Official 2017 NBA Offseason Thread: Media Days begin

Status
Not open for further replies.
6-24

Good thing for this

hqdefault.jpg

off topic but you gonna be at LC arena this year?

not sure about season tickets yet. It's not as convenient as it was before distance wise. the Palace was close af to my home, even in rush hour. That downtown drive is OD with traffic and then the winter :stoneface: . And then they raised the price for season tickets by 40%...for those same bums lmaoooo. Gores should be in the fools wildin thread. Still on the fence. Might just cop the 15-20 games I want, limit the amount of longterm commitment and exposure. Will probably travel more and see more games in different arenas. I still have a few arenas I need to see. We'll see.

not sure about season tickets yet. It's not as convenient as it was before distance wise. the Palace was close af to my home, even in rush hour. That downtown drive is OD with traffic and then the winter :stoneface: . And then they raised the price for season tickets by 40%...for those same bums lmaoooo. Gores should be in the fools wildin thread. Still on the fence. Might just cop the 15-20 games I want, limit the amount of longterm commitment and exposure. Will probably travel more and see more games in different arenas. I still have a few arenas I need to see. We'll see.

man I knew they would raises prices but Jesus....

I sat close the last few seasons, think tickets gonna be expensive all around especially on the resell market or whatever. wanted to go opening night but gonna cost a grip SMH

man I knew they would raises prices but Jesus....

I sat close the last few seasons, think tickets gonna be expensive all around especially on the resell market or whatever. wanted to go opening night but gonna cost a grip SMH

yea pistons wildin like crazy. courtside is 50 grand for the season. and then the courtside tickets next to the bench is 70. gfy drummond. I've had a blast having season tix the last handful of years, but a big part of that is the people. The way I was treated, like a celebrity, like a player. Like in addition to the game itself, getting the whole experience, knowing all of the ushers and security, waiters, etc, many of whom never got the chance to transfer so they just straight lost their jobs. Some of those people worked there for 20 yrs or more. I really don't like the way they handled the move. From the standpoint of a seat owner that has given in excess of a couple hundred grand in total (not even taking into account how much when I owned a suite), I felt the move was handled extremely unprofessionally. It felt rushed. And in a lot of ways just disrespectful and ungrateful to the owners and the employees.

I was lightweight thinking about changing mine but don't know what to change it to.

Had it for over a decade but was feeling I need a change, nah mean?

Bean is among several players to call AAU trash. But when Jason "White Chocolate" Williams called it trash on Area 21, that was really surprising. He had the ultimate AAU game with the way it is being played now.

That video with Bron during the lockout had to be before KD lit up Bron for 60 something and Bron had 30 something. After that they were on the same team for the rest of the lockout games.

In a way AAU is ruining alot of players in terms of fundamentals and making the right plays. Chuking the ball as soon as you cross halfcourt is not a good look no matter how you put it.

Lot of things wrong with it that they'll never change.

AAU has been played the same for literally...DECADES. It's a showcase. It really gets a bad rap because of the street agents, amount of games played and money in it......but it's such a positive On so many levels. Letting kids travel, meeting new people, taking some kids off the streets for the summer, playing with and against best players in the country etc.

Think about some of the most SKILLED American NBA players in the NBA right now....

They ALL played AAU. Sprinkled around the AAU schedule.....are numerous "Skill Academy's" and "Workshops" where fundamentals are DRILLED in by elite NBA players, coaches, college coaches, natl team coaches etc. A summer might consist of Peach Jam, Adidas Nation, Super Showcase....sprinkled in between are NBA Players Association Camp, Hoop Summit, Lebron James Skills Acadmey, Cp3 Elite Guard Camp, Team USA Natl Team Camp Invite etc. What the smart ones do is take what they learned at these camps over a few days...and dominate AAU with it.

Hubie Brown in the 70s said, "inner city blacks" were "ruining basketball" with their "non fundamental style". This was the 70s B :lol:. Here we are in 2017 and people are STILL looking for ways to diminish current basketball. Back in my day types.

Basketball players are more skilled across the board than they've ever been.

Last edited:
6-24

Good thing for this

hqdefault.jpg

Don't forget this guy as well:

Plus remember when the Lakers lost home court advantage against the Celtics by losing game 2 of the 2010 finals? Well, in the next game Derek Fisher took it back by scoring 10 points on 4-6 shooting in the 4th quarter. Kobe in that same 4th quarter? 4 points (2 of which were intentional foul free throws when the game was won) on 1-6 shooting:

https://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/pbp/201006080BOS.html#q4

yea pistons wildin like crazy. courtside is 50 grand for the season. and then the courtside tickets next to the bench is 70. gfy drummond. I've had a blast having season tix the last handful of years, but a big part of that is the people. The way I was treated, like a celebrity, like a player. Like in addition to the game itself, getting the whole experience, knowing all of the ushers and security, waiters, etc, many of whom never got the chance to transfer so they just straight lost their jobs. Some of those people worked there for 20 yrs or more. I really don't like the way they handled the move. From the standpoint of a seat owner that has given in excess of a couple hundred grand in total (not even taking into account how much when I owned a suite), I felt the move was handled extremely unprofessionally. It felt rushed. And in a lot of ways just disrespectful and ungrateful to the owners and the employees.

Yeah, it was handled terrible bro no lie. I feel the same way. They just forget everyone there.
Imma hit up a couple this season, with a little one due next month. I may not get too as many as I did last year though, or get to all those arenas I hit up either.

Ehhh, it was fun last season at least! Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom