Official 2017 NBA Offseason Thread: Media Days begin

Status
Not open for further replies.
As great of a player he may be, Russ plays losing basketball. Very curious to see how this Paul George duo works out.
No one seems to understand this when they give KD grief about leaving.

On the Paul George front, all the stat stuffing tatics (boxing up the lane on free throws, two dribbles to get a shot off -- if not give it back to Russ) has to go if they want him to even think about not being a 1 year rental.

No one seems to understand this when they give KD grief about leaving.

On the Paul George front, all the stat stuffing tatics (boxing up the lane on free throws, two dribbles to get a shot off -- if not give it back to Russ) has to go if they want him to even think about not being a 1 year rental.

Maybe Russ will stop that nonsense now that he got his MVP. I can't see PG making his entire job about getting Russ stats like OKC did last year.

All this slander for russ :smh:

slan·der
ˈslandər/
noun
LAW
  1. the action or crime of making a false spoken statement damaging to a person's reputation.

Harden didn't do much better from 3 last year hitting 35% from 9 attempts

This year was his worst shooting year ever, and it was STILL better than Russ. He's so much better as a shooter it doesn't make sense. Russ is literally one of the worst shooters EVER and shoots at Kyle Korver volume. And y'all can't figure out why people say he's low iq.

Giannis - way too young, takes years to even enter your prime to contend
CP3 - still think he's the best true point guard in the league, kobe woulda won one more with CP in LA
Harden - he chucks just as much as Russ, but with CP3 now there I think they'll be very very good together

Melo, Cousins, Russ those are the type of players that play losing basketball. Legit if i was a big time FA i would not want to play with those guys.

Interesting thought process. I could have sworn OKC has like a top 3-5 or so winning percentage in the league since moving there along with several conference finals and a finals appearance.

Russ in one year as the guy is in the Cousins/Melo category of guys who've been the best players on there respective teams for years and been stuck in futility or not even making the playoffs all together.

CP0 being the best true point guard means exactly what, has got him or his team exactly what now a decade plus into the league. There all playing losing basketball if that's the case. His nor Beard's playing style is conducive to 'winning'.

This year was his worst shooting year ever, and it was STILL better than Russ. He's so much better as a shooter it doesn't make sense. Russ is literally one of the worst shooters EVER and shoots at Kyle Korver volume. And y'all can't figure out why people say he's low iq.

Shooting 34% from 3 is not anywhere close to being one of the worst shooters ever. Stop it.

Shooting 34% from 3 is not anywhere close to being one of the worst shooters ever. Stop it.

For his career he's definitely one of the worst shooters ever

There are 205 players in NBA history to play 5000+ minutes & average 3.0 3PA per game. Westbrook ranks 203rd in 3P%.

Interesting thought process. I could have sworn OKC has like a top 3-5 or so winning percentage in the league since moving there along with several conference finals and a finals appearance.

Russ in one year as the guy is in the Cousins/Melo category of guys who've been the best players on there respective teams for years and been stuck in futility or not even making the playoffs all together.

CP0 being the best true point guard means exactly what, has got him or his team exactly what now a decade plus into the league. There all playing losing basketball if that's the case. His nor Beard's playing style is conducive to 'winning'.

You're so obsessed with justifying iso-ball and selfish/inefficient play as the legitimate style that no one is going to change your mind.

Let's be real. Everyone knows it's because you enjoy watching that style of play and Kobe is your favorite player. Nothing wrong with that. But if you remove preference/emotion from the equation, you are just not correct on this.

Also not to digress but Kobe played in a different era when that was the predominant style of offense and for that time he was actually an efficient scorer. It's different for Russ to be playing the way he is when you look around at the hyper-efficiency and high IQ offenses in the league.

No but this does.

Capture.PNG

Guy is a terrible three point shooter and won't stop shooting it.

You're so obsessed with justifying iso-ball and selfish/inefficient play as the legitimate style that no one is going to change your mind.

Let's be real. Everyone knows it's because you enjoy watching that style of play and Kobe is your favorite player. Nothing wrong with that. But if you remove preference/emotion from the equation, you are just not correct on this.

Kobe won though. So have other iso ball/selfish players including the GOAT so I actually have evidence of it working.

Kobe won though. So have other iso ball/selfish players including the GOAT so I actually have evidence of it working.

1. Kobe was 1,000,000x better than Russ. He was talented enough to break a lot of rules.
2. Kobe played in a different era.
3. Kobe really wasn't as selfish as people remember. Winning Kobe never played as selfishly as losing Kobe, but losing Kobe is the one people remember and praise.

My bad, didn't realize there was an attempt limitation on this.
It's not a limitation the volume is relevant because it helps solidify the average. Is Shaq made 1/1 threes ever would we call him the GOAT? No.

The point is that Westbrook has been bad at this for years, has shown no discernable improvement, yet continues to launch threes at a high rate.

It's not a limitation the volume is relevant because it helps solidify the average. Is Shaq made 1/1 threes ever would we call him the GOAT? No.

The point is that Westbrook has been bad at this for years, has shown no discernable improvement, yet continues to launch threes at a high rate.

I dont disagree, but why not draw the line at 100,200,500,1000, 1500 or 3000 though?

I mean, a 35% average is good enough to get you top 250 of all time, but we are going to draw random lines to make it look worse. 34% isn't that god awful terrible.

Last edited:
1. Kobe was 1,000,000x better than Russ. He was talented enough to break a lot of rules.
2. Kobe played in a different era.
3. Kobe really wasn't as selfish as people remember. Winning Kobe never played as selfishly as losing Kobe, but losing Kobe is the one people remember and praise.

2. Bron and Kyrie just won the previous chip by iso ball & volume shooting.
3. Kobe was top 3 in shot attempts in each of those final 3 Finals runs.

what? thats a debate now too? bruhhhh :rofl:

Kobe>>>>>>>>>>>>>Russ.

Hell, lets get this out of the way on this sunny Tuesday

Kobe>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Harden
Kobe>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>L38ron
Kobe>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Curry
Kobe>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>KD

Kobe>>>>>>>>>>>>everybody except MJ & Magic. The only 3 kings.

Pull up

Reactions: MVP
If we draw the line at 1500 it doesn't really help his case. He's still bottom 10 out of 255 players.

Edit: Antidope keeps beating me to the punch. :lol:

what? thats a debate now too? bruhhhh :rofl::

Kobe>>>>>>>>>>>>>Russ.

Hell, lets get this out of the way on this sunny Tuesday

Kobe>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Harden
Kobe>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>L38ron
Kobe>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Curry
Kobe>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>KD

Kobe>>>>>>>>>>>>everybody except MJ & Magic. The only 3 kings.

Pull up

I don't this anyone was debating player vs player. Just play style conducive to winning. The bottom line is really that if you're not on the Warriors right now, no playing style is conducive to winning.

I'd say Lavar is capitalizing just fine from the "fame" he's gotten...if he continues to manifest that into more product or even a TV show like someone mentioned, all the more better. He just has to play it safe enough to not burn any bridges in the process, doesn't seem like he has so far anyway.

:lol: @ MJ responding though...so far he's gotten Shaq to diss him and MJ to call him out :lol:

Wade attempted more 3s per game this year than at any point in the last 5 years of his career and had the 4th highest attempts per game of his career.
He was also playing inefficient me me me basketball. When he was playing to win he wasn't shooting any. Chicago Bulls Wade was all about putting up surface level stats to mask the fact that he was playing really bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom