Official 2017 NBA Offseason Thread: Media Days begin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Instead of losing to the Cavs by 40, the Celtics will now lose by 20.
I'd love to tally how many times this rhetoric has been reiterated
laugh.gif

Please come up with something new guy.

The Cavs reign isn't lasting forever. They didn't get younger and haven't addressed that awful defense.

It could end this year

Unless Bron slows down, they aren't getting challenged. Even with that awful defense they annihilated Boston. Hayward ain't changing that by himself.

But it's not just Hayward. Assuming Zeke is healthy and in a different mindset, he'll be bettter. They've added depth.

They need a 4 man but they can go small and be fine.

The Cavs reign isn't lasting forever. They didn't get younger and haven't addressed that awful defense.

It could end this year
Unless Bron slows down, they aren't getting challenged. Even with that awful defense they annihilated Boston. Hayward ain't changing that by himself.
Thompson and Love are the reason they dominated the Celtics
You right. Who stat line is this tho? 

But it's not just Hayward. Assuming Zeke is healthy and in a different mindset, he'll be bettter. They've added depth.

Different mindset?

Bron is still going to be on the floor 40+ minutes and that's all that matters. The gap between the Cavs and the Celtics is still as wide as the gap between the Dubs and Cavs.

They beat Boston by a combined 100 points in all of the games in Boston.

They're way ahead of the conference right now. Healthy Zeke and now Hayward don't close that gap.

They've just given themselves a chance if Kyrie breaks down, which is a real possibility

I think the gap will be a lot closer than a lot of folks think

exactly what have the Cavs done to get better?

Cavs can wait til the deadline and basically sell off their future.. everyone knows they suck post lebron, essentially pull a nets

I'm saying this without knowing if cavs have already traded away future picks

Last edited:
My goodness, it's ok not to like Lebron, but to deny his talent is just straight denial. Cape for your team all you want, but Boston even with their offseason moves don't pose a threat to Lebron and the Cavs with the same roster. Hayward nice, but not that nice. Unless Lebron injures himself or a main tier player gets injured, I don't see the Cavs not facing GSW again in the NBA Finals for an fourth showdown for redemption. With part five being the last one for good times sake in 18-19 season IF Lebron doesn't leave next year. (But I don't understand why he'd go to a loaded WC, unless it was to link up with some homies/banana boat crew on a team).

It could end this year

View media item 2484040

View media item 2484045

Yup they are for sure going to be the worst team in the league next year unless they do something major before the season starts. I think they do nothing but add a vet or two like Rondo, Waiters or Crawford though.

Magic is sticking it to the Celtics to be as bad as possible this year
laugh.gif
No way the Lakers are worse than the nets, but agreed they are going to be a bottom 5 team.

Boston can beat the Cavs with their bench

that is their chance

Nah they can't.. I think they could have with IT, Hayward, horford and then jimmy or PG

Don't think they would win more than 1 or 2 vs warriors, but they might be able to take out the cavs

It could end this year

Basically the whole team ****** yall up 
laugh.gif
 . Not just Love and Ear Ring Backs 

Last edited:

Different mindset?

Bron is still going to be on the floor 40+ minutes and that's all that matters. The gap between the Cavs and the Celtics is still as wide as the gap between the Dubs and Cavs.

Different mindset = looming death of his sister. I know he played well in the second round but we truly didn't know where his head was at or the toll it took.

Fact is, the Cavs can't really improve and the Celtics did. Cavs of course will still be favored but it'll be far more competitive

What have the Celtics really done to make themselves better than the Cavs?

Lebron is still better than anyone on the cavs.

At this point im taking Kyrie over IT.

The Celtics drafted another SF to play the minutes of the SF they drafted last year and signed another SF.

The celtics are still weak as hell down low.

The celtics still arent better than the Cavs.  It took a lucky *** shot to win one game last year.  Gordon Hayward isnt single handedly closing that gap.  Not to mention that Cetlics team probably would have gotten washed by the bulls had Rondo not gotten hurt.

Different mindset = looming death of his sister. I know he played well in the second round but we truly didn't know where his head was at or the toll it took.

Fact is, the Cavs can't really improve and the Celtics did. Cavs of course will still be favored but it'll be far more competitive

Is he going to all of a sudden become not a liability on defense?

I already said they'll cut the margin of defeat in half, but still lose in 5.

I dont care if the Celtics added Gordon Hayward, Gordon Ramsey heck Commisioner Gordon...they are not stopping the Cavs.

Put the narcotics down.

Literally only way the C's get to the ECF is if Wiz and Cavs have major injuries. Outside of that Celtics fans ain't even betting on getting to the Finals. If so, 
nerd.gif

What have the Celtics really done to make themselves better than the Cavs?

Lebron is still better than anyone on the cavs.

At this point im taking Kyrie over IT.

The Celtics drafted another SF to play the minutes of the SF they drafted last year and signed another SF.

The celtics are still weak as hell down low.

The celtics still arent better than the Cavs.  It took a lucky *** shot to win one game last year.  Gordon Hayward isnt single handedly closing that gap.  Not to mention that Cetlics team probably would have gotten washed by the bulls had Rondo not gotten hurt.

So the tragedy of IT's sister had no affect on the team?

Is he going to all of a sudden become not a liability on defense?

I already said they'll cut the margin of defeat in half, but still lose in 5.

Him being a liability on defense is and has been wildly overblown. Lebron and Love werethe difference makers and you can always hide him on whoever is playing the 2.

But yes, rebounding is still the biggest issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom