Official 2017 NBA Offseason Thread: Media Days begin

Status
Not open for further replies.
That Melo graphic has more to do with how garbage his teammates were.

If he had a Cp3/Deandre, Westbrook/Harden/Ibaka, Curry/Klay, etc things would be completely different.
That Melo graphic also shows how garbage his teammates were.

If he had a Cp3/Deandre, Westbrook/Harden/Ibaka, Curry/Klay, hell even Jrue Holiday that record wouldnt be so bad.

Ehhh, we don't know that

You telling me if he played with Cp3 + Deandre, Westbrook/Ibaka, or the Warriors his record would be this bad? You're smarter than that.

Kevin Love & Dwight Howard will make it. The stands are pretty low TBH.

Michael Jordan and Love/Howard wouldn't eat at the same table 
laugh.gif

This is in comparison to other HOFs that have a logjam at talent getting in.
Lmao we have this discussion all the time but it's never not ridiculous when people talk about Dwight like this.

Low standards, even though He's a NBA finalist, 8x all star, 8x all nba player, 3x defensive player of the year, 4x all d first team,

when it comes to HOF he's RIGHT at the table.

basketball hof is cheeks. anybody even associated with basketball is in it. i think the cast of space jam is in there.

You telling me if he played with Cp3 + Deandre, Westbrook/Ibaka, or the Warriors his record would be this bad? You're smarter than that.
We could assume that his record would be better, but there's no guarantee that he makes deep playoff runs or anything like that is what I'm saying.

laugh.gif

Has Dwight Howard had a worse career than Melo when you really think about it?  He has more individual accolades and has carried his team further in the playoffs.

IDK about Kevin Love though.

1% of everyone who aspires to play pro basketball actually make it to the NBA. 1% of that 1% actually go on to have hall of fame worthy careers.

Carmelo belongs to that group. Saying his career was a disappointment literally makes no sense.

Contrived narratives get in the way of common sense for some of ya'll. 
It's very obvious I was taking about his career compared to early expectations in the NBA, not in the scheme of life.  Are you just creating a strawman or are you really foolish enough to think I would mean that?

OKC needs to rebrand badly. Jersey is so ugly.

@WavyCrockett I know you see Bryn Forbes out there cooking. Summer league mvp.

Yessir. Dude is fun as hell to watch. That trey ball is for real. He could be a Seth Curry type producer. Dude can't defend a lick though....but he lightning it up.

Got a quick first step now....and a crazy right hand, off balance floater going left. Offensive arsenal is there.

Spurs gon Spurs...

basketball hof is cheeks. anybody even associated with basketball is in it. i think the cast of space jam is in there. (idk about this though 
laugh.gif
)
This.

laugh.gif

Has Dwight Howard had a worse career than Melo when you really think about it?  He has more individual accolades and has carried his team further in the playoffs.

IDK about Kevin Love though.
No Dwight has had a better career IMO, but I think Dwight span of being elite from 2008-2012 is kinda short..... but that's just me

Last edited:

It's very obvious I was taking about his career compared to early expectations in the NBA, not in the scheme of life.  Are you just creating a strawman or are you really foolish enough to think I would mean that?
That isn't the "scheme of life". 

I'm speaking within the schematics of professional athletes period.

What the **** are "early expectations"? Do guys get drafted with a pre-determined set of expectations or something? Don't we judge them based on what they've done?

You cannot point to Carmelo's resume and say that the guy ISN'T one of the best players of his generation. The only people that do are the ones that have some sort of personal vendettas against these guys. 

Last edited:

This.

No Dwight has had a better career IMO, but I think Dwight span of being elite from 2008-2012 is kinda short..... but that's just me
It's really short, but Dwight has had a weird career.  Includes 3 consecutive DPOY, a finals appearance, and what should have been an MVP award though.

For the record I think both Dwight and Melo are HOFers.  For all my problems with Melo he does deserve to be in based on current basketball HOF standards, plus his college title.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom