Official 2017 NBA Offseason Thread: Media Days begin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure why not. The point still remains that less than one percent of NBA players are truly judged by the ridiculous notion that they must win a championship in order to have their career validated.

Bro nobody was even saying that their careers won't be validated unless they win a championship, I just said I'd like to see them play for a contending team at some point in their careers.

Ichiro was one of my favorite baseball players ever....I didn't enjoy him not even making the playoffs his entire Mariners career besides his rookie year.

Mannix said the Celtics have the capability of putting together a hard-to-turn-down offer, especially if the lottery luck continues with the Nets and Lakers picks the C’s own. “If you’re the Pelicans, they’re going to be very few offers that make you pause for Anthony Davis,” Mannix said. “Spin it forward to next June and the let’s say ping-pong balls fall Boston’s way. The Nets are bad, let’s say they’re number one. The Lakers land in the two through five range. Let’s say they wind up at three. “One and three and Jayson Tatum?” Mannix theorized. “That’s going to be hard for New Orleans to turn down.”

“It’s reasonable to think that he will want out and that his people will start pressing to get him out,” Beck said. “If you’re the Boston Celtics and you’re still sitting on that cache of picks and players, you are sitting so perfectly to make that kind of deal.

– via CSNNE.com

With the way it hasnt been working in New Orleans and ADs injury history, the Pelicans need to seriously consider this trade asap.

They wont get anything better.

Celts definitely have the most to potentially offer New Orleans if the Pelicans did want to actually go that route. I just don't really see the path for the Pelicans to get all that much better over the next couple years with the contracts that they have on the books. Having AD under contract for several more years is great, but if they want to actually get better, getting a package of multiple high level prospects might be the best way to do it.

Celts definitely have the most to potentially offer New Orleans if the Pelicans did want to actually go that route. I just don't really see the path for the Pelicans to get all that much better over the next couple years with the contracts that they have on the books. Having AD under contract for several more years is great, but if they want to actually get better, getting a package of multiple high level prospects might be the best way to do it.

If the Pels do make that trade, wow lmao. They'd end up building around Jrue Holiday, cause you know Boogie would be gone after that

They do need to reset for sure, but it should start with management, when you get a franchise altering talent like AD and screw it up this much, you just gotta go.

If the Pels do make that trade, wow lmao. They'd end up building around Jrue Holiday, cause you know Boogie would be gone after that

That much money for that many years is disgusting....

But they won't build around Jrue. He will just be that guy in a losing team but gets paid anyway. The rebuild will be around the picks, not Jrue.

So basically two teams who have zero incentive to tank just have to lose more games than the rest of the league including a few teams that just lost franchise players in what is considered a loaded draft. Seems legit

They need to do it. You're gonna lose him for nothing. If there's anything to be learned from Danny Ainge it's that you don't let guys walk for nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom