Official 2017 NBA Offseason Thread: Media Days begin

Status
Not open for further replies.
that bet at 30 wins would be as sure as the next minute

lakers wont get past 30 wins unless they get paul george and another free agent and ball plays like the next magic johnson

If the Lakers don't get Paul George this summer I think it's possible they just completely sit out the market to hold their cap space for next year when the whole Banana Boat Gang and PG will be free agents. If that happens then it's very possible the Lakers will have the worst record in the league. Nets will be improved and Atkinson > Luke.

I'm 85% sure Lakers won't win 28 games but 100% sure they won't make the playoffs. Whip has been talking the Lakers up about making the playoffs but we all know he doesn't believe it. I'm willing to put more money on the Lakers not making the playoffs, so if whip were a real believer of the ish he spits, he would place money on that. But I doubt he is so he will try to place a bet on the 28gms I brought up lol. So 10k on whether the Lakers win 28 games and 30k on whether the Lakers make it to the playoffs. Watch this bum try to back out.

Last edited:
I'm telling you bruh, 28 is not a good bet. The Lakers accidentally won 26 games last year and they were trying to tank. They do not have their pick this year so there is no incentive to tank. I would not bet on them not reaching 28 games, however unlikely it may seem.

They're not making the playoffs tho :lol:

Last edited:
yeah, 28 wins is no big deal. Lakers have an incentive not to tank, right? #2-5 and they lose their pick?

25 wins this past season in a organization that was in complete shambles (top to bottom). And the young dudes will continue to get better.

Whip know the Lakers aint making the playoffs without PG. He said it himself.

I'll hold the money for you guys. Will send pics every couple of weeks of cash and you can even FaceTime the cash when you please.

So Nike officially takes over on the 1st?
Is that when we can expect the unveiling of all the jerseys?

Neither Nike nor the NBA has announced an official unveiling day yet or how they're going to do it.

Adidas is still here through some of the summer, they're doing the summer league unis

i just want more laker throwbacks. is that too much to ask. every team uses more than us. We have a quite a few and they never suit up in em.

cat-peeking-window.gif

Adrian Wojnarowski: Sources: Free agent Rudy Gay hosts meetings in Austin, Texas with interested suitors this weekend. OKC continues to be a team who sees fit. – via Twitter WojVerticalNBA

a 5 seed? Interesting. A #3 seed gets better, and the teams behind them, got worst, but they a 5 seed. Repped.

They also lost Beverley and Lou. Bev clamps guards up, Houston will have no D

Last edited:
Media gotta stop calling Houston a super team. They're a 5 seed team

Agreed on this (even if I dunno if a 5 seed is right). It's the new hot theme and it ain't stopping any time soon with the NBA coverage. I saw it used with the damn Timberwolves :lol:

It's almost as bad as them using "Big 3" for every single team's three best players. That phrase was for the old 80's Celtics teams fine, then when LeGod went to Miami it got started up again fine. Those are legit. Now it's used literally for every team.

Last edited:
They also lost Beverley and Lou. Bev clamps guards up, Houston will have no D

yep, they will drop two entire slots because 2 of these teams (Utah, LAC, Minny, Denver, OKC, Memphis) will over take them.

Yep. Bev was that important

No

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom