Official 2017 NBA Offseason Thread: Media Days begin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love Russy

But giving him a huge contract into his mid 30s is risky. I'm not sure how his game will age.
He relies so much on his speed and athleticism

But I'd still back up the brinks truck

Unless they both say that they'll play for LA and no one else, some team will trade for them hoping for a resign.

This is a business and straight up arms race. No guarantees here.

Last edited:
Lakers as constituted are about 9 mil short of being able to afford both of them on pure cap space (after stretching Deng) Russ's deal would start at 36.5 due to 10yrs of service and PG 30.6. Clarkson makes 12 million. Would literally have to only get rid of him and they still can go over the cap to resign Randle should they please. And they'd be able to keep Ball, Ingram, Nance Jr. Hart, Kuzma, and Zu.

Last edited:
man the east is a joke. GMs can't get the job done. Teams with potential are busy trying to bring the same team back.

Power moves out west. I hope Houston or OKC pickup another good player. Don't blame Indiana either. Crowder or Bradley aren't that attractive as the centerpiece of a trade. late first round picks are overrated. Sabonis can be good I think he showed a lot his rookie season.

How is that not more attractive than Oladipo and Sabonis?

Bradley is better in just about everything than Vic with a smaller contract and Crowder is a proven defender at the 3. Pacers already have a young big man in Turner so Sabonis isn't really necessary. They definitely didn't take the better deal, they just wanted PG13 out of the east.

Agree that Bradley is a better player. But free agent in a year. May cost more or leave who knows. Other than that the rest of the package is weak. Boston had enough to make it happen without giving up a lot. Ainge plays scared and other GMs are done with his bs.

-Kennedy

Several teams have had discussions with the Cleveland Cavaliers regarding an Iman Shumpert trade, according to sources.

if the lakers kept ball and signed westbrook and george

ball would never see the ball
Lavar wouldn't put up with this
laugh.gif
word 
laugh.gif

To be honest I couldn't have scripted a potential better scenario for the Lakers if I tried. PG going to spend the entire season trying to recruit Russ back home with him. Worst case scenario they don't click and go their separate ways. Best case they do click but team wise they don't get out of the 1st or 2nd rd, why not keep the train rolling in LA as opposed to OKC.

First it was like, 'Ainge has more and better assets than any team in the league. Power moves coming'

Then it was 'Look at the draft position. What did you expect? Late picks aren't that valuable'

Now it's, 'nobody's beating the warriors anyway. Deandre ayton tho :pimp:'

OKC deserves better, not a-friend
roll.gif

lottery team in 3... 2... 1....
YO MAN!
laugh.gif

afriend you gots to understand there is no santa clause. there is no easter bunny. there is no loyalty in the nba
I understand.

Truth be told, I'm lowkey hoping Russ decides not to sign.

KD was always my choice to lead OKC, not Russ.

I said OKC wasn't a playoff team with Russ leading it.

Lucky for us the West was down, because I still feel the same.

I will ride out with Russ though, for sure.

Get some shooters and mimic Houston, and we can run with pretty much any team, just not winning the whole thing without a Miracle.

Marc J. Spears @MarcJSpearsESPN

Warriors free agent Andre Iguodala had an "excellent" meeting with Houston and a contract offer was made

Steph/Russ/CP3/Dame/Lowry (?)/Conley
Harden/Klay/CJ/Booker
KD/Kawhi/PG-13/Jimmy/Gordon (?)
AD/LMA/Griffin/Draymond/Milsap (?)
Boogie/Gasol/Deandre/Jokic/Lopez

Stacked conference

Last edited:
To be honest I couldn't have scripted a potential better scenario for the Lakers if I tried. PG going to spend the entire season trying to recruit Russ back home with him. Worst case scenario they don't click and go their separate ways. Best case they do click but team wise they don't get out of the 1st or 2nd rd, why not keep the train rolling in LA as opposed to OKC.
you're just repeating yourself at this point G. 
laugh.gif

let offseason and the season play out first 

Last edited:
Alex Kennedy @AlexKennedyNBA

Shane Larkin, who spent last year with Baskonia, is interested in returning to NBA. However, several teams in Europe are pursuing him too.

The Chicago Bulls have expressed interest in Justin Holiday, according to sources. The New York Knicks are interested in re-signing him too.

He won't spend the whole Season recruiting Russ because neither of them will start the Season here if Russ doesn't sign.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom