Official 2017 NBA Offseason Thread: Media Days begin

Status
Not open for further replies.
So fellas....

Word got out to my dude David A. that Rob offered LA's #2 to Vlade for Sac's #5 and #10 because the Lakers had something in the works to send either the #5 or #10 plus #27, #28, and a player to be named for PG13. 

Inquiring minds want to know....are the Lakers really that sold on Lonzo Ball? 

Or is Lonzo PLAN B?

Because we all know if LAL would've sent the #10 pick to IND as part of that package, Lonzo definitely ain't gonna be around at #5.

As the Lakers World Turns....

Stay tuned for more action.

whip was right the whole time
roll.gif

I can't
there aren't many things he's been wrong on tbh

what if kawhi never had braids and they were extensions? :nerd:

my man is not playing gms next yr

From Kevin Ding:

"Russell did improve with the faith Walton tried to put in him from the beginning of last season, but his personality is not one that wins people over. Bottom line.

When you are as aloof as Russell is and are trying to sell experienced leaders such as Johnson and Walton on your leadership ability, that's a dead end, no matter how good your pick-and-roll passing or shooting stroke might become."

I've been saying this since last year, when I coined the Hollywood Russell nickname on him. Dude trying to be something he's not, when he ain't even earned jack ****. To top it all off, he was never a leader that anyone on the team was willing to follow.

But stubborn Laker fans insisted that his PER and his per 36 numbers would overcome his shortcomings, not even realizing that his was without a doubt the wrong fit for the type of culture they were trying to foster. Even without the #2 pick, the Lakers STILL would've traded Russell because NOW is the time to deal him since he still has some sort of value.

Had the Lakers kept him for another 2-3 years, he would've stunk it up even more and there would be no way at that time the Lakers would get anything of value in return. Instead they get another trade chip with the 27th pick PLUS one of the top scoring centers in the league.

You can't teach hustle, you can't teach work ethic, you can't teach athleticism, you can't teach speed, and when you already got bad knees at the age of 21, you're a goner - especially in LakerLand.

Gonna be pure joy watching this team without him moving forward. 

Last edited:
From Kevin Ding:

"Russell did improve with the faith Walton tried to put in him from the beginning of last season, but his personality is not one that wins people over. Bottom line.

When you are as aloof as Russell is and are trying to sell experienced leaders such as Johnson and Walton on your leadership ability, that's a dead end, no matter how good your pick-and-roll passing or shooting stroke might become."

I've been saying this since last year, when I coined the Hollywood Russell nickname on him. Dude trying to be something he's not, when he ain't even earned jack ****. To top it all off, he was never a leader that anyone on the team was willing to follow.

But stubborn Laker fans insisted that his PER and his per 36 numbers would overcome his shortcomings, not even realizing that his was without a doubt the wrong fit for the type of culture they were trying to foster. Even without the #2 pick, the Lakers STILL would've traded Russell because NOW is the time to deal him since he still has some sort of value.

Had the Lakers kept him for another 2-3 years, he would've stunk it up even more and there would be no way at that time the Lakers would get anything of value in return. Instead they get another trade chip with the 27th pick PLUS one of the top scoring centers in the league.

You can't teach hustle, you can't teach work ethic, you can't teach athleticism, you can't teach speed, and when you already got bad knees at the age of 21, you're a goner - especially in LakerLand.

Gonna be pure joy watching this team without him moving forward. 

bars.

bodied.

lemon face.

rip.

bye felicia.

Only real benefit of LA trading for George is for his Bird Rights
I don't see it that way.

I'm not a fan of saving 2 dollars today because I have 5 more coming on Friday.

If I can invest that 2 dollars today and have between Tuesday and Friday to reap the benefits of that investment, and the pick up my 5 dollars on Friday with a burgeoning new business, I'd rather do that.

I can't get my time back, I can always get the money back.

Gimme the time pleigh boi.

Gimme PG now, take these 2 bucks.

Last edited:

Only real benefit of LA trading for George is for his Bird Rights
I don't see it that way.

I'm not a fan of saving 2 dollars today because I have 5 more coming on Friday.

If I can invest that 2 dollars today and have between Tuesday and Friday to reap the benefits of that investment, and the pick up my 5 dollars on Friday with a burgeoning new business, I'd rather do that.

I can't get my time back, I can always get the money back.

Gimme the time pleigh boi.

Gimme PG now, take these 2 bucks.
100% Agree, good analogy as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom