Official 2018 Boxing Thread: 12/30 - Ito vs. Chuprakov, Shiro vs. Juarez ESPN+

Who will be the winner of Canelo vs. GGG II?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I don’t correlate passion and things like that with being a student of the game.
Dude needs a lot of work on his fundamentals

everyone can improve and you cant be a student of the science if you dont have the passion for it. it starts somewhere.

Lol we don't buy these fights haha. We hit the bar with the homies. Most times be no cover, like tonight. Plus the main manager is my dawg, we be litty. All these draws tho....this **** ain't the wave. These fugazi outcomes ain't hot. Wilder my dude...but fam...even if Fury won, keep it funky and call it a dub.

At least my dude Deontay ain't lose the Gucci belt on points.

I understand this point of view but at the same thing why does it matter if it was entertaining?

Paid and give zero effs, enjoyed the fight. Plus wanted to see Hurd do his thing.

Hurd was looking suspect there early but the man got power. I wanna see him knock Jermell clean out but he better work on that defense.

Still can't believe Fury got up in the 12th.

I don't think Wilder won 3 rounds outside of the knockdowns, but Fury also didn't exactly outland him by a landslide. Fury shoulda got the decision but the knockdowns definitely made it easy for the judges to try and justify a draw.

All that said, if they rematch I'm definitely watching again

I’m not that pissed at the draw. Wilder scored two knockdowns and I’m sure the judges gave him 2 or 3 rounds. Yeah the 115-111 score card was nuts but 114-112 wouldn’t look so far fetched with two knockdowns and 3-4 rounds in Wilders favor. Rounds 1-4 could’ve gone either way.

If you guys say Fury won based on just a few pop shots here and there, then you guys better be the biggest Floyd Mayweather fans and supporters EVER!

Oh yeah, I can’t wait to see if Fury was clean for this fight. That 12th round knockdown was weird! He got up not even wobbly or fazed by that hit and I thought he was out!!

Lastly, I paid for the fight and invited friends over to watch it with some beer and pizza. I do this all the time for big fights and enjoy hosting. No big deal for me.

Last edited:
I understand this point of view but at the same time why does it matter if it was entertaining?

It just sets a terrible precedent for the sport. Not something that I'd want to support or spend my money on.
I'd like to think that the sport still has some sort of legitimacy left.

It just sets a terrible precedent for the sport. Not something that I'd want to support or spend my money on.
I'd like to think that the sport still has some sort of legitimacy left.

There is corruption in EVERY sport, especially at the highest level. Whenever money, power, and influence are on the line there is bound to be funny business behind the scenes. The powers that be are brazen with what they can get away with and are making a mockery out of us for continuing to watch.

I treat it as WWE at this point and do not get emotionally attached at all.

Where was the split decision Jimmy announced? From someone who was rootin for wilder, he lost point blank. Feel bad for fury

If you guys say Fury won based on just a few pop shots here and there, then you guys better be the biggest Floyd Mayweather fans and supporters EVER!

Word. And no, I'm certain that a decent amount of the ones talkin **** aren't :lol:.

And for the record, Fury might be the best pure boxer at heavyweight right now. I actually really like his style. Dude got hella heart too to get up from that 12th round knockdown. I gotta give credit to Wilder for finding him too, especially in the 12th. Fury made Klitschko look old and clueless, so as bad of a boxer as Wilder is, gotta give the man credit for pushing Fury much farther than Klitschko did.

But it is what it is. Fury got a low workrate, and he's not exactly a power puncher. Multiple rounds with not many punches landed between the two of them + the two knockdowns + boxing politics = draw. Not the right decision, but I wouldn't be mad if they run it back for a rematch

Freaking Floyd Mayweather one of the smartest boxers to ever live had the first five rounds all to Fury and this scrub Alejandro Rochin had it 4-1 to Wilder??? This guy should never judge again dude is on some Trump collusion bs with that score

I went back and rewatched the 2nd knockdown repeatedly. From the time Furys back touches the canvas , to the time he got on 1 knee ,the count was 11 seconds.
The ref was slow on the count.
Wilder should be 41-0-0 , w/40kos .

:wow:

No lie..I thought it felt slow....maybe I was hoping.

Dudes thinking fury was juiced? coked up? He def looked like a tweaker

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom