Official 2017 NBA Offseason Thread: Media Days begin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kyrie over in Japan, he prolly not even returning their calls.

tumblr_msljq2V40A1sh28k6o1_500.gif

Irving has watched the way James has leveraged the Cavaliers for commissions on the contracts of his agency's clients, watched the way James' signing of short-term contracts has bent the will of an organization. James inspires a perpetual state of unrest and uncertainty, and everyone -- ownership and management, coaches and players -- is left scrambling to satisfy him. This strategy has been profitable in important ways, including winning at the highest level.

But there were ancillary issues that bothered Irving, too, such as how James' good friend Randy Mims had a position on the Cavs' staff and traveled on the team plane while none of Irving's close friends were afforded the same opportunity.

Several times during the Cavs' playoff run, Irving had long, intense conversations with James as they tried to get the team into a groove following a choppy and inconsistent regular season, sources said.

Wow, I wonder if it was worse than we think. Hard to play with Lebron. Not meaning on the court. But the way he handles things.

Irving has watched the way James has leveraged the Cavaliers for commissions on the contracts of his agency's clients, watched the way James' signing of short-term contracts has bent the will of an organization. James inspires a perpetual state of unrest and uncertainty, and everyone -- ownership and management, coaches and players -- is left scrambling to satisfy him. This strategy has been profitable in important ways, including winning at the highest level.

But there were ancillary issues that bothered Irving, too, such as how James' good friend Randy Mims had a position on the Cavs' staff and traveled on the team plane while none of Irving's close friends were afforded the same opportunity.

Several times during the Cavs' playoff run, Irving had long, intense conversations with James as they tried to get the team into a groove following a choppy and inconsistent regular season, sources said.

Wow, I wonder if it was worse than we think. Hard to play with Lebron. Not meaning on the court. But the way he handles things.

Been telling dudes this for a while now, lebron plays too much politics behind the scenes, he's babied...but it's the organizations fault for allowing it.

Been telling dudes this for a while now, lebron plays too much politics behind the scenes, he's babied...but it's the organizations fault for allowing it.

Your perspective is completely off :lol:. The organization would be nothing without LeBron. Allowing it? They're lucky LeBron allows them to ask him for help. Dan Gilbert is a horrible owner.

You could say the same for Kyrie honestly, he certainly wouldn't have sniffed the finals without him.

Curry absolutely an elite play maker for other. Come on son.

His playmaking is real suspect against real competition. He was not a elite playmaker in those first 2 finals. He's unselfish, gets hockey assist and that good stuff but I don't see him as elite.

Lol if lil Zeke led a team to a #1 seed in the east, so can Kyrie.
I agree however as I was saying yesterday it's not as easy as replicating what Boston has built. It would take years and you would also like to find a coach that can make it go. Stevens' contributions are definitely sizable

Your perspective is completely off :lol:::. The organization would be nothing without LeBron. Allowing it? They're lucky LeBron allows them to ask him for help. Dan Gilbert is a horrible owner.

You could say the same for Kyrie honestly, he certainly wouldn't have sniffed the finals without him.

His antics leave organizations crippled for years to follow after he packs his bags and leaves them...pretty much gets whatever he wants and doesn't produce much to justify it. One chip is def not worth K Love nor T Thompsons outrageous contracts

The same chip Kyrie won them, and even he's looking to bounce. What does that tell you? Everything that glitters ain't gold. It seems like a "tip-toe around lebron so he doesn't get upset" type of environment there. Lakers would be hustling backwards if they allow lebron and his "boys" to come

It is what it is. When you have a top 3 OAT player in his prime on your team, you do what you can to accommodate him. I'm not saying it's right or wrong, but if you're Cleveland you kind of have to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom