Official 2017 NBA Offseason Thread: Media Days begin

Status
Not open for further replies.
All franchises aren't created equal.

The Lakers can afford to turn their nose at LBJ's demands

The Cavaliers can't. Everything relevant tot he Cavs goes back to Lebron.

His antics leave organizations crippled for years to follow after he packs his bags and leaves them...pretty much gets whatever he wants and doesn't produce much to justify it. One chip is def not worth K Love nor T Thompsons outrageous contracts

The same chip Kyrie won them, and even he's looking to bounce. What does that tell you? Everything that glitters ain't gold. It seems like a "tip-toe around lebron so he doesn't get upset" type of environment there. Lakers would be hustling backwards if they allow lebron and his "boys" to come

If you're from Cleveland, 1 chip is definitely worth 2 bad contracts. Also pretty much any team would have given K. Love that contract at the time (Tristan? hell nah.)

I'm not arguing that LeBron isn't a drama magnet or whatever, but there's a reason teams put up with it. He's the best player in the league. And he doesn't need Kyrie. Kyrie needed LeBron. He's not competing for a chip on his own and he's delusional to think he could.

Sure if you're a well run organization (Miami) you aren't letting LeBron tell you what to do. But if you're a trash organization like Cleveland than why not?

His antics leave organizations crippled for years to follow after he packs his bags and leaves them...pretty much gets whatever he wants and doesn't produce much to justify it. One chip is def not worth K Love nor T Thompsons outrageous contracts

The same chip Kyrie won them, and even he's looking to bounce. What does that tell you? Everything that glitters ain't gold. It seems like a "tip-toe around lebron so he doesn't get upset" type of environment there. Lakers would be hustling backwards if they allow lebron and his "boys" to come

Kevin Love's contract is beyond justified. If anything, he's currently underpaid.

And what org isn't in shambles when a goat leaves?

Irving has watched the way James has leveraged the Cavaliers for commissions on the contracts of his agency's clients, watched the way James' signing of short-term contracts has bent the will of an organization. James inspires a perpetual state of unrest and uncertainty, and everyone -- ownership and management, coaches and players -- is left scrambling to satisfy him. This strategy has been profitable in important ways, including winning at the highest level.

But there were ancillary issues that bothered Irving, too, such as how James' good friend Randy Mims had a position on the Cavs' staff and traveled on the team plane while none of Irving's close friends were afforded the same opportunity.

Several times during the Cavs' playoff run, Irving had long, intense conversations with James as they tried to get the team into a groove following a choppy and inconsistent regular season, sources said.

Wow, I wonder if it was worse than we think. Hard to play with Lebron. Not meaning on the court. But the way he handles things.
This feels untrue. To feel resent over this kind of stuff is silly, it's LeBron James, 90% of the franchises in the league would bend to his will.

Still think this is all a screw Dan Gilbert conspiracy

Kuzma season
:nthat:

Ahhh okay. I'm a huge Kuzma fan.

His playmaking is real suspect against real competition. He was not a elite playmaker in those first 2 finals. He's unselfish, gets hockey assist and that good stuff but I don't see him as elite.

How are you going to say "against real competition" like he isn't playing in the NBA, went to three straight Finals and won two. You're making it sound like we're talking about a dude lighting up Summer League or The Drew :lol:

Kevin Love's contract is beyond justified. If anything, he's currently underpaid.

Even though I feel love is expendable in their current situation people act like lebbys team is so specific like Irving wouldn't be able to take a talent like love and make it work

If you're from Cleveland, 1 chip is definitely worth 2 bad contracts. Also pretty much any team would have given K. Love that contract at the time (Tristan? hell nah.)

I'm not arguing that LeBron isn't a drama magnet or whatever, but there's a reason teams put up with it. He's the best player in the league. And he doesn't need Kyrie. Kyrie needed LeBron. He's not competing for a chip on his own and he's delusional to think he could.

Sure if you're a well run organization (Miami) you aren't letting LeBron tell you what to do. But if you're a trash organization like Cleveland than why not?

Idk man, I respect y'alls opinions, but for someone to be as babied as lebron has been, he really hasnt produced much from it IMO. Look at his antics now that they can't get over the GSW hump. He's looking to bail.

Idk man, I respect y'alls opinions, but for someone to be as babied as lebron has been, he really hasnt produced much from it IMO. Look at his antics now that they can't get over the GSW hump. He's looking to bail.

LeBron is a snake but he's a very talented snake.

Even though I feel love is expendable in their current situation people act like lebbys team is so specific like Irving wouldn't be able to take a talent like love and make it work

Kyrie and Love would definitely be a playoff team but I just really don't want Kyrie as my primary ballhandler in the modern NBA. These iso players just aren't doing it in 2017.

but for someone to be as babied as lebron has been, he really hasnt produced much from it IMO. Look at his antics now that they can't get over the GSW hump. He's looking to bail

I mean 8 straight finals is worth the headache to me. Look at Cleveland was before him. Wait until you see what they'll be when he leaves.

It is what it is. When you have a top 3 OAT player in his prime on your team, you do what you can to accommodate him. I'm not saying it's right or wrong, but if you're Cleveland you kind of have to.
Dude said his "antics" and he does too much behind the scenes like building a championship team is a bad thing. He supposed to just be quite and let Dan Gilbert do nothing. Lol

Actually a lot of iso players specifically at the PG position are getting it done. This is the era of the combo guard.

Definitely a new era of embracing and excusing cowardly antics instead of holding players who call themselves "GOAT" and "King" accountable, I'll see myself out

Definitely a new era of embracing and excusing cowardly antics instead of holding players who call themselves "GOAT" and "King" accountable, I'll see myself out

New era?

Not like Shaq wasn't jealous of Penny. Then became jealous of Kobe. Not like Jordan got Craig Hodges banned from the league. Not like Adrian Dantley and Big Zeke don't still have beef because Zeke wanted his boy Aguirre. Not like Magic didn't have a sex room at the Forum.

New era?

Not like Shaq wasn't jealous of Penny. Then became jealous of Kobe. Not like Jordan got Craig Hodges banned from the league. Not like Adrian Dantley and Big Zeke don't still have beef because Zeke wanted his boy Aguirre. Not like Magic didn't have a sex room at the Forum.

When did those guys proclaim themselves as GOAT or king though?

His antics? Crippled? :rofl:

They were garbage before drafting him, and even when he's on the team they're garbage when he's on the bench.

And the Lakers have been losing 50-60 every single season ever since Kobe ripped his Achilles 4 years ago. Headed for another 50 loss season at that. Bulls trash after MJ left, Orlando after Shaq, etc etc. this isn't exclusive to LeBron teams.

Actually a lot of iso players specifically at the PG position are getting it done. This is the era of the combo guard.

They are winning championships as primary ballhandlers? Do tell.

An Iso PG can be fine as long as the offense runs through someone else. I'd still rather have all of my players be willing passers though.

You just don't make sense. You said he hasn't produced much. 3 rings, a bunch MVP's, a bunch of finals trips. The best player of his generation. Ain't that many players in history have done more than him.

The Cavaliers have 5 finals appearances and a chip in the last 12 years or so.

And Lebron James is the primary (not only) reason for this happening.

You accommodate and conform your franchise to him. It's worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom