Official 2017 NBA Offseason Thread: Media Days begin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Patterson is legit good, he should fire his agent.

Edit:

Adams, Patterson, George, Westbrook and maybe Roberson back with Kanter, Grant, McDermott, Abrines off the bench. Still need a backup PG, but Presti has had a good summer so far.

Lots of dudes are about to fire their agents, the Cavs and Warriors sweeping through the playoffs cost dudes millions

Gordon Hayward might be the most overrated player I've seen in a long time.  He is very very good but the coverage he's getting you'd think the Celtics got Kevin Durant or something
He was the top free agent on the market (excluding KD and Steph obviously). 

This is normal coverage for an acquisition of this magnitude. 

What proven players are we getting for the 28th and 33rd picks?

Not suggesting trading a single draft pick for a player. That would yield players like Lou Williams, PJ Tucker, and Bojan Bogdanovic at best. More like multiple picks plus players for player x or multiple picks to move into the lottery. Just feels like missed opportunities getting no return for recent draft picks.

No doubt next year's picks are highly valuable. Great signing in Hayward too.
But look at their recent draft history. Look at all the picks the last 4-5 years. Either package the picks and trade up in the draft or trade for a proven player. Now it looks like they have to let go of four recent draft picks to make room for Hayward. So they will have lost five recent draft picks for nothing.

• Rozier 2015 16th pick
  • Hunter 2015 28th pick
  • Young 2014 17th pick
  • Mickey 2014 33rd pick
  • Olynyk 2013 13th pick (acquired in a draft-day trade)

Eventually you just have to stop hoarding assets.
Agreed. Get rid of all of those players. Only cats that have showed me anything are Kelly and Terry, Rest haven't shown me anything or didnt get enough PT to show anything at all.

with otto getting the max, gordon for that deal looks like a steal
ainge saving the offseason. think his ultimate plan is waiting for bron's decline. think he is playing the long game :lol:

Last edited:
Not suggesting trading a single draft pick for a player. That would yield players like Lou Williams, PJ Tucker, and Bojan Bogdanovic at best. More like multiple picks plus players for player x or multiple picks to move into the lottery. Just feels like missed opportunities getting no return for recent draft picks.
Yeah I mean I get what you're saying, but everything is in the past now. I don't really have a problem with Danny taking a swing with the picks themselves, and I'm sure he's tried to trade up and whatnot but couldn't. Unfortunately, James Young was a bust, and Hunter and Mickey are both trash (happens all the time with picks in this range). Olynyk is a very solid role player off the bench, but that's really all he is. If I have to get rid of him in order to get Gordon Hayward (or any max level free agent), I'm not going to be all that upset. Rozier isn't going anywhere.

Last edited:
I'm definitely not about this argue this any further after this post...but out of curiosity, can those of you who believe that Hayward isn't top, name your list of 20 players better.

Last edited:
AD
Boogie
Jimmy
Giannis
Steph
Dray
Wall
PG
Kawhi
James harden
Russ
KD
IT
Lebron
Kyrie
Derozan
Lowry
Dame
CP3
Klay

All better than Gordon IMO

Last edited:
These contracts are crazy no way in hell im giving Otto porter 100 mil just so he can avg 11 points a game lol

I like to throw jabs at Ainge & the Celtics but besides the Warriors no other team in the league is in better shape.

Exactly.

People simply don't want to grasp how solid Boston is top to bottom the next several years.

They were in the Conference Finals, flipped the #1 for #3 and a Top 5 pick next year, to go with their other top 5 pick next year, then added Gordon Hayward, while the Pacers and Bulls will fall off even further.

If Bron does head out West next year or leaves Cleveland because of Gilbert, Boston becomes #1 in the East and it won't even be close.

Only team in better shape than them is Golden State, and they'll be payin 400 somethin million in salary/fees in 3 years. They could run out of gas after two years when those bills really kick in.

I like to throw jabs at Ainge & the Celtics but besides the Warriors no other team in the league is in better shape.

Exactly.

People simply don't want to grasp how solid Boston is top to bottom the next several years.

They were in the Conference Finals, flipped the #1 for #3 and a Top 5 pick next year, to go with their other top 5 pick next year, then added Gordon Hayward, while the Pacers and Bulls will fall off even further.

If Bron does head out West next year or leaves Cleveland because of Gilbert, Boston becomes #1 in the East and it won't even be close.

Only team in better shape than them is Golden State, and they'll be payin 400 somethin million in salary/fees in 3 years. They could run out of gas after two years when those bills really kick in.
Who is saying Boston isn't in a good position? They scammed the dumbest gm in NBA history and now they are reaping the benefits. I honestly haven't heard anyone say that Boston is not in good standing right now. Ainge just needs to trade some of these assets.

What I've learned the most from the new CBA agreement along with the salary cap increase is that timing is everything. Otto bout to be in NYC ******* all the gentrified thots with his bumpy faced ***. Congrats Otto!

Thing is, Ainge does not need to trade the picks.

Boston is at worst a 3 seed for the next 4 years & they have more lottery picks coming in. They're building for the future while also winning now.

**** Boston :smh: :smh:

Thing is, Ainge does not need to trade the picks.

Boston is at worst a 3 seed for the next 4 years & they have more lottery picks coming in. They're building for the future while also winning now.

**** Boston :smh: :smh:

Ding ding ding ding ding ding ding

Exactly.

While I agree and it makes me sick is... they gotta pay IT next summer and he'll kill them financially. On the flip side, they can stay young and not really be forced to pay anyone they don't want because they have picks and youngins

Whew.

Last edited:
given the value of a singular player in the NBA.. and also what it took to get jimmy and PG, I don't fully understand ainge

Boston had the ability to have both (adding these guys while still have future assets).. if they made the move to acquire Jimmy or PG, they would still have a ton of picks

Football I get hoarding picks and moving expendable guys when it becomes expedient, because you need to overturn the cheap labor

Even right now I see Boston lacking the tier guy needed to win.. they have a lot of nice complementary guys

But if I were in ainge's shoes, I would have been looking to move the 3rd pick, brown, Avery and smart in a potential deal.. some I would have moved just so someone else carries that burden of paying them a ton

Given the money being thrown around, crowder is cheap.. and then you still have all those future picks

Also a bunch of lottery picks aren't a guarantee of anything, see the magic

nets are the trolls of the nba... forever signing a RFA to a ridiculous contract and forcing their old team to match :lol:

Not a bad strategy... Find guys that team somewhat need to match... Max them and force that team to either lose the guy for nothing or have teams that are better than them strap themselves cap wise going forward until they do a complete reset.

Worst case scenario is they don't match, Nets get a decent young player, and the contract really has no bearing or hindrance on them building a team

Last edited:
Not like any big time free agent going to Brooklyn anyway.

Only ways to acquire talent is to overpay and hope teams don't match... or take on bad deals packaged with young talent

Money's gotta be spend right :lol:

Not like any big time free agent going to Brooklyn anyway.

Only ways to acquire talent is to overpay and hope teams don't match... or take on bad deals packaged with young talent

Money's gotta be spend right :lol:

Local is starting to become a negated factor in Free Agency. All about how stable can you make your organization look.

Sean Marks hasn't done too bad with what Billie King gave him. Huge hill to climb though.

-Traded Mason Plumlee to get Rondae Hollis-Jefferson
-Traded Thad Young for Caris LeVert & a future 2nd
-Traded Bogdanovic (good, but not on same timeline) and got Jarrett Allen
-Traded Brook Lopez for Russell and eat Moz's deal

All guys who were not long term pieces.

Also apparently have some interest in Jamychal Green, likely send Trevor Booker out for him

Where there issue is, it's a team that is drafting like it's a 6-8seed, minus one down year (in terms of where they draft at). When they are at the bottom. That's what's holding them back. They are now run very well, but the damage is done. Have to scramble to put together enough young prospects and let it gel

Last edited:
Nets would be in such a good position if they didn't do that stupid trade lmao

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom