Official 2017 NBA Offseason Thread: Media Days begin

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's hilarious because how the hell were old *** KG & PP worth essentially 4 - 1st rounders. :lol:

I get 2014 - 1st, even would understand 2016. But the pick swap in 2017 and outright in 2018 is just not knowing what you're doing.

The wait out Lebron strategy Boston is cool if it works out for them. I still think it's scared money.

The wait out Lebron strategy Boston is cool if it works out for them. I still think it's scared money.

How long exactly are they doing this waiting out?

Horford is 31

Bradley, Thomas, smart and olynyk are due for new contracts in the next 2 seasons

How long exactly are they doing this waiting out?

Horford is 31

Bradley, Thomas, smart and olynyk are due for new contracts in the next 2 seasons

As long as they want to I guess. At the end of the day it's still hoping that one of these draft picks turn into a big time guy.

waiting out lebron could get them into the finals, but ultimately won't yield any championships if the warriors core four stay together. gordon hayward is a great pick up and will at least give the celts a chance at beating the cavs. but short of Paul George leaving OKC after next year and joining the celts, gordon hayward doesn't move the needle at all when it comes to an eastern conference team beating the warriors.

i mean this ******* team dismantled the cavs in 5 games. even with bron playing at super saiyan levels

waiting out lebron could get them into the finals, but ultimately won't yield any championships if the warriors core four stay together. gordon hayward is a great pick up and will at least give the celts a chance at beating the cavs. but short of Paul George leaving OKC after next year and joining the celts, gordon hayward doesn't move the needle at all when it comes to an eastern conference team beating the warriors.

i mean this ******* team dismantled the cavs in 5 games. even with bron playing at super saiyan levels

"Waiting out Lebron" :lol:

What about the juggernaut out West?

Keep building Ainge! Porter and Ayton next year :smokin

I mean Lebron can be out of the east in a year. Clearly Ainge is doing it differently than some of the others around the league.

Minnesota went in and got a heavy hitter.
OKC wanted to do right by their best player and took a risk on a big time guy, Houston included. Some teams in the west aren't just gonna lay down & concede to the Warriors just because they have 4 all NBA level players even if their teams still aren't good enough to beat em.

If Boston wants to build on the fly while letting the current incarnation get their heads bashed in by Lebron & the Cavs then that's their right to do so. It's more than one good way to build a good team.

Horford is 31 years old...I would offer Horford, Bradley (or Smart), Jaylen Brown and Brooklyn's pick next year for AD.

Last edited:
**** billy king for ruining the franchise I root for that bastard.

But props to Sean Marks for doing everything he can to turn lemons into lemonade.

Last edited:
Thing is, Ainge does not need to trade the picks.

Boston is at worst a 3 seed for the next 4 years & they have more lottery picks coming in. They're building for the future while also winning now.

**** Boston :smh: :smh:

the-wolf-of-causeway.gif

nets are the trolls of the nba... forever signing a RFA to a ridiculous contract and forcing their old team to match
laugh.gif
Charge it to da game.
laugh.gif

No one put a gun to Portland's head and told them to match Crabbe. 

No one made Riley and the Heat owner match Tyler Johnson's deal with $18M in his last year.

Nets is busting up other teams salary is a good strategy. They have nothing but time and money. Some other teams not so much.

Great offseason thus far for the Celtics,

From Olynyk to Zizic
From Smart to Tatum
From Jerebko to Hayward

We still need a rebounder who could stretch the floor tho :rolleyes

Last edited:
Nets is busting up other teams salary is a good strategy. They have nothing but time and money. Some other teams not so much.
Totally. Its not like they are planning to contend any time soon. Once they start getting control of their picks back I hope they're still bad enough to where they will tank. Tanking is the best way to go IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom