Official 2017 NBA Offseason Thread: Media Days begin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holding Melo hostage is not good business for the Knicks.

You run the risk of pissing of your 2017 lottery pick's agent.

At the end of the day it's a players league.

They're coming

Screen Shot 2017-07-18 at 8.21.22 PM.png

Holding Melo hostage is not good business for the Knicks.

You run the risk of pissing of your 2017 lottery pick's agent.

At the end of the day it's a players league.

He signed a contract, let him honor it. It's understandable that Phil's reverse Psych greatly misfired but getting Melo off the books next season should be more important that taking in bad contracts, for players that aren't going to fit in with the team anyways.

IF Noah is healthy next season, and Carmelo could find it within himself to focus on winning, the Knicks have a nice fitting roster that should be able to make the playoffs next season. Sure they still need a PG even if Frank is the goods

I don't understand how he turns the Rockets into contenders if they can't keep Ariza and Capela

Until prospects stop working out for you and the only way to get FA's is to overpay. Like I said it's a players league.

Until prospects stop working out for you and the only way to get FA's is to overpay. Like I said it's a players league.

There's too many jobs in the NBA for that to happen, Knicks were going to have to do that regardless. Just look at Philly. As far as prospects, they can still draft them without workouts.

Even so they still had the option to take him. That's on Hinke. Melo once again is trying to have his cake and eat it too. The Knicks have to do what's best for their organization in the long term. Nothing else matters.

Last edited:
Teams rarely draft players they didn't work out. Especially in the lottery

Bad organizations do sometimes, but if any competent one does their due diligence throughout the draft process, a workout shouldn't ever be a determining factor. That's where you're scouting department and all come into play.

And as for Melo, I don't think outside of the BBC he has THAT much influence in the league that will somehow cause irreparable harm to the new regime of the Knicks. That's going to be there anyway cause their owner is a nincompoop. Phil tried everything possible to get him to waive his NTC but pride wouldn't let him do it and now the pool of suitors has shrank to almost nothing, Knicks can't just take a bad deal just to please Melo.

He signed a contract, let him honor it. It's understandable that Phil's reverse Psych greatly misfired but getting Melo off the books next season should be more important that taking in bad contracts, for players that aren't going to fit in with the team anyways.

IF Noah is healthy next season, and Carmelo could find it within himself to focus on winning, the Knicks have a nice fitting roster that should be able to make the playoffs next season. Sure they still need a PG even if Frank is the goods

I don't understand how he turns the Rockets into contenders if they can't keep Ariza and Capela

Lmaooooooo

INSERT CAMRON GIF

If a player didn't or worse refused to work out for you, then yeah you shouldn't draft him. Risk getting into a Steve Francis situation.

Jahlil Okafor didn't work out for the Sixers either...so that's not the reason they took him over KP.

Not to mention most players hold open workouts for teams anyways. Okafor didn't do a private workout for the Sixers, but they were still able to attend a workout

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom