Official 2017 NBA Offseason Thread: Media Days begin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even if they don't trade Otto...it's not like he's a bum that you're stuck with. He's 24 and still improving. The 2nd half of last season should dictate how you move with him going forward.

So after how badly that Otto and Gortat performed towards the end of this past season you think that the Pelicans will trade one of the best big men in the league who they just traded for last deadline just because it would help the Wizards?

Pretty damn positive they could fetch some better offers for Cousins and AD considering it's not a volatile situation there and neither are about to be unrestricted free agents.

Aye, I can dream :lol:

Porter and Morris would be more realistic. I just want Gortat gone though.

The Celtics will be more competitive with the Cavs in that they might only lose 4-2 instead of barely losing 4-1.

I'm so hype right now - words cannot explain! Welcome to the family, Gordon! 8)

Gordon is Boston's biggest free agent signing in club history! We can now take the Cavs to 7 games with a healthy roster. Gordon knew they couldnt get past OKC, SAS, HOU or GSW. He'd be running in place in the West. Come over and ring chase with Boston and get to the ECF's become a perennial all star and make your name in Boston.

What is the point of grabbing Gordon, if your gonna' trade away one of your main assets? You can't take one step forward to take two steps back. Trading Bradley, Crowder, or Marcus would be indeed, stupid. Get rid of James Young, Terry Rozier, Jordan Mickey, Kelly Olynyk, and Amir is already gone. We should have enough money to give Gordon and still be under the cap. Why the hell did Danny give Alfed $113?! :frown:

Celtics still haven't done anything with their assets :lol:. They're going to have to start releasing the players they used all those draft picks on over the years.

Celtics still haven't done anything with their assets :lol:. They're going to have to start releasing the players they used all those draft picks on over the years.
They drafted their wings of the future. Next year they'll have 2 top 5 picks to add to that.

The Danny Ainge sucks narrative is being over blown. I was killing him for not being able to land the big fish, everything else I was in support of. Now he's landed the big fish. There's nothing left to criticize

Gordon Hayward might be the most overrated player I've seen in a long time.  He is very very good but the coverage he's getting you'd think the Celtics got Kevin Durant or something

The Danny Ainge sucks narrative is being over blown. I was killing him for not being able to land the big fish, everything else I was in support of. Now he's landed the big fish. There's nothing left to criticize
Gordon Hayward
Big Fish

Pick uno

Last edited:
No doubt next year's picks are highly valuable. Great signing in Hayward too.

But look at their recent draft history. Look at all the picks the last 4-5 years. Either package the picks and trade up in the draft or trade for a proven player. Now it looks like they have to let go of four recent draft picks to make room for Hayward. So they will have lost five recent draft picks for nothing.

• Rozier 2015 16th pick
  • Hunter 2015 28th pick
  • Young 2014 17th pick
  • Mickey 2014 33rd pick
  • Olynyk 2013 13th pick (acquired in a draft-day trade)

Eventually you just have to stop hoarding assets.

No doubt next year's picks are highly valuable. Great signing in Hayward too.
But look at their recent draft history. Look at all the picks the last 4-5 years. Either package the picks and trade up in the draft or trade for a proven player. Now it looks like they have to let go of four recent draft picks to make room for Hayward. So they will have lost five recent draft picks for nothing.

• Rozier 2015 16th pick
  • Hunter 2015 28th pick
  • Young 2014 17th pick
  • Mickey 2014 33rd pick
  • Olynyk 2013 13th pick (acquired in a draft-day trade)

Eventually you just have to stop hoarding assets.
What proven players are we getting for the 28th and 33rd picks?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom