Official 2017 NBA Offseason Thread: Media Days begin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maybe we step back a little bit and slow it down for you because that seems to be a little necessary. To sign a free agent, you need cap space or to convince said player to take the league minimum, MLE, or MMLE. Both of which are tiny fractions of what a player like Hayward will be paid in free agency. Since they don't have cap space, they would have to convince him to take a 100M+ discount to play in the only place worse than salt lake. 99.99999999999999999999% chance of never happening.

You know what, I'm glad you didn't pay up. I would have felt bad after reading some of your dumb *** posts.

Last edited:
then they trading thomas lol
Not a chance.

Hayward is way too beta. I'd rather we sign Blake. He fits the team mentality much better. Everyone keeps talking Hayward because the media has shoved him down our throats for the past 9 months.

Last edited:
Maybe we step back a little bit and slow it down for you because that seems to be a little necessary. To sign a free agent, you need cap space or to convince said player to take the league minimum, MLE, or MMLE. Both of which are tiny fractions of what a player like Hayward will be paid in free agency. Since they don't have cap space, they would have to convince him to take a 100M+ discount to play in the only place worse than salt lake. 99.99999999999999999999% chance of never happening.

You know what, I'm glad you didn't pay up. I would have felt bad after reading some of your dumb *** posts.
i should pay you 50 for explaing that for me honestly didnt know not ashamed to admit it. So the warriors basically have two players locked in with steph getting a max contract which is almost a third of cap space. So iguadala, livingston, zaza, etc are going to take a minimum on the back end of their career to stay on a winning team? [emoji]129300[/emoji]

Last edited:
i should pay you 50 for explaing that for me honestly didnt know not ashamed to admit it. So the warriors basically have two players locked in with steph getting a max contract which is almost a third of cap space. So iguadala, livingston, zaza, etc are going to take a minimum on the back end of their career to stay on a winning team? [emoji]129300[/emoji]

Not really as simple as I just put it with your own players. If a player plays certain amount of years with a team they can go over the cap to re-sign him using the bird exception. Can't remember off the top of my head if it is 3 or 4 years you have to be with the team.

They probably have iggy and Livingstons bird rights. Zaza not so much. I may be wrong on some of the minute details of some of this but that's the basic concept

Last edited:
You can always make cap space though. GS just did it last year.

Correct. You can stretch a players contract over a couple of years or try to trade a player for space. Unfortunately Cleveland has 50M wrapped up in shump, JR, and TT plus the 75M they owe the big three so the chances of it happening are extremely thin considering the cap is like 103M if I recall correctly.

Not to mention you can't trade first rounders in consecutive years so they technically can't trade a first until 2021 I believe. At that point you have to look and see how seriously you think lebron and co can contend.

They are pretty much ******.

Last edited:
Im sure some team will help the LeBron and take Shumpert and Thompson's contracts off his hands. It never fails.

nowadays its easy to make cap space

Don't know about that. Teams pretty much have to attach a draft pick to a terrible contract to dump them. Warriors cap space was mostly created due to owners being dumb and letting the cap raise like 25M in a single year. Say what you want about superstars, but the owners basically created the space needed to sign KD

Im sure some team will help the LeBron and take Shumpert and Thompson's contracts off his hands. It never fails.

Even if they did they would still be at the salary cap due to JR, Frye, and the cap holds associated with like the 9 players they would have to sign. They would basically have to trade love for cheaper contracts, get rid of TT and shump.

It would be extremely difficult for the Cavs to sign a player of significance. They would have to pretty much gut the team outside of Kyrie and James who account for like 55m of cap room.

Last edited:
Don't know about that. Teams pretty much have to attach a draft pick to a terrible contract to dump them. Warriors cap space was mostly created due to owners being dumb and letting the cap raise like 25M in a single year. Say what you want about superstars, but the owners basically created the space needed to sign KD

They still had to trade Bogut for a heavily protected 2nd. I'm sure the cavs could find those deals too. Might even get an asset for TT and shumpert.

Correct. You can stretch a players contract over a couple of years or try to trade a player for space. Unfortunately Cleveland has 50M wrapped up in shump, JR, and TT plus the 75M they owe the big three so the chances of it happening are extremely thin considering the cap is like 103M if I recall correctly.

Not to mention you can't trade first rounders in consecutive years so they technically can't trade a first until 2021 I believe. At that point you have to look and see how seriously you think lebron and co can contend.

damn i guess its a wrap for the land

They still had to trade Bogut for a heavily protected 2nd. I'm sure the cavs could find those deals too. Might even get an asset for TT and shumpert.

Bogut was a solid defensive center and had like 1 year left at like 11M. TT has like 3 years left and is a damn garbage can. Shump I don't think would be that hard though.

Thought it was the players that moved to have a huge cap increase and the owners who were in favor of smoothing over several years?

Thought it was the players that moved to have a huge cap increase and the owners who were in favor of smoothing over several years?

You are right, for some reason I thought I read something about the owners voting on it. My bad.

damn i guess its a wrap for the land

It was a wrap when they appointed lebby GM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom