Official 2017 NBA Offseason Thread: Media Days begin

Status
Not open for further replies.
You just don't make sense. You said he hasn't produced much. 3 rings, a bunch MVP's, a bunch of finals trips. The best player of his generation. Ain't that many players in history have done more than him.

Lmao this is insane.

You can count on one hand the amount of players who have brought the amount of value to a franchise that Lebron has brought the cavs.

If you're the cavs, why wouldn't you cave in to Lebron's demands? It sucks, but it is what it is.

Like I said, if this were the Lakers or the Spurs this would be a different story. They have real equity. The Cavs equity directly comes from Lebron.

Were we giving the Lakers the same criticisms that we're giving lebron and the cavs when they basically gave magic the power and let him fire coaches and trade players?

This is a star driven league. When franchise changers like Lebron James or magic johnson join your team, you bend to their wishes.

They are winning championships as primary ballhandlers? Do tell.

An Iso PG can be fine as long as the offense runs through someone else. I'd still rather have all of my players be willing passers though.

Winning chips is the standard? If we're going that route outside of Steph, Zeke, and Magic PGs (being the best players) in general being primary ball handlers doesn't equate to title success. But as far as winning and being playoff squads with them leading it's almost a requisite now given the depth at the position.

Lebron=Ohio's economy.

Throw all the on the court stuff out. Lebron is the reason why a lot of people are eating. Pretty sure the Cavs make a whole lotta $$$ solely because of having Bron on the team.

I legitimately didn't know LeBron called himself GOAT. Source?
He in 2015 when they were losing to the Warriors that he was the best player in the world. Which he was at the time with absolutely no debate. But... Let's get mad at him for it.

Winning chips is the standard? If we're going that route outside of Steph, Zeke, and Magic PGs (being the best players) in general being primary ball handlers doesn't equate to title success. But as far as winning and being playoff squads with them leading it's almost a requisite now given the depth at the position.

Steph and Magic don't count at all. They are willing passers, not ISO players. I don't believe that you can win a championship with an ISO-scoring point guard as your primary ballhandler. It's just a very inefficient style of basketball. It always has been but it's even worse in 2017 now that offenses are so highly developed.

Feel free to throw "the Celtics made the ECF with Isaiah Thomas out there", and yeah I really don't see the Celtics competing for a chip with IT as their primary scorer. And yeah it worked with the original IT but again, different era...

Reactions: God
Brons goat potential is far and gone. Great career, but far from the best. far far farrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Actually a lot of iso players specifically at the PG position are getting it done. This is the era of the combo guard.

So why are you so IN on lonzo ball?

I'm not even trying to troll or be antagonistic or anything like that, but this is exactly why I have my reservations about him.

magic-johnson-eating-popcorn.gif

Kobe was never the best player in the league at any point to me. But I really don't want to be a part of this nonsense argument.

So why are you so IN on lonzo ball?

I'm not even trying to troll or be antagonistic or anything like that, but this is exactly why I have my reservations about him.

Because he has the gift Magic had. He's going to be able to have a major impact on the game soley by being a playmaker. If you're not going to be one of those dynamic combo guys, you have to be transcendent in another facet which he is. But even then as I've stated we have what 3 Pgs in the last 30 years or so that have been the best players on title teams. So it's not going to rise and fall with him as far as championship success. He's going to need that dynamic wing player or dominant big to get to that title level.

Regardless my main point was that whoever you thought was the best before LeBron was probably not the GOAT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom