Official 2017 NBA Offseason Thread: Media Days begin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eh Melo is gonna lose anyways why not lose further down the line. Cleveland has a much better tax rate. NYC taxes are robbery.

Rose
Melo
Bron
Love
TT

It's ugly, but still far and away the best team in the East. I think Dan would actually be fine with this if he could get one pick, he gets to do a hard reset and not have to have a 200 million dollar payroll after next season.

That may be the worst defensive team in the league

oh yea ursher was on the wave too. I think he was more of a follower tho. I dont think he ignited any of the trends. but i guess if dudes start leaking absinthe out of their dongs, he'll get major props for being ahead of the curve.
Damn why you have to hit Usher with that gut punch. LMAO.

Regarding Kyrie I know he wants Spurs but would you trade him for IT and 2018 first round pick and 2019 first round pick. I mean the writing is on the wall Cleveland better get to rebuilding, worst outcome IT bolts after the contract is up.

Kyrie wants to get out of LeBrona shadow and run his own team? But states that san Antonio and Minnesota are preferred destinations...

With the way the game is played now... Does defense still win championships?

Would the Big 4 Detroit Squad of early 2000 be a top 3 seed in the East last season?

Defensive schemes were way more advanced than iso offense.

After the Nash Suns era, offensive schemes quickly caught up and now you gotta be both top ten in offense and defense to win championships.

Kyrie wants to get out of LeBrona shadow and run his own team? But states that san Antonio and Minnesota are preferred destinations...
Minny, sucks if you Jeff Teague. LMAO. He just ain't trying to get stuck in Cleveland holding the bag when LeBron leaves

Rose
Melo
Bron
Love
TT

It's ugly, but still far and away the best team in the East. I think Dan would actually be fine with this if he could get one pick, he gets to do a hard reset and not have to have a 200 million dollar payroll after next season.

You on one.

One...It would be a miracle if Rose were to hold up through a playoff run. You're also asking alot out of 33 year old Lebron James to guard the best opposing player again...because in that line you just gave...who the hell else is going to?

In a league all about shooting now...you putting Bron on the floor with Rose and Melo? ehh...east or not....ehh.

Say what you want about Boston, IT is giving that lineup at least 30 a night in a series.

With the way the game is played now... Does defense still win championships?

Would the Big 4 Detroit Squad of early 2000 be a top 3 seed in the East last season?

With the way the rules have castrated the defense, you basically can't be a shutdown defense anymore.

It's basically a switch everything and stay in front of everybody and make as many shots tough on the offense as possible.

Imo, some form of the hands check needs to come back.

That KD swim thru move needs to be eliminated and travels and carrying needs to finally be called.

Kyrie asking to go to the Spurs Does he know that Pop is going to expect him to play defense and take high percentage shots?

If they actually land Melo and Bledsoe while signing rose to a one year deal to come off the bench, then they're in very good shape.

You on one.

One...It would be a miracle if Rose were to hold up through a playoff run. You're also asking alot out of 33 year old Lebron James to guard the best opposing player again...because in that line you just gave...who the hell else is going to?

In a league all about shooting now...you putting Bron on the floor with Rose and Melo? ehh...east or not....ehh.

Say what you want about Boston, IT is giving that lineup at least 30 a night in a series.

And IT is going to give up 35 a night. It doesn't matter the fit, Boston isn't good enough to compete yet. And they lost their best defender as well to boot. Cavs would get swept in the Finals, but they'd run through the East on firepower alone like they did this past season.

'Winning is overrated'

-Kyrie Irving
Really don't understand it. He gets all the shots in the world, sees single coverage, and can play his natural SG position. Bron leaves next year and Kyrie can get even more shots.

Rose
Melo
Bron
Love
TT

Yikes.

Pedestrian 3 point shooting and a bunch a guys who haven't played defense for the past several seasons.

It's more of an indictment of the East than it would be a superlative of the Cavs, but it is what it is. Hoping it happens though so these Rockets fans can cool their jets as well.

Imo, some form of the hands check needs to come back.
Yeah bring back SOME form of handcheck guards basically have you at their mercy. Almost like you playing from behind every time.
Kyrie asking to go to the Spurs Does he know that Pop is going to expect him to play defense and take high percentage shots?
I think in Pops system Kyrie would be incredible, you don't have a high percentage shot then pass the rock. Stop trying to force it, true he might not be as flashy breaking defenders down but I think in Pops system he will have more in the tank.

And IT is going to give up 35 a night. It doesn't matter the fit, Boston isn't good enough to compete yet. And they lost their best defender as well to boot. Cavs would get swept in the Finals, but they'd run through the East on firepower alone like they did this past season.

To WHO?

Derrick Rose?

Really don't understand it. He gets all the shots in the world, sees single coverage, and can play his natural SG position. Bron leaves next year and Kyrie can get even more shots.

Yikes.

Pedestrian 3 point shooting and a bunch a guys who haven't played defense for the past several seasons.

I'm saying. How are we overlooking something this drastic based on the East being "weak"?

That team is not beating Boston or Washington. I'm not even sure that team wins it's division over Milwaukee if Jabari's knees work next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom