Official 2017 NBA Offseason Thread: Media Days begin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will we ever see another Dirk? Superstar and champion, played on one team his whole career, one of the best and most efficient scorers ever, and literally has zero hate towards him. Dude's resume is squeaky clean.

i don't think so. I use to argue with my boy about KG being better than Dirk to the point where fists were close to flying.

I slowly started to agree.

You was right, KG is better.

You joking. :lol: They wasn't beating Kobe and nem.

***** were 2 inbounds passes, and a STUPID Kenyon Martin foul away from bouncing Hobe....then inevitably Dwight in '09.

Nuggets was hungry in 2010. Even had Bron Bron crying.

[Video]

LOOK AT HIS FACE at 12:48. Look at eeeeeem!!! That day, he decision was made.....essentially stalling the careers of Melo, Dwight and Deron Williams. Them ****** got so thirsty to follow LeBron and try to form their own "big 3s" in big markets....and it backfired.

**** Kobe too btw.[/Video]

Will we ever see another Dirk? Superstar and champion, played on one team his whole career, one of the best and most efficient scorers ever, and literally has zero hate towards him. Dude's resume is squeaky clean.

This definitely wasn't the case pre 2011.

A lot of folks have amnesia when it comes to the slander they lobbed at Dirk.

Yeah Dirk won America over when he beat one of the most hated teams of all time

Looks at average number (6.3). Hmmm seems in line with what I said about consistently being in the top 5.

And look:

http://www.nba.com/news/jersey_080326.html?rss=true

Look who's on both lists. Those are your superstars.

Kobe, Bron, Wade, AI, Shaq as far as popularity and merits. Others in like TD, KG, Dirk more on merits.

As for that 2013 year that's about as close as he got to superstar level I'll admit but they got bounced in the 2nd rd. As for the finish in voting eh, Joakim was 4th the very next year. Guess he was a superstar too.

Last edited:
Steph Curry is Dirk and Duncan like.

***** going to be mad when Steph hangs it up.....and is a top 10 player of all time.....:nerd:

The Servant too

Yeah Dirk won America over when he beat one of the most hated teams of all time
I cheered for Dirk :lol:

KG > Dirk

KG has basically all the same accolades plus he's 12x all-defense.

Its really based on your preference. I dont think KG would be able to beat any team in the FInals as the #1 option. Surround him with a past prime Marion, Kidd, Terry. Cant see it happening. That team was tailor made for Dirk though. Plus they beat some crazy good competition that year.

Last edited:
****** loved calling Dirk "soft". Sht always used to trip me out. '06....followed by that '07 loss in the first round gave a lot of ****** fuel. Durk caught hell pre 2011.

Dirk > KG

Dirk was soft though, people didn't call him that for no reason. He corrected it later in his career

Last edited:
KG > Dirk

KG has basically all the same accolades plus he's 12x all-defense.

If KG was better in the clutch I would agree.

When KG was passing to Troy Hudson and Trenton Hassel with the game on the line while he was being single covered I was out on him being on Duncan or Dirks level.

Plus Dirk had his way with him in the playoffs head to head.

Do we have to compare Dirk and KG? Both have different play styles but were great at what they did as a 2.

Looks at average number (6.3). Hmmm seems in line with what I said about consistently being in the top 5.

And look:

http://www.nba.com/news/jersey_080326.html?rss=true

Look who's on both lists. Those are your superstars.

Kobe, Bron, Wade, AI, Shaq as far as popularity and merits. Others in like TD, KG, Dirk more on merits.

As for that 2013 year that's about as close as he got to superstar level I'll admit but they got bounced in the 2nd rd. As for the finish in voting eh, Joakim was 4th the very next year. Guess he was a superstar too.

He was fourth, for the decade. Give up

Its really based on your preference. I dont think KG would be able to beat any team in the FInals as the #1 option. Surround him with a past prime Marion, Kidd, Terry. Cant see it happening. That team was tailor made for Dirk though. Plus they beat some crazy good competition that year.

Terry was really underrated in those finals and Dirk was a little overrated in those finals. I have no doubt KG coulda gave the mavs the same production probably even better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom