Official 2017 NBA Offseason Thread: Media Days begin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wait....Monta was tested during the offseason?
I THINK it's "at random" and who knows when he was actually tested vs when the results came vs when they decided to go public with it.
I heard a radio interview with Stephen Jackson a while back, and he specifically said that there was a point in the NBA season every year, that if you made it that far passing drug tests, there were no more until the next season starts.  He even went as far as saying that Don Nelson would call a team meeting, tell everyone that the drug tests were done for the season, and everyone could smoke now (which led to cheers and high fives in the meeting).

Obviously, Jackson hasnt played in a number of years so I guess things could have changed.  But he said that it was common NBA practice.

I heard a radio interview with Stephen Jackson a while back, and he specifically said that there was a point in the NBA season every year, that if you made it that far passing drug tests, there were no more until the next season starts.  He even went as far as saying that Don Nelson would call a team meeting, tell everyone that the drug tests were done for the season, and everyone could smoke now (which led to cheers and high fives in the meeting).

Obviously, Jackson hasnt played in a number of years so I guess things could have changed.  But he said that it was common NBA practice.
roll.gif
roll.gif
This sounds hilarious

Dang that's it ?? Thought it would take at least a couple hours
Nah it's hella quick. Basketball to Basketball conversions are reallyyy quick. The cleaning and the realigning of the seats sometimes makes it a bit more but for sure under 2 hours. Like Typically if a Clippers game ends at 3, by 4:30 players are out there shooting, cheerleaders out there practicing, etc.

The Basketball to Hockey and vice versa takes the longest though.

Agreed and agreed

These are some of the coolest shoes ive seen in a long time with the outer half and the instep of the shoe being opposite.

As well as Kyrie's shoes last Finals.

I dont even buy hoopin shoes like that anymore but Kyrie's make me want to.
Wow those are cold af

Has Steph stopped smoking since he won? :lol: Every time I've seen him since the final buzzer rang dude has had something lit in his hands :lol:

Of course Drake would host a championship party for Steph man lol of course.

Man the drug testing in the NBA is a joke according to a buddy who plays in the NBA. I had another homie who played for the D League tell me the **** was a joke too 
laugh.gif
. A lot of players smoke bud just never get in trouble for it.
A joke is an understatement. They tell you when it's going to happen, and you have to get caught like 3 times before you actually get suspended for 5 games
laugh.gif

I've heard players on LAC talk about weed so casually man lol especially when Mathias was on the staff before Blake KO'd him out of a job lol
Breh it really is wild man. I've heard stories of players sippin lean and **** on the off season 
laugh.gif
 . They tell me who it is I'm like damn no wonder why they're trash/average and always getting hurt 
roll.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom