Official 2017 NBA Offseason Thread: Media Days begin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not knocking CP3 he's elite level, we all know. I just feel Bev brings an effort like Draymond that isn't always reflected by stats

Houston a super team? Lolz. Both their best players have been on better rosters that weren't even considered super teams. Aint no super team ***

Do you mind posting some stats to back this up?  Not saying you are wrong, but I would like to see them if you dont mind.
https://www.espn.com/nba/statistics/rpm/_/sort/DRPM/position/1
Thank you for posting.  So is it just DRPM or are there other stats too?  Just curious because when I used to bring this stat up to talk about Kawhi's defense, I was told by everyone that this stat is misleading and Kawhi is a top 3 defender in the entire NBA, rather than barely in the top 20 of small forwards like this stat claims he is.

11 million Trade Exception.

8 Million ML

3 mill BAE

That can get 3 great pieces. Even before a trade.

First the Clippers break up, now every day I wake up...
Somebody got a problem with the warriors

Last edited:
DRPM is decent, but it's not perfect. I posted a couple articles explaining why it was way off on Kawhi.

I feel like with advanced defensive stats you could take virtually any two guys and half the stats would favor one and the other half would go to the other guy

This thread is pure hot fire garbage juice when there's nothing happening.
To be fair Chris Paul makes the rockets better than the warriors and I won't be surprised if they sweep the warriors in the wcf.

Paul is better than curry.
Harden is better than klay.
Ariza is better than Durant.

So statistically their big 3 is better than the warriors big 3 so I do see the rockets winning this matchup come may.

Not knocking CP3 he's elite level, we all know. I just feel Bev brings an effort like Draymond that isn't always reflected by stats

can't have it all. Pick your poison. With Bev, they weren't close to beating GSW, so what's the point?

To be fair Chris Paul makes the rockets better than the warriors and I won't be surprised if they sweep the warriors in the wcf.

Paul is better than curry.
Harden is better than klay.
Ariza is better than Durant.

So statistically their big 3 is better than the warriors big 3 so I do see the rockets winning this matchup come may.

did you just hit your head on that giant lebron statue in your bedroom?

http://fansided.com/2017/03/16/nylo...ters-ruining-kawhi-leonard-defensive-numbers/

http://insider.espn.com/nba/insider/story/_/id/18909227/three-myths-kawhi-leonard-mvp-case-nba

Very nerdy reads, but cliffnotes: Spurs' opponents shot incredibly poorly on threes and free throws with Kawhi sitting. Like, unsustainably poorly, bad enough that Kawhi was an outlier. I agree that his defense did slip a little compared to the previous season, but there also seems to be some luck/randomness involved that killed Kawhi's on/off numbers last year.

what's a contender though? I think there are 3-4 contenders, tops, but truly just 1-2. Everyone else is just filling the schedule.

OKC isn't contending. Far from it. So i think they would go after Blake just to make sure they don't lose someone like Westbrook?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom