Official 2017 NBA Offseason Thread: Media Days begin

Status
Not open for further replies.
“They are not unbeatable,” Morey said of Golden State. “There have been bigger upsets in sports history. We are going to keep improving our roster.” […]

“We are used to long odds. If Golden State makes the odds longer, we might up our risk profile and get even more aggressive.

“We have something up our sleeve.”

Read more at http://www.slamonline.com/nba/daryl...g-up-our-sleeve-warriors/#Z4JUQEJaufcMhvSO.99

Realistically is there even anything Houston can do to fake compete with the warriors?

This is the quickest I can remember getting real off season chatter in a long time. Usually there's a week long Finals discussion and hangover
Nobody wants to discuss GSW winning because of the circumstance.

Like, Frisco is the only dude who mentions it, and that includes in my regular life outside NT.....nobody cares

This is the quickest I can remember getting real off season chatter in a long time. Usually there's a week long Finals discussion and hangover

Like, Frisco is the only dude who mentions it, and that includes in my regular life outside NT.....nobody cares
I'm inclined to agree. No one is talking about it, even the casuals. It's actually kinda sad. We just saw legit a top two basketball team ever by the numbers and no one cares.

“They are not unbeatable,” Morey said of Golden State. “There have been bigger upsets in sports history. We are going to keep improving our roster.” […]

“We are used to long odds. If Golden State makes the odds longer, we might up our risk profile and get even more aggressive.

“We have something up our sleeve.”

Read more at http://www.slamonline.com/nba/daryl...g-up-our-sleeve-warriors/#Z4JUQEJaufcMhvSO.99

Realistically is there even anything Houston can do to fake compete with the warriors?

Not with harden as their best player.

Prime Hakeem still available?

I'm inclined to agree. No one is talking about it, even the casuals. It's actually kinda sad. We just saw legit a top two basketball team ever by the numbers and no one cares.

It's just championship lull. I like those dudes and even I havent really talked about it much in my regular life. Only here, here and there. I think we're mostly all just talking about future possibility. What is there to really say about gsw that hasnt been said? They broke hella records and spanked ohio in quick form.

Theyll be on the radar again come preseason. Which really is just a few months away. Time flies.

Maybe we step back a little bit and slow it down for you because that seems to be a little necessary. To sign a free agent, you need cap space or to convince said player to take the league minimum, MLE, or MMLE. Both of which are tiny fractions of what a player like Hayward will be paid in free agency. Since they don't have cap space, they would have to convince him to take a 100M+ discount to play in the only place worse than salt lake. 99.99999999999999999999% chance of never happening.

You know what, I'm glad you didn't pay up. I would have felt bad after reading some of your dumb *** posts.

you're wrong...
there is 100% chance of that never happening.

I dont think the q will sell out if bron leaves so managment prob have no choice but to sign a blank check.

Here's another bit of info for you tonight...players can't just sign contracts for whatever the hell they want. There's a thing called a max contract that they can offer them as the top offer possible.

How old are you honestly?

I sometimes wonder how effective Shaq would be in today's game. With today's refs he would probably foul out every game just off offensive fouls alone :lol: dude used to just knock people on their *** then dunk it over them and the refs would be like [emoji]127997[/emoji]‍♂️

i feel as if the argument is getting old. let lord lebby live

it definitely has been old for a while

i just point out the inconsistencies and double standards in statements made regarding lebron.

i.e.

"lebron was a bad (GM) this year." ----- if he was a bad "GM" this year, he had to be Executive of the year last year right? it has to be both, cant be just one.

or

"lebron made a mistake co-signing to get TT and JR paid." ----- again, thats fine to think that. but, who else were you gonna co-sign to get paid? wasnt like the cavs had a choice between TT and JR or demarcus cousins and "the Klaw"

etc etc etc

Last edited:
I sometimes wonder how effective Shaq would be in today's game. With today's refs he would probably foul out every game just off offensive fouls alone
laugh.gif
dude used to just knock people on their *** then dunk it over them and the refs would be like [emoji]127997[/emoji]‍♂️
Lmaooo

cavs better be careful.... you gut the team and get players to bron liking , and he leaves next season,,, and you dont have a servicable team for the future.......... trade for george or melo, might be good for a year or 2, and then lebron leaves and you're left with kyrie leaving when his contract is done because the team is gutted in 2019

shaq would be god.
I go back and forth on Shaq in today's era. I mean on one hand you can see why he would be very good, but the amount of Pick and Rolls that teams run today, and the sheer usage of guards with PnR, it'd make it tough.

Like imagine Shaq trying to contain Pick and Roll with Lillard, or CP, or Steph(!) man. Centers are also a bit more active and athletic I think than they were back during Shaq's time, although not as talented skill wise which would pose a challenge for Shaq I think.

I'd love to see it.

cavs better be careful.... you gut the team and get players to bron liking , and he leaves next season,,, and you dont have a servicable team for the future.......... trade for george or melo, might be good for a year or 2, and then lebron leaves and you're left with kyrie leaving when his contract is done because the team is gutted in 2019
IMO (And this is just a theory, I have nothing to base this off of lol)

one of the main reasons why Dan Gilbert and David Griffin haven't come to terms yet is because of this.

Cavs are going to be a repeater tax team this season. Dan Gilbert isn't going to keep footing the bill and diving deeper and deeper into the tax to conform the team to LBJ's liking when LBJ at best has been non committal about finishing his career in Cleveland.

one of the main reasons why Dan Gilbert and David Griffin haven't come to terms yet is because of this.

Cavs are going to be a repeater tax team this season. Dan Gilbert isn't going to keep footing the bill and diving deeper and deeper into the tax to conform the team to LBJ's liking when LBJ at best has been non committal about finishing his career in Cleveland.

i feel gilbert and griffin.

GMs and owners need to start hard-lining these star players when it comes to signing extensions etc. the players have definitely held their franchises hostage in some cases forcing them to be luxury tax offenders in the name of winning.

its rough because before, a good amount of GMs and owners were ok with having a 1 star on a team, surrounding that star with average to mediocre players, selling out every game and making a second round exit with the occasional finals or conference finals trip.

gilbert should just say **** it we got cleveland a championship the warriors are too tough for the next several years no point

if philly gets fultz lebron bout sign with the sixers in 2018

Saw an 11 year old play dudes nickname is LeBron he's pretty good though. I don't understand some of the parents like c'mon bruh

i feel gilbert and griffin.

GMs and owners need to start hard-lining these star players when it comes to signing extensions etc. the players have definitely held their franchises hostage in some cases forcing them to be luxury tax offenders in the name of winning.

its rough because before, a good amount of GMs and owners were ok with having a 1 star on a team, surrounding that star with average to mediocre players, selling out every game and making a second round exit with the occasional finals or conference finals trip.

Thinking like this is why Durant plays for GSW now.

A front office has to spend a lil extra to keep a good team together, how awful must that be.

Thinking like this is why Durant plays for GSW now.

A front office has to spend a lil extra to keep a good team together, how awful must that be.

gsw ownership/front office is going to have to make the same decisions soon as well. especially because draymond green and klay will each be making 17-18mil thru 2019 and 2020. curry will be at 40mil+ per year and durant will be north of 30M if he takes less as he states he will. thats almost 120mil a year for not even your whole starting lineup.

they still have to pay AI and give livingston a substantial raise to stay. keeping zaza and david west will cost them between 5-10 mil a year.

the big question for ownership will be, pay the heavy tax to win? or come closer to the pack to make more money?

curry has been the real MVP for taking 12M and never saying a word about it.

he's the 4th highest paid on the team and only makes 900k more than AI

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom