobe season and last season o thought he made some leaps. This is his franchise now let's see what he does with it. But this will be good for him and the Nets. You have a star name and if you let him just play, all that off-court stuff will go away. Now the Nets have someone to build around if in the long run they can't resign him for that big contract. I like this for him. Dude is going to be in BK living it up and I bet he will come and play every night.

Last edited:
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...acers-paul-george-faces-significant-obstacles

The Cleveland Cavaliers remain seriously interested in trading for Chicago's Jimmy Butler or Indiana's Paul George, but have encountered significant obstacles on both fronts, according to league sources.

Sources told ESPN on Tuesday that the Cavaliers have been notified that Butler hopes to stay with the Bulls and would be reluctant to commit his long-term future to Cleveland. Butler, sources said, remains intent on trying to lead the Bulls back to Eastern Conference prominence.

To land either Butler or George, sources say, Cleveland knows it would have to assemble a three-team (or more) trade --- likely costing them All-Star forward Kevin Love -- to manufacture the top-five draft pick Chicago and Indiana are known to covet in exchange for surrendering their respective best players.

Mann if its both Randle and Clarkson Im gonna be extra heated. Gutting the whole damn team basically. Would be left with Lonzo who Im not high on, Ingram who I think is a complete question mark, and PG. Obviously cap space would be there to pursue people but as we've seen recently its not guarantee anyone will come here. Not sure I like the direction we are headed in.
They're literally setting themselves up for the same failure that they had a couple years ago IMO.

Let's say it's either Clarkson or Randle plus the 27 or 28.

If they don't make any other Big moves this summer, (Which they won't, they won't have the assets to do so and they're gonna wanna keep cap space) They are going to be Terrible next year.

The Lakers are going to be really bad, bottom 4 in the west bad.

So you're going to go into FA next season, with a terrible team, and hoping that 1) PG doesn't sour on LA because how bad they were and 2) That the great players will ignore just how bad the Lakers were and sign there anyway, which as the Lakers know, isn't likely. Players value winning man. They're going to put a ****** product out this year and get spurn in FA because of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom