Official 2017 NBA Offseason Thread: Media Days begin

Status
Not open for further replies.

I don't have my own special measuring stick that quantifies what decorated is.

Based on the same METRICS that all athletes get judged on indivually...personal accolades and accomplishments...has he had a decorated career?

This really isn't rocket science here. 
Obviously.

Rocket Science seems to be you understanding that I called him disappointing compared to his perceived peers in the NBA and the expectations of his early career not the world of athletics.

I'm giving up though.

Last edited:
Melo isn't the generational talent Lebron, Dirk, or Durant are. His NBA comparison was Big Dog coming in.

Hmmm idk...is melo not a generational talent? size and speed? footwork? shooting ability. dude was unguardable in 09-10. I'd say that's pretty rare.

All offensive talents about him. Not the efficiency of a dirk or a KD. Not a playmaker like Wade or Lebron.

He's had a great career. He's always been a tier 2 guy

Melo isn't the generational talent Lebron, Dirk, or Durant are. His NBA comparison was Big Dog coming in.

Hmmm idk...is melo not a generational talent? size and speed? footwork? shooting ability. dude was unguardable in 09-10. I'd say that's pretty rare.

All offensive talents about him. Not the efficiency of a dirk or a KD. Not a playmaker like Wade or Lebron.

He's had a great career. He's always been a tier 2 guy

agreed.

But apparently this is a disappointment because he had an imaginary "tier 1" expectation label put on him by an imaginary committee of people who's opinions are law. 
If you agree that Melo is a tier 2 star and Big Dog is a good comparison then we have nothing to argue about.

I've seen plenty here and elsewhere argue otherwise but if you haven't heard that who am I to say you should have.

Last edited:
Melo is the modern day Dominque.

The fact that they're from the same city and have almost identical numbers is crazy.

If you agree that Melo is a tier 2 star and Big Dog is a good comparison then we have nothing to argue about.

I've seen plenty here and elsewhere argue otherwise but if you haven't heard that who am I to say you should have.
So, because he's not a tier 1 star like the Bron/MJ/Kobe/Magic/Bird, he's not HOF worthy? I feel like that's what you're saying.

I'm simply looking at this from a big picture perspective.

Tier 1 - Tier 2 - Tier 3...ALL still sit at the TOP of the NBA. 

I'm simply looking at this from a big picture perspective.

Tier 1 - Tier 2 - Tier 3...ALL still sit at the TOP of the NBA. 
Yeah, sure.  Obviously.  You're right, but that isn't even tangentially related to the point I was making before.

Cursed by the body that was his blessing, Greg Oden is headed back to Ohio State
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...was-blessing-greg-oden-headed-back-ohio-state

Read this the other day. Sad as hell man. I'm glad dude is in the process of turning things around and finding new meaning. I didn't even realize he went through a bout of alcoholism and addiction.

Never knew about his alcoholism and addiction either. Def kept that tightly under wraps. All I saw was the on the court pain and nothing else

The basketball HOF aint exactly the hardest to get into, enough already 
laugh.gif

Shams Charania: Free agent Thabo Sefolosha has agreed to a two-year, $10.5M deal with the Utah Jazz, league sources tell The Vertical. – via

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom