Official 2017 NBA Offseason Thread: Media Days begin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lakers are basically trotting out a Summer League roster to play an entire NBA season. My only worry is that their pick might come up #1 because they are so bad.

How many teams going to be worse than the Lakers and Nets?

The fate of the entire rebuild hinges on it, doesn't it?

giphy.gif

**** billy king for ruining the franchise I root for that bastard.

But props to Sean Marks for doing everything he can to turn lemons into lemonade.

Prok wanted to win now. He wanted big names. He's the culprit. He clearly didn't really understand the sport when he took over, he was just incredibly rich :lol:

Lakers are basically trotting out a Summer League roster to play an entire NBA season. My only worry is that their pick might come up #1 because they are so bad.

Yup they are for sure going to be the worst team in the league next year unless they do something major before the season starts. I think they do nothing but add a vet or two like Rondo, Waiters or Crawford though.

Magic is sticking it to the Celtics to be as bad as possible this year :lol:

Last edited:
Prok wanted to win now. He wanted big names. He's the culprit. He clearly didn't really understand the sport when he took over, he was just incredibly rich
laugh.gif
I'm surprised he's still the owner lol. I thought the moment they began tanking, he'd sell off the franchise.

@ChrisMannixYS
Wizards messing w/Nets wouldn't surprise me. Teams with RFA's have been less than happy w/Brooklyn tossing around huge offer sheets.

Teams kind of set themselves up for this... They half *** it with RFAs. Wizards didn't have any damn money in the first place, getting a Porter deal done ASAP would have likely saved them money.

Instead they let Porter go off and look for the highest bidder, forcing the Wizards to eat that salary.

Last edited:
Eh Nets did the right move.

At the very least, if they match. WIzards will be a luxury tax team immediately... They will be one next year as well, and then will be one coming into 2019 when they have to pay Wall $30mil a year. It caps the Wizards talent wise, and prevents them from adding any major talent

$25mil - Beal (4 years)
$25mil - Porter (4 years)
$19mil - Wall (2 years) / $30mil after
$16mil - Mahinmi (3 years)
all that money tied up to lose in the Eastern conference semis

I think the league got better this off-season. What we saw was essentially the consolidation of talent.

Butler/PG were going nowhere fast on those teams. Hayward had no chance of getting out of the west in that offense. CP tapped out the potential of that Clippers team.

Now we have three teams that were already good become more serious threats to the thrones in the east and west. The west itself just became a lot more entertaining and that will reflect in the regular and post-season especially. Not saying the Wolves or Thunder are serious threats to the Warriors, but I think the Thunder will get a game out of the regular season series and the games will be more competitive.

Houston will be very interesting to watch. If their shooters can be consistent against GS than that matchup is a lot more intriguing to me.

And Boston now has a legit chance to scare the Cats. Do I think they could knock them off in 7? Eh, I don't know. Given a healthy IT, adding Hayward, Jaylen Brown has a year under his belt after and impressive rookie playoff campaign, and whatever Tatum can add. It'll be a lot more interesting this time around.

Plus you have the bottom of the east playoff slots getting shook up. We know MIL/TOR/CLE/BOS/WAS will take the top 5 spots, but now the bottom 3 should have all new faces.

'17-'18 will be fun.

@ChrisMannixYS
Wizards messing w/Nets wouldn't surprise me. Teams with RFA's have been less than happy w/Brooklyn tossing around huge offer sheets.

Teams kind of set themselves up for this... They half *** it with RFAs. Wizards didn't have any damn money in the first place, getting a Porter deal done ASAP would have likely saved them money.

Instead they let Porter go off and look for the highest bidder, forcing the Wizards to eat that salary.
Again, charge it to the game.

The Cavs reign isn't lasting forever. They didn't get younger and haven't addressed that awful defense.

It could end this year

This matters less to Brooklyn than it would other teams though. Tying up their cap for six days isnt really going to hurt them, they have no major plans.
They don't have any major plans, but I do think they would like to sign a free agent or two, and they now only have about $10M to play around with for the next week while Porter is technically on their books.
I read the opposite though. This was all they were intending to do. Even if so there is a FA they miss on it won't kill them. They're in the dumps for the foreseeable future.

The Cavs reign isn't lasting forever. They didn't get younger and haven't addressed that awful defense.

It could end this year

I would be more inclined to stockpile and plan towards about 4 seasons from now because of the warriors

But that's just me

It could end this year

Unless Bron slows down, they aren't getting challenged. Even with that awful defense they annihilated Boston. Hayward ain't changing that by himself.

exactly what have the Cavs done to get better?

They beat Boston by a combined 100 points in all of the games in Boston.

They're way ahead of the conference right now. Healthy Zeke and now Hayward don't close that gap.

They've just given themselves a chance if Kyrie breaks down, which is a real possibility

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom